It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-Year-Old Girl Banned From School Football Team for 'Inciting Lust'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by suz62

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by suz62

How is that? Mind explaining as opposed to making non complete hyperbole?

~Tenth

You refuse to acknowledge the fact that women are physically weaker and, therefore, are a totally different class of athlete. They cannot compete at the same level as men.

Biologically there are MANY differences between men and women. Testosterone vs Estrogen don't worry I get it.

That doesn't make a women inferior to a man in any sense. I know plenty of women who would give male "all star" athletes a hell of a run for their money. it's not because they took steroids or wanted to be "men" either.

Traditional gender roles in the 21st century aren't actually real. They also should not be applied to 12 year old's.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I personally feel that 'inciting lust' is a poor excuse for expelling her from the team. Totally agree with everything the OP said. It's making her suffer for someone else's potential problem.

However, I do have no issue whatsoever with 'male teams' and 'female teams.' As children it is not that big of a deal to have unisex teams but once you venture into the teens, I would prefer for male/female teams.

Frankly, as a girl I would like to be able to enjoy myself without worrying about some 200 pound muscle dude tackling me and snapping my neck. I also laughed at the overly politically correct and somewhat hyped nature of the article when it described the situation as 'separate but equal' to make this seem as important as the fight for civil rights.

Anyways, I have no issue with teams being sorted by gender in and of itself but I do have issues with the 'lust' excuse. And the way I am reading the article, the 'lust' reasoning seemed like it was a cover for their real reasoning.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

Girls shouldn't be playing on boy's teams anyway. They don't belong in men's locker rooms either.

She doesn't use the mens locker room. She uses the Female locker room. Pay attention to the details a little closer instead of assuming you know what the facts are next time.

Rub two together. I'm referring to female sportscasters who think it's okay to be in a male locker room.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

EVERYTHING IS SEXIST IN TODAYS WORLD! Your argument holds no water either, tell that to the girl who went crying off the mat if she could hold par with a man?

Ah, yes the how old little girl? 12 or 13? Yeah, sure, let's make ALL our future decisions about women and their capabilities from one event in our lives, that's real logical.

Listen, I'm not disagreeing that women are different from men, they are. Not at 12 though, sorry but the school made the decision to remove her out of their fear of boys having sexual thoughts, not because of her safety.

They did it for the boys safety. They were more worried about their 'impure' thoughts, than her getting hurt.

I'm sexist? Okay~ Maybe more of a realistics logical man that wouldn't risk hurting a women by blatently putting my daughter where they should be.

Do you hear yourself? "risk hurting a women?".

My daughter played contact sports all throughout her high school career, on both co-ed and non co-ed teams.

The boys didn't play any less hard when it came to having girls on the field and the girls didn't cry and get upset when they lost or got hurt, much like the boys don't do that when they get hurt.

I'm not calling YOU sexist, I'm sure you having nothing against women or men in general. I'm saying that a lot of people's thinking these days is sexist, because it's been ingrained in you from a very young age, that the gender divide is larger than it is.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Well private schools, don't like a private schools policies don't send your kids to one.

My kids have gone to both private and public school. Neither of which carried out policies like this one, that punished one person because of the potential actions of others.

And frankly Pubescent aged children have been known to get trouble with their hormones, not surprising a religious private school would suggest teen age girls and boys should play on their own teams.

Yes, so instead of helping them through that weird and often hard time in their lives, let's just tell them it's all bad and that they should repress all of those natural urges as much as possible. We'll even remove any and all temptation from around you, so that you have NO idea how to deal with it when you get out into the real world.

Bubble kids for the win right?

~Tenth

Not arguing the right or wrong of it, The school being Private has a right to said policy no matter how archaic. If you want your kids brought up differently don't enroll them in a Private Religious school.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Tenth I should have said this sooner and my apologies on this so I'll elaborate.

I personally feel that 'inciting lust' is a poor excuse for expelling her from the team. Totally agree with everything the OP said. It's making her suffer for someone else's potential problem.

I totally agree on the terms on which they booted her from the team. It's a shoddy and poor excuse and that alone holds no water.

Thank you Ashley, I was more uprooted that parents actually put there 12yr old daughter into a full contact sport with boys. That to me is irresponsible for ohhhhhhh so many reasons.

I did not mean to sound sexist either Tenth, as i'm not... Well I shouldn't say that, even I have been indocterinated with the "Old School" mentallity and want my fiance' to have dinner for me on the table when I get home... But hey, I'm young and I cook for her more than she does for me so... Meh Whatever~

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Don't worry, I don't think anything nefarious of you

I take things too seriously sometimes.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by suz62

Well, nobody is talking about female sportscasters being in men's locker rooms. Plus the first part of your statement was that women shouldn't be playing men's sports. So don't try and change your words around now.

