It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

12-Year-Old Girl Banned From School Football Team for 'Inciting Lust'

page: 4
21
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
reply to post by SearchLightsInc
 


There are no other girls mentioned in the article. Perhaps you care to educate me?


Ha, i am wrong on that previous point, my apologies.




posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe
 

Gotta' agree.

Concussions in high school sports are very serious and very much wide spread. Concussions are never good to get, of course, but these come at a time when students are in serious study mode for their future ... high school and college.

My daughters best friend has had two concussions in two years from being on the diving team. Two years ago she was a cracker jack who wanted to go into chemical engineering and was brilliant. Now, she's falling asleep in school and can't get through a swim meet without passing out or feeling ill. And she no longer has the grades or drive to go into science but instead is talking about doing something a lot more light weight after high school.



posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee
reply to post by Doom and Gloom
 


This was their reasoning.

Her school called me in for a meeting to discuss her future. I was told by the CEO that he did not believe girls should play on boys teams. He was worried 1) the boys might have impure thoughts,


Do you dispute this?


Well, yes, I do dispute this. I'm not someone of the thinking that thoughts of a sexual nature are impure. Besides, what keeps these boys from having sexual thoughts about every single female in their sphere? Why is it that girl's responsibility to keep the boys from having sexual thoughts? Does her not being on the team keep those boys from having sexual thoughts about her?

I really just don't care about the rest of the list, mostly because I think football is horrible for children to play. My concern is with the mentality that is being taught to these boys that they are not responsible for their desires and that women should accommodate them.



posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher777
 


I agree with you, my initial post was not really meant to be a reply to you.



posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee
reply to post by Doom and Gloom
 


This was their reasoning.

Her school called me in for a meeting to discuss her future. I was told by the CEO that he did not believe girls should play on boys teams. He was worried 1) the boys might have impure thoughts,


Do you dispute this?


Well, yes, I do dispute this. I'm not someone of the thinking that thoughts of a sexual nature are impure. Besides, what keeps these boys from having sexual thoughts about every single female in their sphere? Why is it that girl's responsibility to keep the boys from having sexual thoughts? Does her not being on the team keep those boys from having sexual thoughts about her?

I really just don't care about the rest of the list, mostly because I think football is horrible for children to play. My concern is with the mentality that is being taught to these boys that they are not responsible for their desires and that women should accommodate them.


Well if you were a religious fanatic you would see sex out side of marriage as impure, as it implicitly goes against the bible. Nothing will keep the boys from having impure thoughts, nor the girls for that matter. It is not the girls responsibility, this is what you are not seeing, the school took this action to try and prevent anything bad from happening. They are trying to CYA themselves from something that may not even happen.



posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee
reply to post by Doom and Gloom
 


This was their reasoning.

Her school called me in for a meeting to discuss her future. I was told by the CEO that he did not believe girls should play on boys teams. He was worried 1) the boys might have impure thoughts,


Do you dispute this?


Well, yes, I do dispute this. I'm not someone of the thinking that thoughts of a sexual nature are impure. Besides, what keeps these boys from having sexual thoughts about every single female in their sphere? Why is it that girl's responsibility to keep the boys from having sexual thoughts? Does her not being on the team keep those boys from having sexual thoughts about her?

I really just don't care about the rest of the list, mostly because I think football is horrible for children to play. My concern is with the mentality that is being taught to these boys that they are not responsible for their desires and that women should accommodate them.


Well if you were a religious fanatic you would see sex out side of marriage as impure, as it implicitly goes against the bible. Nothing will keep the boys from having impure thoughts, nor the girls for that matter. It is not the girls responsibility, this is what you are not seeing, the school took this action to try and prevent anything bad from happening. They are trying to CYA themselves from something that may not even happen.


What they are doing is teaching the children that the best way to keep boys under control is for girls to change their behavior. Do you agree with this assessment?



posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Begs the question: does the team have cheerleaders?

I'd think the girl in the helmet and shoulder pads would be the least "lust inciting" object around.

Bound to be some MILF's up in the stands too. Who has more sex appeal, the kid in a helmet and pads or Mrs. Robinson up there under the hot sun drinking a lemonade?


Not if she is playing Center, and you are a 12 yoear old QB, ready for the "snap". lol

God Bless,



posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Not if she is playing Center, and you are a 12 yoear old QB, ready for the "snap". lol

God Bless,


Well, I guess it's a good thing she doesn't play "Center" or "QB" then so everyone's "balls" are safe and secure. She plays "Defensive End" and let's look at what that position is about shall we.



