A Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+26 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
ADMIN NOTE: The authorship of this piece has never been confirmed to be from anyone, and originated as an email meme in February of 2013. In addition, upon inspection, only one of the points are actually true.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Honestly, I don't think I can add anything to this, I agree with Mr Foxworthy in every way. He may portray himself as a ignorant redneck in his comedy routine, but he's obviously anything but.

www.facebook.com...

A Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots

Attributed to Jeff Foxworthy:

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for entering and remaining in the country illegally — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or to take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you MUST show your identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book and rent a video, but not to vote for who runs the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If the government wants to prevent stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines that hold more than ten rounds, but gives twenty F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If, in the nation’s largest city, you can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not one 24-ounce soda, because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If an 80-year-old woman or a three-year-old girl who is confined to a wheelchair can be strip-searched by the TSA at the airport, but a woman in a burka or a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If a seven-year-old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is “cute,” but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government regulation and intrusion, while not working is rewarded with Food Stamps, WIC checks, Medicaid benefits, subsidized housing, and free cell phones — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If the government’s plan for getting people back to work is to provide incentives for not working, by granting 99 weeks of unemployment checks, without any requirement to prove that gainful employment was diligently sought, but couldn’t be found — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big-screen TV, while your neighbor buys iPhones, time shares, a wall-sized do-it-all plasma screen TV and new cars, and the government forgives his debt when he defaults on his mortgage — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If being stripped of your Constitutional right to defend yourself makes you more “safe” according to the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

What a country!

How about we give God a reason to continue blessing America!

edit on 26-6-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: updates

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I really can't add anything more to your thread than what your title says. The thread title sums in 9 words all the reasons that we have so many problems and I don't think I've read more truth in a long time.

Great post.
edit on 26-6-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

You can delete the entire post and just leave the title....

This is the most honest portrayal of words I have read on ATS in a long time!!

GOVERNMENT AGENCIES.......Just read the title and let it sink in!!

You all suck.......should all be fired.......

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

The thing is that We The People are their bosses and therefore we can lawfully fire them all. It is not only our right but our duty to do so when the government has become destructive to the people.

.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness

The problem is that people are more worried about having their internet and new I Phones, watching the Kardashians and Dancing With The Stars than they are about the future of our nation. Until people become vigilant of the tyranny in government and make securing their liberties more important than their evening entertainment we will continue to decline.

Nothing would make me happier than to have 5 million people or even 20 million people show up in DC and demand the immediate resignation of about 90% of the politicians there. That scenario would be much better than what is sure to happen if we don't.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

I can't even get 10 friends together to play basketball and that is something FUN for all of us!!!

Good luck getting 20 million to go tell the government to eff off....

I agree with you but there is nothing that can be done without very good planning and some sort of monetary gain for people who do show up......People suck, I know

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

If your Commander-in-chief announces "mission accomplished" after major combat operations, but really there's another 9 years of brutal war to go — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If you live in a country that's managed by a group of greedy puppet politicians who are under the direction of a bunch of spoiled trust fund babies, don't expect your country to survive much longer.

source : costofwar.com...
source : www.brillig.com...

F.T.G.
edit on 26-6-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hilarious.

If you can impeach a president for getting a BJ but not for committing espionage against the entire country...you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

He doesn't reward stupidity.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Thanks for all your comments. I don't see how anyone can look at just these few examples and say our nation is getting better. We are not. From political correctness being valued over common sense to being rewarded for being lazy, we are on a down hill slide and it's going to get worse before it gets better. If it ever does.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm sitting in the Dr's office right now and the TV show "The Talk" is on, first time I've watched TV in several weeks. It occurred to me while watching the garbage on the TV that the reason our nation is run by idiots is because we are collectively a nation of idiots. Its the law of attraction on a national political level, idiots can relate to idiots and they relate to the idiots that run for office and therefore elect idiots

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Scary, isn't it? Not to mention frustrating as Hell.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Honestly, I don't think I can add anything to this, I agree with Mr Foxworthy in every way. He may portray himself as a ignorant redneck in his comedy routine, but he's obviously anything but.

He did not write that piece.
Snopes.com
Jeff's brother, Jay, confirmed it did not originate with Foxworthy.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
I'm sitting in the Dr's office right now and the TV show "The Talk" is on, first time I've watched TV in several weeks. It occurred to me while watching the garbage on the TV that the reason our nation is run by idiots is because we are collectively a nation of idiots. Its the law of attraction on a national political level, idiots can relate to idiots and they relate to the idiots that run for office and therefore elect idiots

You are absolutely correct sir.