The problem here is that too many of you have made up your minds about what someone else is capable of based upon your own world view. I don't know if this girl is capable of holding her own on the field with a bunch of guys or not, but she has every right to try and fail or try and succeed. Just because others don't think she can "make the cut" doesn't mean anything. Maybe she can, maybe she can't, but that isn't based upon what others "think" it's based on what she can do. Don't let your biased world views dictate the lives of other people.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That's so funny- as in "ironic" not "ha ha ha". When my oldest daughter was about that age she was a cheerleader. The head football coach saw her passing the ball around with her male cousin and one of his friends that was on the football team before practice one day and asked her if she'd like practice with the boys. At the end of practice the coach approached me with the possibility of her joining the team and I refused- not because I was afraid she wasn't good enough or tough enough, but because she is blind in one eye and I was afraid to risk an injury that could result in total blindness.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

this is unrealistic. this is a mental femanist approach. we all know the difference between a mans body and a womans body, whether it is from ancient scrolls or present science... you don't put a woman in the national football league in america, or a heavy lifting competition anywhere... they're going to get hurt. don't sit and cry to people telling them their sexist, when they are just defining what is already true... just because they say it out loud doesn't mean they're sexist.

so the fact that they have special olympics for handicapped people around the world - does that mean people are developmentalists? maybe we should make the playing ground even and let the handicapped people play in the national football league because we are being disrespectful to them by giving them a level playing field and honoring and appreciating them like so. this is an extreme analogy, but it is a working analogy nonetheless

now im not actually one for gender roles, because i think a man can get up off his lazy ass and help clean around the house and take care of the kids, but when it comes to physical sports, lets be real

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Blurring the line between the sexes only leads to further enmity. Women are encroaching in traditionally male areas and men rightfully resent it. Military spec ops is a good example. There are places women don't belong.

How would women like it if men started showing up in women's locker rooms or started competing on women's teams in sports? Maybe men should start using the women's bathroom so we can get used to them crossing over.

But this is only related to the topic not about it.

How were you thinking when you were 12? Throw in the activity of a typical football team. Is it a good idea to throw a girl in there?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This is a factual observation I made in high school which did actually surprise me at the time, basically in PE class (physical education) there was one single time the boys and the girls both ran the 15,000 metres together albeit the girls had a slight head start.

Now what surprised me at the time was just how fast every single guy flew past them and I'm even talking the larger fella's who were thought of as completely useless at sports I think every single guy finished laps ahead of the first girl, I will say I think there was a bit of male pride involved and some guys did a lot better than usual but I believe the girls were really trying for the same reason as well.

Based on that real observation I really don't think guys and girls should be competing together either it's unmatched and I'm not trying to be sexist I just think it's dangerous, the lust thing is a whole other story though while I do believe guys are starting to get very interested in girls around about that age I still don't think it's a very good reason perhaps they should have two teams.
edit on 26-6-2013 by Teknikal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Send your kid to a religious school and this is what happens. They don't like difference, don't like original thought, don't like kids with passion and cannot abide anything threatening their stranglehold. Their intention is to force kids to comply to their warped views of the world in an effort to progress their dying religion, why would anyone expect a religious institution to do anything to suit a modern world?

This is like a microcosm of religion in itself, outdated, stubborn, dictatorial and oppressive. Long may it continue to be that way too, because then it is guaranteed to be left behind and continue to be abandoned as our societies evolve beyond such irrational thinking.

If her parents don't like it, they can take her somewhere else - maybe then she'll also get a decent education based in science rather than voodoo.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

There is a problem itself letting girls play in boy sports. I'm not saying they can't. But there is a distinct difference between girls and boys. Girls tend to get injured easier when playing with boys.

A sport is a sport and any gender can play whatever sports they like because this is 2013 and sane people dont care what genitals you were born with.

I had to wrestle a girl in high school. Her daddy was the coach of the opposing team. My coach blatently stated
"Who is wrestling the girl?" I objectively rose my hand. With a hard look and the rest of the team staring at me my coach states "YOU DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT HOW YOU WRESTLE, SHOW THIS GIRL WHY THIS IS A MANS SPORT" I did. She hit the mat hard... hard enough for her swimmers cap and headgear to go flying. The crowd was silent and the match was over in 20 seconds, quick craddle and she was done.

I was not proud of this, she cried off the mat and the next day through the grapevine I hear she quit the wrestling team.

