It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Carry your pistol - on the 4th of July - Exercise your Rights

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

If we are to believe gun rights advocates, absolutely everywhere there are people going to try and kill us. Each and every time you walk down the street without a gun, you WILL be repeatedly shot, stabbed, robbed, raped, assaulted, battered, threatened, etc.

It's just not true. And I used to live in Detroit.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I would like for the pro gun crowd in this thread to comment on this picture:

This is germane to this thread I swear. I just want to get some feedback.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
I would like for the pro gun crowd in this thread to comment on this picture:

This is germane to this thread I swear. I just want to get some feedback.

Technically they are openly exercising their rights. To openly carry something that could be used as a weapon, and their right to free speech.

Not that I agree with the message or the method in which it was delivered.

But in the long run, they didn't hurt anybody other than feelings, so there ya go.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Shame you don't have the guts to celebrate your countries independance without carrying a gun.

That's not independance and freedom, that's fear imo.

Leave the gun at home, be the kind of human this world needs, not the one the rest of us is trying to get away from. Please.
edit on 26/6/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

I would rather be in a world where every law abiding citizen is packing a firearm. Openly!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
What is with morons wanting to open carry? It is these morons that make it hard on gun owners who are not nut bags going around waving guns around declaring themselves patriots. Where does this desire come from? Even in the wild west it was common to not allow weapons to be carried in town. I still think and IQ test should be given before you but a gun. Then maybe all these idiots would stop shooting themelves or friends and family on accident. I am tired of nut jobs and idiots making the rest of look bad.

I don't know what I preffer, "Nut jobs and idiots making the rest of (us) look bad", or peope like yourself who refer to open carry as the "wild west" when this is not at all acurate. Those of us who carry are not the ones "shooting themelves or friends and family on accident".

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

See, that wasn't the typical emotion that was given over that picture (and the related video).

But you are right, they are practicing their constitutional 2nd Amendment right to bear arms.

But few stood up to defend them, I wonder why?

What's the difference between the men above, and people open carrying their firearms?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Not much, believe it or not. Both are a form of intimidation.

Depending upon the individual, a open carry means he has nothing inflammatory to say. The stance speaks for itself.

But others seem to need to create problems.

Regardless of the problem you pick, you'll find the above true.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
i must say, the smoke bomb was a major success. it burned out in a few seconds and the heat wave could be felt 30-40 feet away!

a police officer literally showed up because they had seen the huge pillar of smoke erupt suddenly and wanted to check it out. it was truly glorious. we recorded it, i might throw up a video later.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Not much, believe it or not. Both are a form of intimidation.

Exactly my point, but do you see the difference in opinion between the two different forms of "intimidation"?

The New Black Panther guy outside the polling place caused a lot of controversy, however, we are expected here with the open carry people to support this form of intimidation?

Don't get me wrong, when I lived in Colorado, and would go deep into the wilderness, I would open carry, there was a reason. I wasn't doing it to intimidate anyone. In the mountains a firearm is a very necessary tool.

This, in my opinion was just people trying to be bullies. Yes, they are exercising their right to bear arms. But, they are doing it for the wrong reason.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

You are right. A bully open carrying and bumping his/her gums can be construed as a threat to others. But someone open carrying and acting normal or quietly will raise eyebrows, and more than likely suspicions. But as long as they don't cause trouble, no harm, no foul.

For the most part, I don’t carry as I don’t feel the need too. But there are times when I do feel safer armed. At those times, I will always open carry as it sends a message. All without having to open my mouth.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join