A Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Is it my imagination or is the admin lying about how many points are true? I didn't see any that weren't true.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

EasyPleaseMe
Isn't everyone in the US either a staunch conservative or a bleeding heart liberal?

There seems to be a dwindling few who choose not to identify with any political dogma. We are few -- but then, it might be hard to tell the tendency for most is to avoid political discussions.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

tmeister182
Is it my imagination or is the admin lying about how many points are true? I didn't see any that weren't true.

Other than the TSA issue, which one statement do you think is absolutely true? Pick one, and we'll examine.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

Originally posted by BDBinc
We have more educated people in the world now than ever before so under education is not the problem.

Education is worthless when the education a person receives is wrong. He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors. Sure we have a lot of educated people today however very few of them as I said in my prior post have a clue as to how or government is meant to work. Very few of these "educated" people can even tell you what is included in the Bill of Rights, how many articles are in our Constitution, the role of the individual branches, etc. Therefore they are incapable of making a fact based decision when it comes to voting and government.

...How can "educated" people that don't even know what form of government they live under make any kind of rational and logical decision when it comes to voting for a representative? They cannot and therefore the people are totally to blame for the state of our nation through their uneducated voting.

We agree on the uselessness of a educational system of indoctrination but not that the problems in the American political system lie in "uneducated" voting.

What difference does rationality and logic make when the system is corrupt and only corporate puppets can even afford to represent/run for president (and the corporate friends get the top jobs)?Since voting has been rigged it has been(he who counts the vote counts).

We are all to "blame" and so we should all to start with recognizing and understand the problems correctly.
Blaming undereducated indoctrinated voters(or intellectually challenged people for the state of the American political system) is a misdiagnoses of the problem.

To divide the american people over and over again whenever they come together in large groups against the govt, to break the group and turn it against itself ...is the work of idiots?
Its the same players from the time of the founding fathers, the history taught is just an indoctrinated version of history.

edit on 28-6-2013 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Dear SkepticOverlord,

I'm sorry I've been away for awhile, you deserved this earlier. I SALUTE YOU!

I'm really impressed by the action you've taken with this thread and your passion for truth, but flexibility in dealing with people.

If it wouldn't be too much of a pay cut, have you considered the Secretary of State job?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

tmeister182

Other than the TSA issue, which one statement do you think is absolutely true? Pick one, and we'll examine.

Well, for instance this one,

If the government wants to prevent stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines that hold more than ten rounds, but gives twenty F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

This one is undeniably true, they did give the F16´s to the new leadership. It doesn´t matter if they had a commitment with the former president, it is still true. and it seems a lot of people thought that was not very smart.

But really, what is your problem? It is just a guy's rant and it is also somewhat hypothetical, ....."IF............YOU MIGHT.............

It is not like it was presented as evidence of something, it is just a piece of text, open for interpretation by the reader, I still don't get why it had to be put in hoax.

Even if the points are not correct they basically at least mirror the real situation.

Why do you have to take this so literally and why are you so adament about repeating your point of view here?

This isn't natural man.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

GreatestOfAllTime

If the government wants to prevent stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines that hold more than ten rounds, but gives twenty F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

This one is undeniably true, they did give the F16´s to the new leadership. It doesn´t matter if they had a commitment with the former president, it is still true.

I don't agree.

The clear and obvious implication is that we gave sophisticated military aircraft to crazies. The US government committed the F-16s under a different political landscape... the time of "the giving."

I still don't get why it had to be put in hoax.

The represented authorship was false.
A significant majority of the points were false.
The entire piece is little more than partisan bait.

Even if the points are not correct they basically at least mirror the real situation.

How can lies -- or exaggerated assumptions -- reflect anything real?

Why do you have to take this so literally

Because I'm a passionate and firm believer that the rancor engendered by the collusion of the "powers that be" with the "partisan media" that resulted in political conversations filed with lies presented by entertainers posing as pundits, is a primary contributing factor the dire straights this country is now in.

This isn't natural man.

Oh... right. I forgot. For the politically motivated "my side is right" man-at-arms, the truth is an unnatural state.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I don't agree. The clear and obvious implication is that we gave sophisticated military aircraft to crazies. The US government committed the F-16s under a different political landscape... the time of "the giving."

You don´t agree with a factual statement? Jets were given to the new regime, you can't even deny that. The fact that they had a commitment doesn't change the factual statement, and the point he made is completely valid, there was also quite some controverse about it so it'not like it is just this guy's talking point.

But hey knock yourself out.

I've seen enough.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Wow, It's not every day you see the SkepticOverlord all over a thread. And to all of you who are debating with him, wow, wasn't there a thread on here somewhere that ATS is ran by the government,? Why pay people to be in a think tank, when you can have some of the most brilliant minds do it for free. Ingenius if you ask me.

That being said, I look forward to seeing the debate unfold. It's no secret that our liberties and freedoms are being slowly taken away, This OP is just a comical sarcasim of the truth.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

thepolish1
wasn't there a thread on here somewhere that ATS is ran by the government,

That is a lie.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

GreatestOfAllTime
Jets were given to the new regime, you can't even deny that.

The new regime inherited a commitment.

The fact that they had a commitment doesn't change the factual statement,

Sure. The new regime received F-16s. But the statement makes the vary clear accusation that we gave the jets to crazies. We did not at the time the commitment was tendered. A common rationale to continue the aid package to ensure consistent commitment to the Camp David accords was that the Egyptian military are our friends, Morsi is not.

and the point he made is completely valid, there was also quite some controverse about it so it'not like it is just this guy's talking point.

The controversy was mostly grandstanding. The statement is deceptive.

FTR:
Personally -- I don't think the F-16s should have been part of the aid package in 2010 in the first place. And, I was marginally in favor of modifying the military aid part of it after Morsi's election.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I see, the debate is now about wether they are crazy or not.

Like I said, knock yourself out I´m done.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

thepolish1
wasn't there a thread on here somewhere that ATS is ran by the government,

That is a lie.

OOOOkkkkk, I stand corrected, however, I have come to learn that most of the information on this site should be taken with a grain of salt. Purely spectulation, or lies as you put it. I find coming here and reading threads excercises my imagination. After all, imho, anything is possible.

I don't mean to offend, the comment in the first post was actually a compliment. If it were true that is......

And to the poster above me, Everyone is crazy to one degree or another. Some more than others. I always tell people, I know I'm crazy, but I take my perfections and hold on to them for dear life, cuz, sometimes, that's all I got.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

GreatestOfAllTime
I see, the debate is now about wether they are crazy or not.

Recent events give more clarity to statements from members of the administration that were various versions of, "The Egyptian military is our friend, Morsi is not."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In these new protests, the military (recipients of the F-16s) is siding with the Egyptian people, not the government/politicians.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There certainly weren't any "genuises" involved here at any stage.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join