It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jay Dobyns - Ex Undercover Hells Angel Suing ATF

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

On Tuesday, February 18, 2014, at 9:30 am MST, the closing arguments in Dobyns v. USA will be presented at the Evo A. DeConcini United States Federal Courthouse, 405 W. Congress Street in Tucson, Arizona.

I am asking that anyone who wants or can attend to please do so – for or against me; all are encouraged to be present and listen. I am inviting you knowing full-well that the government will do their very best to once again bash my head in and lay blame for all of this at my feet.

Especially those out there in law enforcement, please come. I want you to see for yourselves and hear for yourselves how the Department of Justice and ATF feel about me, and thus you. The governments attorneys will attempt to synopsize their view of the events I have faced. You will learn of what to expect should you be placed in the same predicament as I have been.

I am assuring to everyone who attends that you will be shocked and stunned. Maybe infuriated and sickened.

Living in a completely different country, I won't be able to go see, but he sure does make it sound exciting.

I can lose the final verdict yet still win. How? My single, focused goal of my lawsuit has always been to make the American public aware. That is coming true
The truth is the truth is the truth. That will never change. See ya in court. Please attend and decide for yourself if you believe I am right, or if I am wrong.

Jay Dobyns' Blog

edit on 16/2/14 by AKindChap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well, here is hoping this case ends and goes to a verdict with justice for Jay and his family. He got used, abused, screwed hard and thrown out in the cold by his own agency and for the horrible crime of doing entirely TOO well. Similar to an NYPD Detective that reached the upper echelons of Cartel smuggling from Columbia to Brazil and ended his career in much the same way. "Thanks, but your too good...get stuffed!". That's a fair description for how I'd term both cases in how the people were treated.
edit on 16-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Some updates on the case:

Judge Allegra went on to say that during trial, witnesses testifying for the government had answered questions in his courtroom with “less than candor”. That is a tactful way of saying they committed perjury, or for the rest of us laymen – they lied.

As a demonstration of the federal arrogance I have fought off for the past ten years, today, when DOJ’s Harrington was advised that his allotment of time before the court was running short and in the midst of trying to convince the court that the entirety of all of this was my fault, Harrington replied to the Judge’s advisement, “Your Honor, time flies when you’re having fun.”

Jay Dobyns Blog - Beatdown!

-

Even the ATF’s Internal Affairs Division (IAD) formal investigation dated October 11, 2012 found 11 specific cases where the ATF had acted wrongfully.

The ATF and DOJ claim the ATF statutes violated do not constitute laws, but ATF internal rules that are only for internal procedures ... The ATF countersued for an infraction by Dobyns for not providing a copy of his last book "No Angel." The Federal government claims it was hurt by publically producing tradecraft secrets ... Dobyns also adressed the book saying, "It's the double standard that is promoted by Eric Holder. They want to hold me accountable for a violation of some minor internal policy to notify them of the publishing of my book ...It's a double standard that all of us as federal employees are subjected to."

Closing arguments heard in ATF whistleblower Dobyns case

-

During closing arguments, DOJ lead attorney, David Harrington, admitted that there was "no proper authorization of taping (Dobyns') phone calls."

Reed also focused on the three top ATF officials who testified during the trial that the investigation into arson was "embarrassing" and "worse than a mess."

Dobyns has said he blew the whistle on corruption. Reed presented an email between ATF Assistant Special Agent in Charge George Gillett to ATF Tucson Supervisor Charles Higman regarding the ATF's arson investigation.

Gillett wrote, "...what I can control (and fully intend to control) is the specific information that is briefed to the chain of command." The letter also contained, "I stand with you and your agents on this so not releasing significant details (to anyone) that we may discover that would compromise our work won't come from me. I'll go out of my way to conceal them. Please trust that ... I have enough LE and intelligence community experience to know how to protect myself and my subordinates. (I can hide the ball with the best of them.)

Stunning testimony in ATF agent Jay Dobyns case against the feds
edit on 3/3/14 by AKindChap because: Fixed links

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Any conclusion?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
the HA are a business model pure and simple.
and where there is money there is coruption

at the top you will find the same people running both sides, put THAT in jeopordy and you will find that nothing is sacred

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is a great documentary, and I have spoken to him, he is a great guy, a family guy (who had to hand with the most undesirable of folk, not to mention having to fake/avoid compromising positions with women he had no interest in entertaining himself with).

