It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scalia Arrested Trying to Burn Down Supreme Court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
ok it is the newyoker and it might be satire, but then it might not be
www.newyorker.com... form the link

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a shocking end to an illustrious legal career, police arrested Justice Antonin Scalia today as he attempted to set the Supreme Court building ablaze.

Justice Scalia, who had seemed calm and composed during the announcement of two major rulings this morning, was spotted by police minutes later outside the building, carrying a book of matches and a gallon of kerosene.

After police nabbed Justice Scalia and placed him in handcuffs, the Juror appeared “at peace and resigned to his fate,” a police spokesman said.

“He went quietly,” the spokesman said. “He just muttered something like, ‘I don’t want to live in a world like this.’ ”

Back at the Supreme Court, Justice Scalia’s colleagues said they hoped he would get the help he needed, except for Justice Clarence Thomas, who said nothing.

Get the Borowitz Report delivered to your inbox.

Photograph by Charles Rex Arbogast/AP.
will try to find if this is fact or fiction.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The Borowitz Report is 100% satire 100% of the time..

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

www.youtube.com...

Seemed appropriate

edit on 26-6-2013 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well, I think the question we need to ask here is .....was he really trying to burn the place down or was he just trying to start a little fire for warmth to help the homeless outside? See.... He might be all heart and here we are, looking at him like a felon. Poor guy.....

I do like the headline at the bottom tho.

OBAMA ASKS STAFF TO START CC’ING HIM ON STUFF

Now that might not be a bad idea with how much comes as a total shock these days.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

yes it does and it might be true but then again it is the NewYoker er newjoker

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

or he might have been setting up a weenie roast in celebration of the pop 8 being over turned, just a thought

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Well, there ya go. I'll bet that's all it was. He was just testing the grounds for how suitable a big BBQ might be to celebrate their own greatness. Indeed..... All kinds of reasons for a thing like this. We should be ashamed...always assuming the worst.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Ewww weenies on a kerosene soaked fire? Ewww. Just ewww

top topics

join