You shouldnt have been wrestling a girl full stop. Im not gonna judge you for what you did because neither of you should have been in that situation.

I know this is not on the topic of lust but WOMEN SHOULD NOT PLAY MEN SPORTS, this is why they have different leagues for women.

If women want to play football (soccer) they can, they have women's teams. If they want to play tennis, they play women, hockey they play women etc. Anyone would think with your train of thought women want to play in the same teams/leagues as men, which is completely untrue.

In high school they called the womens football team the "Powder Puffs" fun to watch but put them in with men and they would be crushed.

So they should have just stopped playing then?

I'm all sorts of opposed to this topic. It's a religious school? So it's private? They make up the rules. They have the last say so.

Yes but they're giving a very irrational reason AND singling this girl out among her peers, she should sue them for harassment.

If the parents have a problem with it, the school will tell them to find another school or send Paige to a public school.

And hopefully, other parents will see sense and start boycotting this school for attempting to breed ignorance into students. They're teaching girls that they cant play sports because they'll "incite lust" and they demean the boys by stating they couldnt possibly control there hormones, its ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

reply to post by suz62

How is that? Mind explaining as opposed to making non complete hyperbole?

~Tenth

You refuse to acknowledge the fact that women are physically weaker and, therefore, are a totally different class of athlete. They cannot compete at the same level as men.

Dude, she's 12 years old! In another year of so the tables start to turn!

There is nothing more absurd than a woman trying to be a man.

Im going to let you in on a little secret - Women enjoy playing sports... just like men. Are you suggesting that women have to away and make up their own sport so that we dont infringe on "men's sports" ?

I forgot to mention that the kind of physical contact involved in football is inappropriate between sexes, especially at that age.

They are only 12 but yes i would suppose that this is the time to start separating kids into different teams. I played Football (soccer) with the boys till i was 12/13, never had a problem.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Blurring the line between the sexes only leads to further enmity. Women are encroaching in traditionally male areas and men rightfully resent it. Military spec ops is a good example. There are places women don't belong.

Traditional male areas eh? Did you know that when football (soccer) was really getting started in the UK, FIFA set up a smear campaign to make women's teams very unpopular? They insisted women didnt know how to play sport, were more concerned with putting on make-up rather than playing the game etc.

"science" of the time reckoned women's bodies were to fragile and not made to play sports - Despite a long long history of women's bodies successfully enduring the long strain of pregnancy and labour! Anyone would think your average man could break a woman in to if he held her hand to tightly!

How would women like it if men started showing up in women's locker rooms or started competing on women's teams in sports?

But there was never any need because men have always been ALLOWED to play sports, women have traditionally been barred from it, laughed at for even taking part. Quite silly really.

Maybe men should start using the women's bathroom so we can get used to them crossing over.

Even awkward to suggest that women want to be in men's locker rooms, are you so gullible? Do you know anything about your average female sports lover?

But this is only related to the topic not about it.

Which part is relating to the OP?

How were you thinking when you were 12? Throw in the activity of a typical football team. Is it a good idea to throw a girl in there?

I played football (Soccer) with the boys when i was 12 because guess what? They didnt have women's teams/leagues. Thank god these days women have organised their own teams and leagues, which has been made possible because they're not being scrutinized any longer for wanting to enjoy playing sports.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Common misconceptions of posters in this thread:

1) Girls/women want to play in boys/mens teams.

False

2) Girls/women want access to boys/mens locker rooms.

False

3) Full contact sports are "men's sports"

False

4) Women are not capable of engaging in full contact sports.

False (They are dangerous for both men and women)

5) This private school should be allowed to give a piss-poor reason to evict her from the team - Despite other girls still being allowed to play.

False

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It would be worth discussing if they were more mature but this is still kids, and i'm sure they would separate the team starting now, since this is where kids turn to men and women.

There is nothing wrong with women playing "mens" sports, as long as they don't play it together, which would be total obliteration and a losing landslide for one side....

Thats the reason there is women sports team and men's sports team.

Let the kids play together while they still can.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Define sexist butcher? I have my fiance' and she like to "Try" and wrestle and rough house with me. The moment she hurts herself punching or poking me she cries ouchie ouchie ouchie. I have to rough play gentler or I will hurt her. There is NOTHING SEXIST here

I'll try. The school said that boys play boy sports and girls play girl sports. What is a girl sport? That's what I meant by sexist.
Sports are sports. Women or men can play any of them. I say if a woman wants to play football with guys, let her. It's her body. Plenty of pro football players have ruined their bodies playing the game.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This school is punishing a person for being a female instead of teaching all of their children how to behave in mixed gender society.

Nicely done, school.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join