It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-Year-Old Girl Banned From School Football Team for 'Inciting Lust'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This young lady goes to a private Christian school, what did her family expect? This isn't public schools, it is privately funded. If you don't like their rules, move on to another school. There are other options out there for her. Why waist her time on idiots.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher777
This young lady goes to a private Christian school, what did her family expect? This isn't public schools, it is privately funded. If you don't like their rules, move on to another school. There are other options out there for her. Why waist her time on idiots.

I'm more concerned with what that school is teaching the children about women's role in society.

They are literally steaching. "You are not responsible for your lustful thoughts. They are the responsibility of those you are having the thoughts about."

This builds a culture of women are sex objects.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

My point exactly, as a parent why would you subject your children to this, why would you pay for this? Shame on these parents for not leaving this school.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher777

Their reasoning is bogus.

It is a private school, their rules or the highway.

PC brigade is in full force on this thread, with that in mind you better call the Olympic committee and demand that men and women compete against one another and not have segregated teams.

Parents are in need of a little education, I would never put my daughter into a situation like this. More than likely they are trying to cash in on this little debacle for their own financial gain.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

My point exactly, as a parent why would you subject your children to this, why would you pay for this? Shame on these parents for not leaving this school.

Many of the parents want this to happen, because they feel it is correct. One need look no further than this website to see many like minded individuals whom blame women for the lust men feel for them, and blame them for their own rapes.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
reply to post by Watcher777

Their reasoning is bogus.

It is a private school, their rules or the highway.

PC brigade is in full force on this thread, with that in mind you better call the Olympic committee and demand that men and women compete against one another and not have segregated teams.

Parents are in need of a little education, I would never put my daughter into a situation like this. More than likely they are trying to cash in on this little debacle for their own financial gain.

You are putting your daughter into a situation like this by being completely cool with the way that this school is teaching children that it is okay to treat women like this. Because if you think Im upset with this because of SPORTS you are incredibly short sighted.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by sulaw

That is actually incredibly sexist. You propose that ALL women are at a disadvantage when playing 'men's sports'.

The fact that it's called 'men's sports' is sexist in itself. Your argument from personal experience doesn't really hold any weight to be honest.

And tell me, what is a "girl's sport"?

~Tenth

well biologically males have at least 6 percent more muscle mass than females overall and male upper body strength is at least 50 percent greater than a females, not to mention males are taller and heavier on average than females. certainly in such sports as track and field or football/soccer females can equal or outmatch males but in american football, wrestling or basketball females stand no chance in a serious match against males on account of biology.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

If placing this child's well being above anything else is me being short sighted, well then I shall be short sighted. Thank you for the personal attack on my character and mental capacity for having a different opinion than yourself and valuing the safety of a child beyond Political correctness....

Because of the nature of the school they are using "Lust" as their excuse. Any person with a minimal amount of reasoning power could deduce the true reasoning for this decision. They do not want the liability for her injuries.

What is the purpose of pushing this 12 year old girl to play football any way? Will this further her educational opportunities because you feel that she will gain a scholarship because of her athletic ability? Do you think that she will be drafted into the NFL?

Possibly the school doesn't want to deal with a possible rape scenario. Maybe the school doesn't want to deal with the public backlash of a 12 year old girl becoming a quadriplegic because they refused to apply common sense to this situation.
Who cares about any of that though right? She is being downtrodden because she is a woman...that is bull# and you know it.

edit on 26-6-2013 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

I'm more concerned with what that school is teaching the children about women's role in society.

They are literally steaching. "You are not responsible for your lustful thoughts. They are the responsibility of those you are having the thoughts about."

This builds a culture of women are sex objects.

I find this insulting for boys to by insinuating that they dont know how to control themselves around the opposite sex.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well, the other boys probably can't see much under all that padding, but if she was the QB the Center might get to feeling frisky with her hands being under his testicles.

And yes I did have to go there. Those boys were probably having impure thoughts long before she joined the team. I've heard kids talking about sex as young as 7 years old. I'm 34 and I know kids who know more about a va-jay-jay than I do because times are going backwards. There are such a thing as girls leagues ya know,
edit on 26-6-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

If placing this child's well being above anything else is me being short sighted, well then I shall be short sighted. Thank you for the personal attack on my character and mental capacity for having a different opinion than yourself and valuing the safety of a child beyond Political correctness....

Because of the nature of the school they are using "Lust" as their excuse. Any person with a minimal amount of reasoning power could deduce the true reasoning for this decision. They do not want the liability for her injuries.

What is the purpose of pushing this 12 year old girl to play football any way? Will this further her educational opportunities because you feel that she will gain a scholarship because of her athletic ability? Do you think that she will be drafted into the NFL?

