It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God vs Santa vs Easter Bunny vs Tooth Fairy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Why would your god not want everyone to say their peace? If we think differently will we be punished"?""

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Stop with the scripture! It was written by man!!! All of it. Tell me why your faith is the best!! Tell me why your god is the true one! Tell me why your bible writings are right! Please Please tell me why I should give my soul away. Kinda sounds like occultism to me. I am me. I am the owner of mine. Why give that up???

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

LOL, Mine is better than yours! Your wrong and I am wright! How many times have we heard that in the past? Just because you believe a story doesn't make it true! What if I were a person of the past and was spouting about how the Gods of old were not true??? Now look to today.
edit on 27-6-2013 by djbj597922 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2013 by djbj597922 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by djbj597922

Stop with the scripture! It was written by man!!! All of it. Tell me why your faith is the best!! Tell me why your god is the true one! Tell me why your bible writings are right! Please Please tell me why I should give my soul away. Kinda sounds like occultism to me. I am me. I am the owner of mine. Why give that up???

Name one thing that you do, not involving thought or movement. Just one is all you need. You do not make your hair grow. It's done for you. You do not make the sun shine, the Earth turn, your eyes see, your digestive system function or any of it. You think and move your body around and nothing else. All of it is produced for your thoughts and movements. You keep asking me the same questions, yet you deny the truth I present. Name one thing. I dare you.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by djbj597922

Just because you believe a story doesn't make it true!

What makes it true is that Jesus said it is. Remember i'm a christian and I approach the world through the scripture, because it is our weapon and our shield. You keep trying to get me to believe that what I believe in is less valid than yours, and it's just not going to happen. I told you before, twice now I was an agnostic once and I tried a great many things. You're not going to get me to slide backwards into your line of thinking, that leads to despair, uncertainty, hopelessness and a wasted existence. I have my hope and i'm not letting it go.

What if I were a person of the past and was spouting about how the Gods of old were not true??? Now look to today.

You're not the first atheist/agnostic in history, the godless are recorded all in the bible.

Psalm 14

Folly of the Godless, and God’s Final Triumph

To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.

1 The fool has said in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt,
They have done abominable works,
There is none who does good.

2 The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men,
To see if there are any who understand, who seek God.
3 They have all turned aside,
They have together become corrupt;
There is none who does good,
No, not one.

4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge,
Who eat up my people as they eat bread,
And do not call on the Lord?
5 There they are in great fear,
For God is with the generation of the righteous.
6 You shame the counsel of the poor,
But the Lord is his refuge.

7 Oh, that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion!
When the Lord brings back the captivity of His people,
Let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad

So yeah, this was written by King David 3000 years ago. Folks like you were around back then too. What you're doing is nothing new, I told you before history repeats itself. Nothing happening nowadays is new, it's something old come again and that comes straight out of Ecclesiates 1, written by David's son Solomon, again almost 3000 years ago.
edit on 27-6-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Now, what about faith in a all loving God and leave the trappings of the man-made construct or outdated perception of an infinite God outlined within the pages of a finite book?

You'll realize why I'm laughing when you get to the end of my parable.

People have to place restrictions on "all loving God" in order to function as healthy individuals. I think Jesus even made a statement to the effect that the Father cares more about you than He does about those birds.

Suppose I showed up at a medical clinic with a severe parasite infestation.
The doctor says, "I have this potion here that could eliminate those parasites for you, but, the All Loving God has determined that the thousands of parasites over multiple generations are loved as much as you are. Therefore, I will not do the immoral act of giving to you this potion."

Not only would I go to a different clinic, but I would also fail to pay the bill to the first clinic.
edit on 27-6-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Why would your god not want everyone to say their peace? If we think differently will we be punished"?""

It's not what goes into your mouth that makes you unclean, it's what comes out of your mouth that defiles you , because what comes out of your mouth is from your heart and that is what makes you unclean. He's not going to punish you for desiring to know the truth, only when the truth has been presented to you and you reject it will he punish you. I have given you the truth, your blood is now on your own head.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

My blood is on my head??? Spoken like a true religious person.

And MY soul does belong to me!!!!! To give it away is to give yourself away. I am me. I control mine! Only weak weak individuals give away their soul! Your god doesn't own me! I own myself. Bottom line is my soul belongs to no one but me. Unless I give it away, which I will never do!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

My blood is on my head??? Spoken like a true religious person.

And MY soul does belong to me!!!!! To give it away is to give yourself away. I am me. I control mine! Only weak weak individuals give away their soul! Your god doesn't own me! I own myself. Bottom line is my soul belongs to no one but me. Unless I give it away, which I will never do!!!!!!

Sigh. Well, have it your way.