Traditionally, defensive ends are in a three-point stance, with their free hand cocked back ready to "punch" the offensive lineman, or in a "two-point stance" like a linebacker so they can keep containment. Some defensive ends play the position due to their size; they close down their gap so the running back has no hole to run through. Other ends play the position due to their speed and agility; they are used to rush the quarterback. These ends can time the snap of the ball in order to get a jump on the rush. Most of the time it is the job of the defensive end to keep outside or contain, which means that no one should get to their outside; they must keep everything to the inside. The defensive ends are fast for players of their size, often the fastest and smallest players on the defensive line. They must be able to shed blockers to get to the ball. Defensive ends are also often used to cover the outside area of the line of scrimmage, to tackle ball carriers running to the far right or left side, and to defend against screen passes. Since the creation of zone blitz defenses in the late 1990s, defensive ends have sometimes been used in pass coverages, dropping back to cover routes run close to the line of scrimmage. In the 3-4 defense, defensive ends are used primarily as run stoppers and are much larger. Often, the position is played by a more agile or slightly undersized defensive tackle. Because of the increased popularity of the 3-4 defense, the value of a defensive tackle prospect that can possibly be used in this manner has increased.


So, apparently there are a couple of ways of playing this position, one of which does NOT use the biggest player on the field, but instead uses one which is fast and agile.
edit on 26-6-2013 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
Jeebus.

They could have just said that they restrict contact sports to boys and girls teams.

They could have just said they didn't want to have to worry about physical injury/liability in having a preteen/teen girl playing full contact football on a boys team.

But noooooooooooooo, they had to go full retard with the "lust" comment.


Yep, and as everyone knows, "You NEVER go Full Retard!!"

But then again, such good old traditional thinking is what you usually get from those who choose to let a 2000 year old book do their thinking for them rather than doing it on their own.



posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm
 


My post was a failed attempt to bring humor to a thread void of it for the most part.

On Topic,

As a DE she is being blocked by an OL men (or woman). Standard OL technique for blocking a pass rushing DE is to grab underneath the shoulderpads "between the numbers" and lift up, shifting the center of gravity of the opponet higher than their own and controling the balance of the two bodies engaged.

I can't think of a more painful position to play as a developing young woman then DE, there are two important pieces of her anatomy growing painfully underneath the shoulder pads "between the numbers" around age 12.

Good topic OP.

God Bless,
edit on 26-6-2013 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   


"In the meeting with the CEO of the school, I was told that the reasons behind it were... that the boys were going to start lusting after her, and have impure thoughts about her," she said. "And that locker room talk was not appropriate for a female to hear, even though she had a separate locker room from the boys."
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


Apparently the CEO forgot what is like to be a sixth grader. Boys and girls that age have a keen interest in Sex,that is no excuse to prevent her from playing football. Hell.... i was a horn dog that age and i went to a Christian Private School. Sounds like someone has had their feelings hurt by the fact she can keep up with the boys.



posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Now let's address weather or not she is even capable of playing this sport with and against boys. The argument against it seems to hinge on her biological weaknesses or shortcomings compared with those of the opposite gender. This includes not only her lesser "natural ability" to compete but also her increased risk of injury.

While it very well may be true that compared to the most athletic male on the team she is at a natural disadvantage, that really doesn't matter, since she doesn't have to be the best one on the team. She only needs to not be the worst one on the team actually. While she may not have the same "natural biological advantage" that a male would have, that in no way makes her less of an athlete than every other member of the team. No other boy on the same team is removed because they aren't as good as the number one player and they wouldn't be expected to be. So why is everyone comparing her in that way?? Obviously she isn't the best player, but she isn't the worst either. She is able to hold her own at the position she plays and that is all that should be expected of her since that is all that is expected from every other player at their positions.

