It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gillard dumped, Kevin Rudd once again Prime Minister of Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
In the daily soap opera that Australian politics has become, Kevin Rudd has pulled off a last minute leadership win, and will lead the Australian Labor Party to the election.

www.theage.com.au...

It's no secret that there were plenty of people in the electorate extremely unhappy with the way in which Kevin Rudd was removed as leader of the ALP back in 2010 nearly exactly 3 years ago (June 24th, 2010).
The Labor party appeared to be heading for a landslide size defeat, with Gillard, the first female Prime Minister of Australia being an extremely unpopular leader. The leader of the opposition, Tony Abbott is also very unpopular, but Rudd has retained his popularity, hence the constant speculation surrounding the constant media circus with its continual speculation regarding Rudd challenging to return to the position of leader.

Whether returning Rudd will be enough to turn the tables for Labor, and give them any chane of staying in government remains to be seen, but obviously the Labor party believes there's a better chance under Rudd.
While very popular with the people, Rudd is highly disliked within his own party by many ministers, and the Labor party has been a highly 'toxic' environment by the stories appearing in the media (every week it seems). For the party to return Rudd indicates a certain desperation, considering his extreme unpopularity. In a reverse to how each leader has been portrayed by the media, Gillard appears to have the respect of a good many colleagues and seems to have far more respect as to how she works within the confines of the Labor party.

Will this move give Labor any hope of retaining power in upcoming Federal election? This remains to be seen, but by all accounts, they have a far higher chance with Rudd at the helm and consequently the party has voted to get rid of Gillard, the first female Prime Minister of Australia, and replace her with the man she replaced.

Interesting times

edit on 26-6-2013 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2013 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cuckooold

I don't know much about Australian politics, but in American politics it is virtually unheard of for a political party to replace a sitting President as their candidate in an upcoming election. Is it equally strange for a political party to do so with an incumbent Prime Minister or is this sort of thing usual?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Its happened a few times over the past I think.

Well done to Rudd, Julia can take the knife she stabbed into Rudd's back and commit political suicide with it. (oh thats right she already has and now has to retire thank goodness.)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
Is it equally strange for a political party to do so with an incumbent Prime Minister or is this sort of thing usual?

Well look at what happened back in 2010 when Rudd was suddenly replaced with Gillard... strange things are common in Australian politics. It's why I never vote (we get fined if we don't vote), the system is a complete joke. And technically the Queen is the head of state anyway, the PM is under her, so all of this is just a meaningless game. I wont take it seriously until we separate ourselves from the Commonwealth monarchy.
edit on 26/6/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Is it equally strange for a political party to do so with an incumbent Prime Minister or is this sort of thing usual?

Well look at what happened back in 2010 when Rudd was suddenly replaced with Gillard... strange things are common in Australian politics. It's why I never vote (we get fined if we don't vote), the system is a complete joke. And technically the Queen is the head of state anyway, so all of this is just a meaningless game. I wont take it seriously until we separate ourselves from the Commonwealth monarchy.

It may be a joke, but the Queen lets a parliament handle the country at the end of the day these jokers call the shots not the queen. Its probably not even these jokers pulling the strings but something shadowed(But thats a conspiracy all together).
Its good to see her gone and I am going to have a drink on the weekend for it.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
Its probably not even these jokers pulling the strings but something shadowed(But thats a conspiracy all together).

Yeah and I'd be willing to bet these so called shadow puppet masters link back to the royal families.

Its good to see her gone and I am going to have a drink on the weekend for it.

Yeah well I can feel you on that, whether it makes a difference or not I'm glad she's gone because she was a total shill and Rudd seems more trustworthy, hence why he seems to be more unliked by his peers (bunch of shills).

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Well look at what happened back in 2010 when Rudd was suddenly replaced with Gillard... strange things are common in Australian politics. It's why I never vote (we get fined if we don't vote), the system is a complete joke. And technically the Queen is the head of state anyway, so all of this is just a meaningless game. I wont take it seriously until we separate ourselves from the Commonwealth monarchy.

and this is why the republican debate stalls everytime. we have just had 6 years of turbulent government with people knifing each other and changing leaders.

yet......not a word from the queen. no interference...no comments....because "technically" she cant. yes, we are part of the commonwealth, but that is really just like a club.

so unless you can point out to me where she has played any role in the last 6 years...then your statement is not worth the paper its not written on.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Its probably not even these jokers pulling the strings but something shadowed(But thats a conspiracy all together).

Yeah and I'd be willing to bet these so called shadow puppet masters link back to the royal families.

Possibly club of Rome and the Agenda 21..

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
so unless you can point out to me where she has played any role in the last 6 years...then your statement is not worth the paper its not written on.

It wasn't written on paper.
The queen may not play an obvious role in our affairs, but her influence is there. They just don't want you to know it, that's why you never hear anything about it... they want you to feel exactly how you feel, that the queen simply chooses to sit back and let us play our little politics game without interference from her. They want you to feel that our election system and our leaders actually have the true power to represent us as a sovereign nation, but that's simply not the truth. You can believe what ever you want to believe if it makes you sleep better at night and feel more proud to be an Australian.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

It wasn't written on paper.
The queen may not play an obvious role in our affairs, but her influence is there. They just don't want you to know it, that's why you never hear anything about it... they want you to feel exactly how you feel, that the queen simply chooses to sit back and let us play our little politics game without interference from her. They want you to feel that our election system and our leaders actually have the true power to represent us as a sovereign nation, but that's simply not the truth. You can believe what ever you want to believe if it makes you sleep better at night and feel more proud to be an Australian.

again you read what you wanted to read. i said its not worth the paper its NOT written on..

I was at Parliament House in Canberra on tuesday for a meeting with a Senator, and trust me i could not see it anywhere.

im not trying to pick a fight with you, im just asking you to question your opinions if they are the opinions of others. seek out the truth for yourself.

what makes me sleep better at night is the fact that we are a true democratic nation and when you are in Parliament house you can actually see our elected members wandering about and getting on with business.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

I was at Parliament House in Canberra on tuesday for a meeting with a Senator, and trust me i could not see it anywhere.

So your meeting with a Senator has convinced you the system is totally legit because you didn't see any suspect activity? Wow you must be right...

im not trying to pick a fight with you, im just asking you to question your opinions if they are the opinions of others. seek out the truth for yourself.

I have been a conspiracy theorist for half a dozen years now, and I hardly ever see anything about this subject, so my opinions are completely my own. Your opinion is the exactly the same as most other Australians so perhaps you should ask yourself the same question.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

reply to post by bellagirl

I have been a conspiracy theorist for half a dozen years now, and I hardly ever see anything about this subject, so my opinions are completely my own. Your opinion is the exactly the same as most other Australians so perhaps you should ask yourself the same question.

your right...most australians do have the same opinion.

sometimes my friend you just have to accept that if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck....then its simply a duck.

the biggest thing we both should take out of this is how great is it that we both have different opinions and we can both express them freely without fear. i respect your right to have your own opinion and i hope you respect my right to have mine. we both do live in a great country.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I gave you a star because I refuse to vote as well.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Neo feudalists they made up of two groups Global Corporate ceos (microsoft,monsanto etc). & Global Investment Bankers.
As for Bilderburgers i think while there is some truth to bilderburgers and other international trade organisations controlling national govs.
As for the UN stuff its known to be a John Birch society myth dreamt up in cold war america and still used by those in the US tea party movement and libertarians.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

top topics

join