Possibly the school doesn't want to deal with a possible rape scenario. Maybe the school doesn't want to deal with the public backlash of a 12 year old girl becoming a quadriplegic because they refused to apply common sense to this situation.
Who cares about any of that though right? She is being downtrodden because she is a woman...that is bull# and you know it.

Shes the only girl being removed - other girls are being allowed to stay on the team, now what do you say?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Jeebus.

They could have just said that they restrict contact sports to boys and girls teams.

They could have just said they didn't want to have to worry about physical injury/liability in having a preteen/teen girl playing full contact football on a boys team.

But noooooooooooooo, they had to go full retard with the "lust" comment.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

This was their reasoning.

Her school called me in for a meeting to discuss her future. I was told by the CEO that he did not believe girls should play on boys teams. He was worried 1) the boys might have impure thoughts, 2) the locker room talk might be a bit much for her to handle, 3) boys and girls should not compete in any sport, 4) there are other sports she can play, 5) they are a private school and can make any decision they want, and 6) he prayed about it and this was the right thing to do. He also quoted the Bible by saying that men and women are created equal but different and therefore should not be allowed to play the same sports.

If you wish to take my statement about your assessment of my indignation as short sighted as a personal attack, more power to you, my friend.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

There are no other girls mentioned in the article. Perhaps you care to educate me?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Her school called me in for a meeting to discuss her future. I was told by the CEO that he did not believe girls should play on boys teams. He was worried 1) the boys might have impure thoughts, 2) the locker room talk might be a bit much for her to handle, 3) boys and girls should not compete in any sport, 4) there are other sports she can play, 5) they are a private school and can make any decision they want, and 6) he prayed about it and this was the right thing to do. He also quoted the Bible by saying that men and women are created equal but different and therefore should not be allowed to play the same sports.

If you wish to take my statement about your assessment of my indignation as short sighted as a personal attack, more power to you, my friend.

OTOH, the school does have a policy that middle school sports teams are segregated by gender (not that unusual) and that the "lust" comment is an unsubstantiated claim made by the parent--kind of a "he said, she said" sort of scenario. It is possible that it did indeed go down that way and I'm not surprised given some conversations I've had with fundamentalist protestant types. However, I also do raise the possibility that it did not go down that way and that the parent is just trying to win the lawsuit lottery.

I dunno. I'd need a tad bit more proof one way or the other before I start calling for pitchforks and torches.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Her school called me in for a meeting to discuss her future. I was told by the CEO that he did not believe girls should play on boys teams. He was worried 1) the boys might have impure thoughts,

Do you dispute this?

2) the locker room talk might be a bit much for her to handle,

I don't agree, girls are just as bad as the boys are.

3) boys and girls should not compete in any sport,

As noted in other posts in this thread there are biological differences.

4) there are other sports she can play,

Fact.

5) they are a private school and can make any decision they want,

This trumps all. With him being the CEO if the board doesn't agree with this decision, they could fire him and over turn the decision to let her play. Of course the school needs to make sure they have an air tight waiver to make sure the school is in no way implicated in this child's injuries.

6) he prayed about it and this was the right thing to do. He also quoted the Bible by saying that men and women are created equal but different and therefore should not be allowed to play the same sports.

While I do not agree with the prayer and bible aspect of this, I am in no position to pass judgment or infringe on the religious beliefs of others.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

OTOH, the school does have a policy that middle school sports teams are segregated by gender (not that unusual) and that the "lust" comment is an unsubstantiated claim made by the parent--kind of a "he said, she said" sort of scenario. It is possible that it did indeed go down that way and I'm not surprised given some conversations I've had with fundamentalist protestant types. However, I also do raise the possibility that it did not go down that way and that the parent is just trying to win the lawsuit lottery.

I dunno. I'd need a tad bit more proof one way or the other before I start calling for pitchforks and torches.

The school seems to have that policy.. but they let her play the entire season. Now they aren't going to let her citing this policy in their reasoning. I don't think it is a far stretch to believe that the church listed those reasons when the mother asked why she was allowed to and then told she was ineligible.

I agree, more needs to be known, and Im sure it will come out in court, but for now, especially considering that I'm not involved with the case, Im okay with speculation given that the school has neglected to comment.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Her being singled out is plain wrong....but

12 year olds playing coed football in school....bad idea IMHO.
Raging hormones....boys being stronger...someone will get hurt.....I could go on and on.
Should not be a school actioned activity anywhere.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Three things ...

- It's a private school. They can be as stupid as they want.
- And yes ... it's pretty dang stupid IMHO
- I feel sorry for the people who are so indoctrinated as to actually PAY to go to a school that behaves in such a neanderthal manner as this and that perpetuates that behavior.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

When the school says it is our rules or the highway, they should be able to say that, they are a PRIVATE school. As a parent, you tell the school bye-bye, we are taking our child and our money elsewhere and you find a school that fits what you are looking for your child.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join