Once again let me bring up what seems to be a novel way of thinking for some of you. Why not instead of trying to control what others can and cannot do based upon how you "think" the world works, let them "compete" and show what they are capable of doing!! For example, have you heard of a guy named Nick Newell?? He is an MMA fighter with One Arm. Actually more like One and a half arms I guess. You think people said to him "Dude, you only have one arm, you can't fight guys with two arms, you're gonna lose!" Ya, I'm guessing he's heard that a lot over the years. But you know what, instead of letting other people decide for him what he's capable of doing, he went a. and became a fighter anyway and so far is undefeated with a 9-0 record. My point is, she isn't asking for any special treatment or anyone to play nice cause she's a girl. She just wants to play, so let her and stop being a bunch egocentric a-holes going around telling other people what they are and aren't capable of doing!!
edit on 26-6-2013 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


let me just say... women and football just don't mix.

and secondly this is a private school...

end of discussion !!!



posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Our high school football team had a female quarterback for two years. Something that was highly unheard of back in the day.

She was one of the best damn quarterbacks our team ever saw. The guys respected her as a fellow teammate, treated her as a fellow teammate, and supported her as a fellow teammate.

Off the field, she was very much female through and through. The girl just had a natural knack for precision long throws like no one ever saw.

Many opposing teams went out of their way to try to sack her, but her small stature gave her the advantage of crazy rabbit-like moves at fast speeds that most of the bulky guys just simply couldn't match.

But she decided by grade 12 that she wanted to put all of her focus on studies and preparing for university instead of playing football. Needless to say, her teammates were disappointed that they were losing their star quarterback that final year.

Her name, picture, awards, trophies, and game wins are still in the glass display case of that old school to this day.

She broke through the taboos like none other and will always be remembered for it.




posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by Urantia1111
 


It's a private school. You can disagree with the school's decision all you want, but they have the final say in the matter. Don't like it, don't send your children there. Its not like your children would be forced to acquiesce to this decision because you happened to live in the school's district, like a public school.


In the UK private schools are known for their homosexuality. In the words of Steven Fry, "Nobody goes through Eton without having every possible kitchen implement shoved up their bum." (Or something like that.)

So basically, the boys are in more danger from each other than from the girl.

Plus, it's a Christian school. The boys are probably already being buggered by their teachers.



posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

Originally posted by NavyDoc
Jeebus.

They could have just said that they restrict contact sports to boys and girls teams.

They could have just said they didn't want to have to worry about physical injury/liability in having a preteen/teen girl playing full contact football on a boys team.

But noooooooooooooo, they had to go full retard with the "lust" comment.


Yep, and as everyone knows, "You NEVER go Full Retard!!"

But then again, such good old traditional thinking is what you usually get from those who choose to let a 2000 year old book do their thinking for them rather than doing it on their own.


I don't think that the Bible says anything about football, unless there is a Book of Ditka I missed.


Which leads to the question: Jesus vs The Bears, who wins?



posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Our high school football team had a female quarterback for two years. Something that was highly unheard of back in the day.

She was one of the best damn quarterbacks our team ever saw. The guys respected her as a fellow teammate, treated her as a fellow teammate, and supported her as a fellow teammate.

Off the field, she was very much female through and through. The girl just had a natural knack for precision long throws like no one ever saw.

Many opposing teams went out of their way to try to sack her, but her small stature gave her the advantage of crazy rabbit-like moves at fast speeds that most of the bulky guys just simply couldn't match.

But she decided by grade 12 that she wanted to put all of her focus on studies and preparing for university instead of playing football. Needless to say, her teammates were disappointed that they were losing their star quarterback that final year.

Her name, picture, awards, trophies, and game wins are still in the glass display case of that old school to this day.

She broke through the taboos like none other and will always be remembered for it.



There is some evidence that females are better at three dimensional spacial relationships than males.



posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
This sounds like its coming out of Saudi Arabia ffs. "Impure thoughts"??? Um, yeah that's kinda normal for boys at this age. So the best solution is to have the girl covered . to toe in a tarp, er, I mean prohibit her from playing football. What century are we in again? Religious zealotry strikes again.


Yes, that is what I thought and its time for people to make a huge stink. They should begin by analzying the very inappropriate school texts that have been flooding the schools in english and history requiring students learn about the middle east and also about religons, in grade 8, knowing stuff about the koran, mohammud, who isn't even necessary a literal being, its a fairy tale, and the its ridiculous. Wrote a thread on it!



posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Canada lol... that's not even football they play up there, is some mutant form of it



posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I had a couple beautiful girls on my hockey team for a year and there was no problem.

"Inciting lust" is BS.

While I agree SOME sports etc should be separate gender purely based on equality issues within the games,
I don't believe that some women should be excluded depending on the context.



new topics

top topics



 
21
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join