Have a blessed day.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Why is yours right??? Why after thousands of years and hundreds of gods that have faded is yours right???? Why? Why believe in something just because it has a huge following?

Mine is right...for me. I cannot pretend to know the God of anyone else, therefore I cannot say which one is better or best. I have no experience with my neighbor's God...my mother's God...my brother's God....or your God. I simply know that my God is a great God.

To assume that I believe based off the following base is...well....contrary to the ATS slogan. (Also, my beliefs do not have a huge following....I'm not a traditional go to church and learn from someone else type of Christian....My body is my temple and Christ is my teacher....)

I believe because I have subjective experience. That's all there is to it.

A2D
edit on 27-6-2013 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Still no answer to why your religion is right and all the others are wrong. Do all the other people who believe different go to a good afterlife??? QUICK ANSWER: NO

Or are they all damned to hell???

QUICK ANSWER: YES

Very good question IF you are not trying to "bait " someone to argue.

Genesis 3:15 NIV - New International Version:
And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."

In the first book of Moses also called Genesis - the above statement is talking about someone is coming to correct this sin. The first sin man made - disobedience to his/her creator.

Who was the creator (I AM I AM) talking about?

NOTE: The one true God, creator of all things, has been identified as: I AM I AM, Yahweh, and/or Jehovah.

A: As you read through the old testament that very question was answered. The Jewish messiah would come from the bloodline of King David.

The above is accepted by both Judaism and Christian beliefs.

Jesus of Nazareth bloodline is from King David.

After Jesus of Nazareth received his water baptism from "John The Baptist". Numerous people waiting for their baptism from "John The Baptist" heard a voice coming from up in clouds (heaven) saying,

Luke 9:35 - New International Version (©2011)
A voice came from the cloud, saying, "This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him."

New Living Translation (©2007)
Then a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, my Chosen One. Listen to him."

For three and a half years Jesus of Nazareth traveled throughout the land raising the dead, opening the eyes of blind people, healing various people while hundreds sometimes thousands of people witnessed these miracles and preached:

Matthew 4:17 - New International Version (©2011)
From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near."

New Living Translation (©2007)
From then on Jesus began to preach, "Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near."

Jesus did not preach to hate the man but hate the sin.

You can only approach God (the father) through the son. All who refuse will not inherit the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus of Nazareth gave his life as a sacrifice. Payment for sin to THOSE who accept Jesus as savior for all those who accept him, his father and the Holy Spirit. Those who refuse will be judged for their sins.

It is your choice - not everyone will inherit the Kingdom of God.....many are destined for hell and damnation.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by FlyersFan

Because I have seen and felt impeachable proof of God's existence.

Wooooow flyers....I'm dying here...do share please. I hope it's not too personal for disclosure.

Please...I want to believe...all I need is the proof

He (God) doesn't work that way. The proof he gave to the Israelites long ago. They had issues believing in him too. Oh yes, jews can be some of the hardest skeptics in the world. Say the name of Jesus Christ to them and see the reactions their faces undergo.

So....what you're saying...only blind mad faith works? No need to prove anything. phew...I wish I had that luxury in my life...here on earth.

thought as much

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I wondering why your god(s) went out of his(their) way to mix races, languages and ideas. If he wanted us to believe in him...why so much "duality" ? If we are all part of One God...we are all his children...why did he confuse us than? Why create Buddha or Hindu Gods, or South American deities or Egyptian deities. Majority of those religious forms are numbingly different than Christian religion...that's why have many religious wars...even today.

Explain it to me...how do you view it? What is the purpose of crating a platform for conflict? Because that's what it is. Why not give us peace among ourselves? Doesn't he want peace on his children ?

I suppose here you will cite "he gave us free will"....Ok. My free will tells me that Biblical God is as much real as any south American God...or any Hindu. No experience has made me see him so far...I felt nothing out of the ordinary throughout my life....the only reason for believing in him (Yahweh) is a word of religious mouth.

If he wants me...and he defo wants it...one of the commandments state..."you shall have no other Gods before me"....and as far as I remember...only those that beliveth in Christ shall be saved....

to conclude...half of the Globe in this moment will go to hell ?? Really a loving father...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by djbj597922

My answer: it's not. I realized this when I came across one of my old letters to Santa. It was almost identical to the kinds of prayers I would make as an adult. That realization was pretty humiliating, even though it was after I'd left the faith. My entire "relationship" with God was me talking to an invisible wall. An imaginary friend would be better. At least then I could puppet some responses once in a while.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Someone please tell me why so many other gods of the past share the EXACT same story as Jesus.