Outlaw Bikers - How Jay Dobyns Failed - Part 1 of 6

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
*too late to edit, but I just remembered, Jay did a few hours on Coast to Coast (with Noory, I believe) but I cannot find it anywhere.

that is where I first heard of him. Maybe someone else can find the interview??

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I read his book, also seen a couple of documentaries with him in.
Can't say I'm totally surprised how it all turned out.
One of the things that bugged me about the whole rotten business was the way he and others used to "offer" other guys the chance to earn easy money, then brand them as criminals.
I'm no crim, I'm no saint either, and depending on my circumstances, if someone I knew pretty well said I could earn a few hundred quid for just riding shotgun while he delivered some guns, I might well take the offer. When you're poor, your poor. Trouble is, without the ATF backed weapons and debt collecting pseudo business, how many of those guys would have gotten into real illegal stuff?

Not all members of clubs are innocents, but they aren't all criminals either, but that's the way the cops try and paint it and JD had no small hand in all that, so maybe there's a bit of karma going on. I dunno, I doubt very much if he's the only guy whos been hung out to dry when he stopped being useful though or whether, knowing what he knows now, he'd see things so black and white as he did before.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Wow. Next time I have a bad day ill remember that at least I don't have the ATF and the Hells Angels after me.

How could they (ATF) just throw him to the wolves like that?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Am I the only person that thinks he should not have written a book and instead stayed off the radar?

Definitely not taking the Ha or the ATF's side here. I am thinking about his family's safety.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

Yeah i don't want anyone after me.

If i got backed into a corner i cant say what i would do. Fight or flight.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

I've read his book and he didn't write it until after the case was concluded, blown to pieces and his name/identity were as well known to the Hell's Angel's as their own family. Both names...and both identities. That's the whole problem.

The ATF burned one of their best operations and one of their better agents undercover while doing something meaningful and useful for a change. Not hunting down Idaho mountain men for a sawed off shotgun this time. Nope...they were actually going after criminals for once.

It figures..this would be the case they would call early, totally destroy for outcome and then hang their own people out to dry with. All while their more tragic blunders enjoy official protection for even learning what happened. Go figure.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Where I grew up there was lots of 1% outlaw biker in or affiliated with the HA and I personally think they are some of the most ruthless people who have no morals. I really despise any group of people who's goals are to cause pain and misery for those around them, from the drugs they sell to the women they abuse and the unlucky people to be killed.

Jail was made for those people and typical bureaucratic lack of leadership drops the ball again.

Is this the same guy the movie Beyond The Law was made about?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Slickinfinity

Many of these 1%ers are ex special forces, Navy Seals, Army SF, DELTA, maybe they have colleagues in the ATF and FBI?

Its an obvious transition from an exciting life killing and extracting for the military to killing and extracting for bikers and gangsters, real gangsters, mobsters. Its more lucrative and probably comes with other benefits too, such as women and drugs...
edit on 3/5/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I see. Thanks for clarifying.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Yeah from what I've learned about the hello angels ,when you join your wife and daughters are property of the hells angels.
Screw that.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I've seen a couple of TV documentaries about this story.What I know is despite being undercover for so long there were very few convictions stemming from the operation.I've heard imply Dobyns credibility was in question,specifically drug use.Is this why their was next to no successful prosecutions here?
Or were Dobyns ex-bosses putting out stories to discredit Dobyn?Whom are you supposed to believe?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

riffraff

Yeah from what I've learned about the hello angels ,when you join your wife and daughters are property of the hells angels.
Screw that.

one thing about 1% ers is pride.
You seriously think anyone would get a patch who'd do that?

Sure, the club comes first, but every member is your brother and as such, due your love and respect.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

The club comes above all else.

Your kidding yourself to think otherwise.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

And you ought to think things through before believing whatever Hollywood rubbish you "heard"
How's anyone going to respect a man that'll give up his Mrs and daughters like that?
How's anyone going to have confidence in someone like that to not give up their patch or rat on their brother or stick around for a fight they can't win?

Pure fantasy mate. The kind of thing that sells pulp novels, nothing more.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join