It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ken Ham’s Creation “Museum” in Financial Trouble

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Agreed. Faith is not science, and there is no science to back evolution or the big bang. If it is taught in school, it should be taught strictly as faith, since that's what it is. I take big issue with all these frauds out there that claim there is science behind that belief. There is not.

To claim there isn't evidence for evolution and the BB is the height of dishonesty, and is the very reason why nobody takes creationists seriously. It'd be funny if it wasn't for the fact that they're able to procreate.

For my money people who believe in evolution are so desperate to deny anything but atheism they will accept any old fairy tale.

Your superstitions are 100% irrelevant to science and the evidence gathered. But the fact that it threatens you so much speaks volumes as to the true strength of your convictions.

And fairy tales are the ones with talking snakes, unicorns and magic Jews.

Well I have only ever asked for evidence, scientific evidence and have never been given anything.
Now remember science is repeatable observable and testable, please prove away

Talk is very cheap around here

??????? But evidence has been presented to you. Lots of it, on various threads. You're just using two standard tropes from the Fundamentalist playbook. 1) Dismiss all evidence as being unproven and somehow unscientific, whilst claiming that a book of Bronze/Iron Age folk stories is 100% true. 2) Pretend that your questions about evolution earlier here or on other threads were never answered.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I don't know why you guys even respond to him.
Like you said many have shown him the evidence but he is too brain washed to even try to understand or even entertain evolution.
Ignorance personified.

Oh and back to the op....lol only a matter of time.
More people get educated and we will see less and less of the lying id crowd (proved in court that they lie).
edit on 1-2-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Good point - he'll never learn. But I'm damned if I'm going to let him get away with those claims that he's never had any evidence presented to him.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Well I have only ever asked for evidence, scientific evidence and have never been given anything.

Flat out lie. Evidence is being presented to you in this thread, and you have yet to even acknowledge it. Instead, you just keep ignoring it and then claiming that it's not evidence.

Here you go... evolution is all three of those things. But I'm sure you'll just ignore it again, and then continue to claim that no evidence has been provided.

Cheaper from some than others, apparently.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Agreed. Faith is not science, and there is no science to back evolution or the big bang. If it is taught in school, it should be taught strictly as faith, since that's what it is. I take big issue with all these frauds out there that claim there is science behind that belief. There is not.

To claim there isn't evidence for evolution and the BB is the height of dishonesty, and is the very reason why nobody takes creationists seriously. It'd be funny if it wasn't for the fact that they're able to procreate.

For my money people who believe in evolution are so desperate to deny anything but atheism they will accept any old fairy tale.

Your superstitions are 100% irrelevant to science and the evidence gathered. But the fact that it threatens you so much speaks volumes as to the true strength of your convictions.

And fairy tales are the ones with talking snakes, unicorns and magic Jews.

And just for the sake of consistency, I'll post the evidence here again. As my signature says, you can't handle the truth.

You want proof? Here it is. This is called "hard evidence" - evidence that can be replicated by any scientist. Genomic sequences don't lie.

Abstract
The hypothesis that the relatively large and complex vertebrate genome was created by two ancient, whole genome duplications has been hotly debated, but remains unresolved. We reconstructed the evolutionary relationships of all gene families from the complete gene sets of a tunicate, fish, mouse, and human, and then determined when each gene duplicated relative to the evolutionary tree of the organisms. We confirmed the results of earlier studies that there remains little signal of these events in numbers of duplicated genes, gene tree topology, or the number of genes per multigene family. However, when we plotted the genomic map positions of only the subset of paralogous genes that were duplicated prior to the fish–tetrapod split, their global physical organization provides unmistakable evidence of two distinct genome duplication events early in vertebrate evolution indicated by clear patterns of four-way paralogous regions covering a large part of the human genome. Our results highlight the potential for these large-scale genomic events to have driven the evolutionary success of the vertebrate lineage.

journals.plos.org.../journal.pbio.0030314

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
P.S. That's only one link - I hope you can handle it - you seem to have a problem with multi-tasking.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Guys, he didn't ask for links. He wants you to go to his house and hang out for a million years to witness a species change enough to be to be considered another genus or family. Until you can do this, you can't prove evolution in his mind, regardless how many scientific experiments confirm it.

It's kinda funny how many times this thread has gone in the same circles. His argument is pure semantics, nothing more.
edit on 2-2-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios might have a stronger basis in reality than the Ark exhibit at the creation museum.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join