It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is walmart bending to custumers demands over m4 clones

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EA006

a colt ar 15 and other m4 clones that walmart sells are not machine guns they are semi automatic which means they fire once for each pull of the trigger just like lots of revolvers they are chambered for 223 remington which is 5.56 military caliber but really it is a varmint caliber meant for killing wolves and coyotes. but mo american supermarkets do not sell fully automatic weapons in grocery stores. and the price will keep thes out of most hands at between 897 to 1497 dollars a rifle

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
yeah the sad part is they have had the same ammo in stock for last six moths 2 boxes of 300 magnum 1 box 7mm
3 different boxes of bird shot and none of it fit any of the 12 rifles and shotguns in stock at this local walmart hell co2 cartridges have been sold out for 6 months too

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by EA006
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It just amazes me Americans can buy machine guns at the super-market.

What you should so is take 10 minutes and educate yourself so you don't look like a fool. Sometimes posting on ATS is like playing cards with my sisters kids.

If you want to push a agenda please learn about the topic at hand.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

What you should so is take 10 minutes and educate yourself so you don't look like a fool. Sometimes posting on ATS is like playing cards with my sisters kids.

If you want to push a agenda please learn about the topic at hand.

To anyone NOT in the US there is nearly no difference in the madness of being able to buy an ar-something or a semi-automatic-somethingsomething in a SUPERMARKET.

Both are weapons.
Both should not be sold over the counter like a dozen of eggs or a gallon of milk or some other peaceful household items.

As long as you US-americans don't get that, you won't get the point of the rest of the world about the absurdity of those sales.
edit on 27-6-2013 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Reply to post by ManFromEurope

Why does it matter that the store also sells eggs?

The same NICS check check and paperwork apply regardless of what else the store sells.

Seems like an arbitrary "moral outrage" thing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

So yeah.....It was a general point and i wasn't expecting it to be taken apart.

What did you expect? No offense, but if you're going to enter into a discussion on a highly contested topic, you'd better have your facts straight. Are people piling on? Yes, but there's a reason why. Gun owners have had to deal with their opponents pushing forth a mountain of misconceptions, misrepresentations and flat out lies over the decades. You're not going to get a free pass to push inaccurate information here.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by ManFromEurope

Why does it matter that the store also sells eggs?

The same NICS check check and paperwork apply regardless of what else the store sells.

Seems like an arbitrary "moral outrage" thing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

For a moment, imagine that you are in another country. One, where buying a gun involves SERIOUS background-checks and is about impossible beyond sports guns used in shooting yards.
Now, look back at a country where you enter some shop and could walk down an aisle with your shopping cart, murmuring "eggs, milk, ... oh yeah, a AR-15. Better make that two, the cousins are coming over this weekend, I have to restock on my guns!".

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Back to the topic at hand...

I don't know that Walmart ever officially pulled AR-15s from their store shelves, but I can say that my small town Walmart hasn't had a semi-automatic rifle of any kind in the rack for 6 months, so I'm not sure who to believe. That said, it may be that they sold out and never received any more. Some of the Walmarts in neighboring towns are back up to near full stock of their semi-autos, including AR-15s.

I'm pretty sure Academy Sports pulled AR-15s off the shelves in December as well. There weren't any in my local store for a while. Now? They probably have 30 of them on the rack at any given time. They still don't list them on their website, except for the .22LR versions.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

So just ignorance and culture shock then?

OMG the beer is warm here!

Can you believe these freaks eat insects!

What's with all the weirdos in black head coverings here?

Imagine I'm "from away" and cant tolerate other people? Okay. I guess then I would be upset that people I dont know in a land I'm not from are doing something I find strange.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Yet another victim of mass media indoctinization. Ar-15s aren't any more of a superweapon than world war one lugers are. You pull the trigger, it goes BANG. That's all it does. That's all it can do. Everything else is pretty much just buzz words and hype repeated to you by someone who had it repeated to them. By the way, being war surplus, world war one lugers are way, WAY more likely to have actually taken a life than the average AR-15. That by itself is enough to make the gun grabbers go running to cry on their therapist's couch.

Sorry if this sounds snide, but Jeez Louise, there's so much outlandishly ignorant information being floated around by gun haters these days (like guns supposedly make a happy, mentally healthy person to commit suicide for no reason) that it's getting annoying.
edit on 27-6-2013 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

For a moment, imagine that you are in another country. One, where buying a gun involves SERIOUS background-checks and is about impossible beyond sports guns used in shooting yards.

I was. It was at a place called "Mexico". They have such a huge problem with crime and corruption that it's literally the only place I've been to where the hotels specifically warn you not to hail a taxi from the street because there's so many fake taxi cabs set up to rob people. Security guards at the museums have to carry machine guns out in the open and crime in Ciudad Juarez was so rampant that the army had to be sent in.

So you were saying?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

first of all you don't just go drop your cash and walkout you got to fill out a pile of paperwork for atf first. and second the rest of world you talking about i don't understand. its way easier to get military ordnance in majority of this planet than it is to get a hand gun in us . you nrveer once hear some ignorant fool here bemoaning how sad it is that in african countries or latin american countries you can buy a full auto mnilitary grade ak variant for as little as 50 dollars us. . why is that . why so many british people up hear talking down to us members because we have right to bear arms when recent polls in uk say that 60 to 70 percent want the right to bear hand guns in uk . this site is supposed to be about denying the ignorance . don't get me wrong i love the english one of mt friends is an english expat and naturalized citizen of us and he loves his new right to bear arms.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Rocker2013

It just looks from the outside, like trying to take smack off an addict.

Actually your analogy is more akin to taking aspirin from an addict when you don't grasp the finer details of a firearm such as distinguishing between a semi auto rifle that only fires one round for every pull of te trigger vs. an actual automatic weapon. Though I've found that the chances of explaining the difference and getting someone who doesn't really care about the difference to understand it is roughly the same as trying to explain evolution to a southern baptist. All the facts in the world aren't going to sway your ironclad position. I come to this site to learn and well, deny ignorance. It appears others on this forum would rather perpetuate ignorance because it makes them feel better about mocking cultures you don't understand. Are you sure you aren't an American?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

It is going to be 120F here today. I will probably just set up some targets, secure the cats in a bedroom, and shoot down the hallway. I am glad that some Wal Marts are finally carrying the semi-auto mil style guns again. Hopefully folks will be able to find the ammo there as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join