It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julia Gillard or Kevin Rudd, who will lead party - 26/6/2013

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatfriendbadfoe

Originally posted by AussieDingus
In days gone by, there was the stance that Labor was for the blue-collar worker, and Liberal were about big business and corporations. But those days have been gone for so long, that it is unimaginable that anyone today would still think it works that way. But this thread has proven that some Australians still do think this way. And its these same people that governments need to keep their agenda's, and career's going.

The Australian voting public as a whole remind me of a saying............"you can't fix stupid. Stupid is forever !".

I disagree wih you AD, Looking at it in a very selfish way, I want the best for my beautiful lady. When the LNP were in power, things were really tough and it urked me to see that bloody gloating Costello telling us how great everything was. When the ALP got in, we can now actually make ends meet.

I still believe that the ALP is for the battler and the LNP works for big business. Call me stupid if you like, I've been called worse. All I am sure of is that if the LNP gets in next time, there'll be a "tightening of the belt" but the only people it will hurt will be those most in need. The rich bitches will probably not even notice it. so yeah AD, I guess I'm just stupid forever or maybe just too old to change y spots. I've lived through the Lib sh#t too many times to think anything would be different. A bunch of bozos with a holier than thou attitude led by a rabbid monk. imo, We would be going "down the rAbbott hole" big time. A good example Queensland after the last state election.

The word "selfish" may go a long way to explaining your stance ?

I live in a city that has been a Labor voting town for 40 years straight without deviation. Labor does not spend a cent in this city because they know its a "safe seat". Liberal doesn't not spend a cent either, as they know its a "safe seat" for Labor and see any investment as wasted money. So in the meantime, the city I live in gets left behind with job closure after job closure, and neither party spending a cent. Another poster made a comment that Labor have created 1 million jobs, but I notice they didn't put up how many people have lost their jobs in comparison.

If you live in a voting area that isn't classed as a safe seat to one of the parties, then those area's are better off as they then get BOTH parties competing against each other to make it a safe seat for their party. But live in my city for 12 months and see if you have the same opinion about each political party.

And I wasn't actually saying you are stupid, I was saying that supporting one party over the other without hearing a policy is stupidity at its finest. If you do support one party over the other without regarding policy, then your approach is stupid. I don't mean that as a personal attack. But while the average Australian voter [either Labor or Liberal] continues to approach Australian politics the way they do, then I stand by my comment of ......."you can't fix stupid. Stupid is forever".

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

"The defense rests your honor . . ."

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

I hope your a women with those comments otherwise i fear we have proud backdoor man.

Your condescension thus lack of respect has been noted congrats you are now on my ignore list. Dont bother responding!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Sadly aussie politics is a joke..a good laugh though. they are all comedians.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LevelEleven
Sadly aussie politics is a joke..a good laugh though. they are all comedians.

Nah mate! Comedians make you laugh - these 'pollies' make you cry!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatfriendbadfoe
reply to post by hellobruce

But keep your hollow rhetoric going, 2 days ago, 52/48, 1 day ago 51/49, just a little bit more of the bumbling and stumbling and hopefully, the rest of the people will wake up to Abbot's lies, deceit and destructive agenda. ALP build Australia, LNP bring it down again for the average Joe and line the pockets of their rich mates

and now 50/50

Followed up by Turnbull admitting that there are many who would prefer him over Abbott.
I firmly believe that there are horses for courses. And Abbott was amazing at destruction of any govt that was not his. He just has a knack of destabilisation and negativity. He was just what was needed by the LNP but now, there is a new boy (well revisited, like Rudd) on the block. someone who has class, intelligence and the ability to do something good for the Libs. heck, he (Turnbull) and Hockey would actually make a terrific team. so imo, it's time for the destroyer of governments to step down and the rightful, decent, constructive individual to take his rightful place BEFORE an election as possible PM, rather than taking up his position AFTER the election in opposition. Now that would be a real shame.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join