It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts of America past

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I was reading a newspaper yesturday and noticed an ad featuring a picture of Mount Rushmore.While I looked at the little picture of those four famous faces of our country's past I started thinking what would they have to say if alive about our present times.Would they shrug their shoulders and be indifferent as most Americans are?Or would they be outraged after everything they and every other American went thru during those trying times over two hundred years ago?Would we see George Washington stomping up the White House steps to give Dubya a piece of his mind?What of those that fought and died(and there were many)to be a divided country together?Would they weep to see how divided we are again?Or would they tell us that this country isn't about whether you are a republican or a democrat,it's about whether you are an American,a true American who believes in life,liberty, and justice for all.I for one don't believe we can be what our brothers of the past hoped to create with the signing of the Constitution as long as we stand on two different sides of the fence.Will we learn from our past mistakes or will we need bloodshed again?Looking at all the events going on in this country right now I'm not so sure.I didn't know where to place this..it's kewl if it's moved

[edit on 8-11-2004 by Simon_Boudreaux]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I dont think that they would be very happy and I bet George Washington would go up to Dubya and give him a good, hard slap.

new topics

join