It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the military really use flares above cities and villages? Ufo Video?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
For me there are only two explanations: flares or something else. Its obviously not a fake as they are clearly not acting. (technological speaking: everything is possible. but this would be a rather subtle hoax with much sensitivity involved)
So question: do you know for sure that they use flares in areas where people are living? i can not imagine that. Look at minute 1.10...what is this?
greetings

edit on 26-6-2013 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Hmm. I wait with baited breath for the explanations from those in the know.
Flares, possible, but don't they go up and then gravity takes over, and do they burn out on the way down, partly at least.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
They sure look like flares to me.
You can see the lights of the aircraft and the flares appear to be dropping out of the aircraft.
As to whether they drop over inhabited areas, it appears that they do.
eta: I was speaking of what I saw from 1:10 on, I couldn't see much before that.
edit on 26-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
They sure look like flares to me.
You can see the lights of the aircraft and the flares appear to be dropping out of the aircraft.
As to whether they drop over inhabited areas, it appears that they do.
eta: I was speaking of what I saw from 1:10 on, I couldn't see much before that.
edit on 26-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

there are flashing lights before that...many!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
First step would be where was this video taken? Then the 2nd step I would take would be to look for Airports or Military bases near by? After finding out the area and exact time these lights appeared I would use Google, and have a deep search, any more witnesses? Any more videos from a different perspective?

Get all them ruled out, then you're onto something.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Can anyone explain what the purpose of these flare-releasing activities would be under these kind of circumstances? What exactly are they supposed to be practicing? They certainly aren't illuminating much, so that can't be it.
edit on 26-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
Can anyone explain what the purpose of these flare-releasing activities would be under these kind of circumstances? What exactly are they supposed to be practicing? They certainly aren't illuminating much, so that can't be it.

They use flares as protection against infrared heat seeker missiles. If there is a launch of an antiaircraft missile detected by the plane's warning systems, they release flares and chaff to distract and or confuse the missile guidance system.
Illuminating flares are very bright and light up areas on the ground.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

They use flares as protection against infrared heat seeker missiles. If there is a launch of an antiaircraft missile detected by the plane's warning systems, they release flares and chaff to distract and or confuse the missile guidance system.
Illuminating flares are very bright and light up areas on the ground.

There doesn't really seem to be enough of them for that to be an effective tactic. Are those tiny little flares really going to confuse a high-tech anti-aircraft weapon?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kauskau
For me there are only two explanations: flares or something else.

Flares or something else? doesn't that cover absolutely everything?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Yes, at least it is better than not trying to confuse them.
Early generation AA missiles would sometimes fly off in the direction of the sun if they picked it up while on their way to the target, and it's 93 million miles away.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueworld
First step would be where was this video taken? Then the 2nd step I would take would be to look for Airports or Military bases near by? After finding out the area and exact time these lights appeared I would use Google, and have a deep search, any more witnesses? Any more videos from a different perspective?

Get all them ruled out, then you're onto something.

According to the comments he says " I am on the coast in South Carolina,"

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

Originally posted by kauskau
For me there are only two explanations: flares or something else.

Flares or something else? doesn't that cover absolutely everything?

rofl...of course i mean: Ufos..
the flashing at the beginning in the video is strange..

and the flares remind me of the hessdalen light.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Here's a similar video of flares dropped from planes ... the flashing is from the planes .

Training with flares is normally carried out over unpopulated areas but they can appear to be closer than they are as seen with the st petersburg UFO flares .

edit on 26-6-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by kauskau

Here's a similar video of flares dropped from planes ... the flashing is from the planes .

Training with flares is normally carried out over unpopulated areas but they can appear to be closer than they are as seen with the st petersburg UFO flares .

edit on 26-6-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

do you people have eyes to see?

Of course in your video its flares..its a straight line and you even see the plane light. In my video there are 13 different flashes in 4 seconds all over the place and the "flares" are not dropped in a straight line...but move back and forth...

selective perception can be strange...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Captain.Dom Seitz was practicing over the area at that time in an McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) F-15 Eagle C Strike Eagle, deploying Flare anti-IR 'Marconi AN/ALE-45 Chaff/Flares' according to local records from the military base.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Those flares are magnesium, which means they're extremely hot. They're not as likely to be effective against new multi-seeker missiles, but they're better than nothing.

reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

The C isn't the Strike Eagle. The A-D are air superiority aircraft (A and C are single seat, B and D are two seat for training). The E is the Strike Eagle (similar airframe, vastly different missions).

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

do you people have eyes to see?

There is only one of me

Of course in your video its flares..its a straight line and you even see the plane light.

So all flare drops must follow the same pattern

In my video there are 13 different flashes in 4 seconds all over the place

I guess that would mean more planes than in the video I posted then .

selective perception can be strange...

Back atcha kiddo .

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Actually, your assertion that flares are not used or tested over or near populated areas, is in error. I live within five miles of a testing range, where many different types of military equipment are tested. Flares can be seen high above the site, from my bedroom window, and from the local park, where there are areas of open land.

We also hear explosive tests, cannon firings, and if the wind is just right, the occasional burst of small arms fire can be discerned, although this is less common, since the sound is smaller in volume, and requires a strong breeze or wind to blow across the site from the sea, directly over our area. I have heard that particular sound five or six times out of the twenty six years we have lived here. Cannon and explosive tests however can be heard on a pretty regular basis.

On the subject of flares again, it has to be said that only the highest flying flare types can ever be seen from either my bedroom, or indeed our local park.
edit on 26-6-2013 by TrueBrit because: Removal of repeated information.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There are many types of flare
Handheld
15mm mini flares - used for signalling - only travel and burn for about 100 meters
Generally not used in urban areas during pease due to it chance of igniting anything it comes into contact - but does get used
Can't be these ......too high
Handheld para illum - used for illuminating an area - travels for 4 seconds ...burns for about 20-25 seconds
Is launched in a little tube which is discarded at its ceiling height and the flare deploys on a parachute
This plastic tube is a falling hazard ......but not much really ......can be used in an urban area ......but again the ones in the vid are too high ....and burn out too quick
Mortar illum flares - fired from a mortar....the same as the handheld para illum- just bigger and fired from a mortar, however has an aluminium tube sheath that falls to the ground ......this is a hazard and will cause damage and casualties to any thing directly underneath - not used in an urban area except in times of trouble

Then aircraft decoy flares - the sort that attracts incoming enemy missiles
LOTS of different types
Multiple colours - some even change colour like multi spectrum defence flares - to defeat different types of homing devices
Short burn time - just like we saw in the vid
And can be dropped anywhere
The pilot may not even have control over the systems

The flares in the vid look like decoy flares from an aircraft
Some one may have pointed a laser pen at the aircraft or someone with a laser ranging set of binos may have caused the deployment .....could be any one of a 100 things
But it does look like decoy flares

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
ok. Case closed.

I hope one day there will be a clear ufo sighting that leaves no doubt...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join