That is why George W. Bush was chosen to be the salesman for the biggest scam in the political history of the United States. Only an idiot in the White House could resonate perfectly with an idiot nation. When an idiot nation sees its own idiot likeness in the White House, it becomes completely impervious to reason. It sees confirmation of every idiot notion that ever got into its head, at the highest level in the land.

It is impossible to argue with a fool. He will bring you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

I want to underline though, that this situation is not unique to America. Canadians are just as dumb. It's the same everywhere.

You don't defeat an idiot with logic. You outwit him with even dumber idiocy. That's what Oliver Stone and many well meaning people don't understand.

To get an idiot to change his mind you have to show that you agree with him but on an even lower level. You have to take over the "stupid spot". You have to be so stupid and so ingratiating that the idiot is repelled by you and forced into a higher intellectual orbit.

This process takes place on a sub-rational, almost molecular level.

Jeff Foxworthy, even if he didn't write the OP's linked piece, knows all about this dynamic.

Thanks to the OP for posting.
edit on 26-6-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by DAVID64

He did not write that piece.
Snopes.com
Jeff's brother, Jay, confirmed it did not originate with Foxworthy.

Well, truth is truth.
Regardless.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Good read. I wrote a similar rant about a year ago which got nearly 70 flags. Looking back at it now, it's much more relevant to our times. I wrote it before this whole mass surveillance issue had been sparked by Snowden and before the gun controversy was raging due to the recent mass murders.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Great post, but don't think America has a monopoly being run by idiots. You've got a long way to go to catch up with Europe.

How about: rape a child, get a year in prison, commit a minor fraud, get 5 years, commit a massive fraud fixing Libor rates, get away Scott free!
edit on 26/6/2013 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
I really can't add anything more to your thread than what your title says. The thread title sums in 9 words all the reasons that we have so many problems and I don't think I've read more truth in a long time.

Great post.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Let's take a deeper look at this rather sensational email meme, not created by Jeff Foxworthy...

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for entering and remaining in the country illegally — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

False: Both rely upon being caught in the act. And those crossing the border illegally, and are caught in the act, are indeed detained/arrested.

If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or to take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

False: This is a state-level issue, and many states require parental permission --> www.plannedparenthood.org...

If you MUST show your identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book and rent a video, but not to vote for who runs the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

False: This aspect of voting was actually instituted by the geniuses that founded the country.

If the government wants to prevent stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines that hold more than ten rounds, but gives twenty F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

False: The order for the F-16s was initiated before the change in leadership in Egypt.

If, in the nation’s largest city, you can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not one 24-ounce soda, because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

False: the sugary drink restrictions were struck down by the court.

If an 80-year-old woman or a three-year-old girl who is confined to a wheelchair can be strip-searched by the TSA at the airport, but a woman in a burka or a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

True: The entire TSA fiasco is ridiculous security theater. You get this one.

If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

False: This is a bit too simplistic and naive. Quantitative easing is misunderstood and was never about debt reduction, but it also was overdone. Things would be much worse without it, and jury is still out as to whether or not it only just caused a postponement of bad. 50/50 on this one on the unknown success of QE, but it was never intended to reduce debt.

If a seven-year-old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is “cute,” but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

False: The principle who suspended a 9 year old boy for calling his teacher cute resigned over the episode. More here: Calli ng a teacher “cute” is apparently not harassment after all

If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government regulation and intrusion, while not working is rewarded with Food Stamps, WIC checks, Medicaid benefits, subsidized housing, and free cell phones — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

False: Not working does not warrant automatic benefits by default. And the founding fathers were believers in social programs, it's clear: "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America." Also, once one becomes successful, it's reasonable (in a "perfect" scenario) to expect to pay higher taxes to support the infrastructure that provides for success.

If the government’s plan for getting people back to work is to provide incentives for not working, by granting 99 weeks of unemployment checks, without any requirement to prove that gainful employment was diligently sought, but couldn’t be found — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

False: The increase in extended unemployment was a factor of available jobs and private sector hiring data. It was not a plan to get people back to work.

If you pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big-screen TV, while your neighbor buys iPhones, time shares, a wall-sized do-it-all plasma screen TV and new cars, and the government forgives his debt when he defaults on his mortgage — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

Flase: Debt is not forgiven unless in bankruptcy, which is now harder to obtain. If a person simply defaults on their mortgage without going bankrupt, they are still responsible for the balance.

If being stripped of your Constitutional right to defend yourself makes you more “safe” according to the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

False. Hasn't happened.

No thanks.

edit on 26-6-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: updates

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

When comedians make more sense than our elected officials, you know our country is ran by idiots.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join