It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aaron Hernandez handcuffed, taken into police custody

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

NORTH ATTLEBOROUGH, Mass. — The Patriots' Aaron Hernandez has been taken into custody by police at his home. Hernandez, wearing red shorts and sneakers, was led out from the home handcuffed, his arms beneath a white T-shirt, and placed in the back seat of a police cruiser.

At the least he'll get charged with obstruction but I do think there will be more to this than just that. Innocent people usually don't kill their cell phone, destroy their home security system and hire a cleaning service when they are being investigated in a homicide. That reeks of a guilty conscience but he is innocent until guilty.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSpanishArcher

Anyone taking bets? I will bet my house he is playing week 1.....

Any takers?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSpanishArcher

Innocent people usually don't kill their cell phone, destroy their home security system and hire a cleaning service when they are being investigated in a homicide. That reeks of a guilty conscience but he is innocent until guilty.

I would. If you're the subject of an investigation, any investigation, all the cops and the prosecutor are concerned with is closing the case. They couldnt care less whether you actually did anything or not. If they can put the blame on you and call it "case closed" they will.

This is why you never talk to cops. Especially if you're innocent.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

If it's just obstruction, then probably. If it's more then he will be gone. I doubt Goodell would let him play knowing what a hard ass he is. The Patsies will probably release him anyway after all this and he will have to find another team and frankly, I don't know if another team would take that chance.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

MASS STATE POLICE ‏@MassStatePolice 2m
@karamat Charges will be announced at arraignment in Attleboro District Court.

twitter.com...

Looks like the folks will know more sometime today..

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They do seem to be rather pissed at him as they didn't give him the chance to put a shirt on and made him do the perp walk.

Sad thing is, and I'm just as guilty for starting this thread, is a guy is dead and no one is talking about him. Par for the course these days but still sad.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The problem is, there were 3 other people with him when this happened.....One of them WILL take the fall....Always happens this way with athletes...Or people with money

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by TheSpanishArcher

Innocent people usually don't kill their cell phone, destroy their home security system and hire a cleaning service when they are being investigated in a homicide. That reeks of a guilty conscience but he is innocent until guilty.

I would. If you're the subject of an investigation, any investigation, all the cops and the prosecutor are concerned with is closing the case. They couldnt care less whether you actually did anything or not. If they can put the blame on you and call it "case closed" they will.

This is why you never talk to cops. Especially if you're innocent.

First thing I thought as well, Murder happens on my property I'm getting rid of anything incriminating in my house asap, and thats if I'm Innocent.

ETA, where I',m working they watch nothing be espn, and I know nothing about sports, All I have gotten out of this case is they want to arrest him because he destroyed evidence which they are making him out to seem guilty because of that.

All I could think was if I was a rich foot ball player I wouldn't want the public let alone the police seeing what goes on in my home.
edit on 26-6-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Heard reports that the Patriots have released Hernandez..

confirmed by the official Patriots twitter... :

New England Patriots ‏@Patriots 11m
The New England #Patriots have released Aaron Hernandez.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

twitter.com...

edit on Wed, 26 Jun 2013 09:32:55 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Wow. Guilty until proven, huh?

I guess they wanted to get it over with so they could go back to bashing gun owners and selling Obamacare.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

They probably have alot more information on what is going on here, and are cutting their losses.. camp opens up in a few weeks and now they have to find someone to replace Hernandez?

business is business?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

They probably have alot more information on what is going on here, and are cutting their losses.. camp opens up in a few weeks and now they have to find someone to replace Hernandez?

business is business?

I actually respect the Patriots more (yuck, that sucked coming from my mouth! I hate the Patriots) than I did before....This is what all teams should be doing to players in trouble....Remove this aspect from sports!!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Innocent until proven guilty and all of that, but reading up on this guy, it seems as though he's a bit of a psychopath and was given far too much adoration and protection by those around him.

His actions around the time of the murder are definitely cause to believe he was at least involved in the mans death.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Great distraction from what's going on with the court rulings regarding "equality". Anywaaaaay. Here's some info:

Last Tuesday, it was reported that Hernandez had been questioned by police but he was not believed to be a suspect of any kind. At that point, the reports were that Lloyd might be an associate of Hernandez's.

On Wednesday, Hernandez was not ruled out as a suspect, and the vehicle that was rented in his name had become a major piece of the investigation. After searching his home Tuesday, police returned Wednesday, but Hernandez was not home at the time.Article: CBS Sports
More people will be tuned in to this, than they will with what's going on in the real world.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Murder charges...

He looks as though it is no big deal.

Peace

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
What exactly did this guy allegedly do?

I'm seeing the articles all over the web for his arrest but the details are sketchy as to who he killed.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

arraignment live

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Anyone taking bets? I will bet my house he is playing week 1.....

Any takers?

WOW!! I might have been wrong here.....Hernandez just charged with Murder!! We shall see how this one plays out...He plead not guilty....lol

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Although the known evidence is circumstantial, it does not look good for Hernandez.

We already knew:
* Hernandez was with the victim the night of the murder
* Hernandez destroyed his home surveillance footage from the night of the murder
* Hernandez destroyed his cell phone before turning it over to investigators
* Hernandez hired a professional team of cleaners to clean his house the day after the murder

Now the following information has been released:

*Keys to a vehicle belonging to Hernandez were found on Lloyd (the victim). Lloyd had all his possessions, so robbery was not the motive.

*According to a third party, Hernandez was angry with Lloyd for talking to a group of people at a nightclub on the previous Friday, a group that Hernandez apparently had beef with. The prosecutor said authorities have tape of Hernandez, with a firearm, saying "You can't trust anyone anymore" before driving to pick up Lloyd.

*When the three—minus Lloyd—returned to Hernandez's house, surveillance cameras showed someone carrying a gun into his house, down to the basement, and that's when cameras were shut off.

*A shell casing was found in the rental car after Hernandez returned it.

deadspin.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Sounds like he thought he destroyed the surveillance video at his house?

Forensics could have recovered it? Tape went dead after they got home and shut it off in the basement?

Will have to wait for the trial I guess...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join