It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear NWS (National Weather Service)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Dear NWS,

Yeah, ok I get it, you wanna give people a lil bit more of a warning, so you decided to change the requirements which need to be met, in order to fire up the Tornado Siren, but why not change the *snippin'* sound also??

Years ago, the siren meant, "Dude, this *snip* just got REAL!!! Go hide ASAP!!!".

But nowadays, that *snippin* loud annoying siren no longer means there actually is one.

Even if it's not a different sound, why not change the timing of the Siren? Ya know, maybe make it be more intermittent, just to get people to start paying closer attention. So that when there actually is one, then you guys can crank that thing up full-blast and non-stop.

'Cuz right now, I'm over it. 15 minutes from now, when there's a tornado a couple blocks away headed directly towards me, and while the Siren is still going off, I'm not gonna crawl into a hole. Everything will be just as it is right now, and I won't even be able to hear the Tornado over that grrrr dam *snippin* loud siren.

edit on 6/26/13 by BrokenCircles because: guess I shoulda put this in the Rant Forum, but oh well......

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
AGREED!

join