Horus (Egypt 3000 BC)
Adorned by 3 kings
Teacher by the age of 12
Baptized at 30
Had 12 Disciples
Performed Miracles such as healing the sick and walking on water
He was crucified
Dead for 3 days
Resurrected

Same exact thing for these following Gods of old
Mithra (Persia 1200 BC)

So please tell me why all these gods had the same exact story (Not similar, but exactly the same) but no one believes in them anymore???

edit on 1-7-2013 by djbj597922 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Someone please tell me why so many other gods of the past share the EXACT same story as Jesus.

Horus (Egypt 3000 BC)
Adorned by 3 kings
Teacher by the age of 12
Baptized at 30
Had 12 Disciples
Performed Miracles such as healing the sick and walking on water
He was crucified
Dead for 3 days
Resurrected

Same exact thing for these following Gods of old
Mithra (Persia 1200 BC)

So please tell me why all these gods had the same exact story (Not similar, but exactly the same) but no one believes in them anymore???

What you are proposing is known as the copy cat thesis, popularized with the movie Zeitgeist which was debunked long ago by pretty much every Biblical and ancient language scholar on the planet.

"The first real parallel of a dying and rising god does not appear until A.D. 150, more than a hundred years after the origin of Christianity. So if there was any influence of one on the other, it was the influence of the historical event of the New Testament [resurrection] on mythology, not the reverse. The only known account of a god surviving death that predates Christianity is the Egyptian cult god Osiris. In this myth, Osiris is cut into fourteen pieces, scattered around Egypt, then reassembled and brought back to life by the goddess Isis. However, Osiris does not actually come back to physical life but becomes a member of a shadowy underworld...This is far different than Jesus’ resurrection account where he was the gloriously risen Prince of life who was seen by others on earth before his ascension into heaven....even if there are myths about dying and rising gods prior to Christianity, that doesn't mean the New Testaments writers copied from them. The fictional TV show Star Trek preceded the U.S. Space Shuttle program, but that doesn’t mean that newspaper reports of space shuttle missions are influenced by Star Trek episodes!" - I Don't Have Enough Faith to be An Atheist , 2004, p. 312

"Which mystery gods actually experienced a resurrection from the dead? Certainly no early texts refer to any resurrection of Attis. Attempts to link the worship of Adonis to a resurrection are equally weak. Nor is the case for a resurrection of Osiris any stronger. After Isis gathered together the pieces of Osiris's dismembered body, he became "Lord of the Underworld."....And of course no claim can be made that Mithras was a dying and rising god. French scholar Andre Boulanger concludes: "The conception that the god dies and is resurrected in order to lead his faithful to eternal life is represented in no Hellenistic mystery religion." - The Gospel and the Greeks: Did the New Testament Borrow from Pagan Thought?, p. 161-162

Zeitgeist: The Greatest Story Ever Garbled

Zeitgeist, History Rewritten:

edit on 4-7-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackManINC

Debunked long ago by pretty much every Biblical and ancient language scholar on the planet. Hahahahahahahahaha Really? Debunked by biblical scholars???? LOL

So you believe in a talking snake???
You believe one man got every single air breathing animal on a boat???
You believe a burning bush spoke to a man???

Do you really believe these things??? Really???

Why would you ever believe someone who preaches these fairy tales???? Santa is just as real. The easter bunny is just as real.

Debunked by biblical scholars. PLEASE!!!!!!! Debunked by story tellers is more like it!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackManINC

And just to add, out of the thousands of gods that have existed. What makes yours right????? Oh.....and please quote nothing a man has written. Nothing!!!!! Show me something god has shown you! Show me something please. And it can be something you think is from god or a miracle. Just one thing in history that proves your god is real. JUST ONE..... 1000 years ago you would have been hung, for talking about this god. Why believe in nonsense when logical reasoning always sounds better?

Once again, do you really believe a snake talked to the first people on earth??? Really? Do you believe that?

edit on 8-7-2013 by djbj597922 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2013 by djbj597922 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Great post I will also add a question to ponder for who ever is interested-

The Prophets in Jesus’ time had nothing to gain but salvation-would you not think if they had something else to say they would have admitted it before they got their heads chopped off-killed-etc. Surely they would of said something –but again all we heard was their testimony =Truth ...Just my humble opinion.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by trinityalways

Great post I will also add a question to ponder for who ever is interested-

The Prophets in Jesus’ time had nothing to gain but salvation-would you not think if they had something else to say they would have admitted it before they got their heads chopped off-killed-etc. Surely they would of said something –but again all we heard was their testimony =Truth ...Just my humble opinion.

The truth is very humbling. Pride is curt with the flaming sword. Trials in life come directly from being outside the will of God. The will is very simple. Give and never take. The only harm we can then suffer is at the hands of those who do not love. The Bible makes it clear there is reward for the one who suffers for the Truth. Have you read the last two threads I posted?

LINK

Link

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join