It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julia Gillard or Kevin Rudd, who will lead party - 26/6/2013

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Here we are again with this circus lets hope Rudd gets the job.

PRIME Minister Julia Gillard has gone on live TV and called a ballot for the Labor leadership for 7pm (AEST) tonight to resolve the issue, even though she hasn't been formally challenged.

Click to More Here

I have noticed this is the 3rd time this has occurred.
edit on 26-6-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

As they say third times a charm, so I hope this time she gets dumped.

But I think its far too late to save Labour now anyway.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Kevin just gave a brilliant speech declaring he will indeed run.

He's going to nail it I think.

All those spineless whimps who declared yesterday '' I will quit before I server under Kevin '' are now going to look pretty stupid in the center link line, or under Kevin's leadership.

The people will vote him in. Everything he's been through, he still stood up and looked into the camera and told the world, I'm ready bring it on. The people will respect that.. this man was stabbed in the back.. he stayed.. he was humiliated, demoted, ignored.. he knew the last 3yrs that the PEOPLE wanted him, he knew he would get his chance.
Gillard tried to smoke him out 6 months ago when Crean demanded the spill.. but he was to savy..
he knew today was coming.. and we're 1hr 25mins away!

Gillard, I hope your humiliated and brought to tears, you back stabbing, lying, ***** of a mofo. You deserve to be run out of town for your lies, underhanded policies, backstabbing, name calling and bloody outrageous accent.

You broke every promise
You did everything the corporations wanted you to
You ignored the people
You spat all over the person WE wanted as PM

Bloody hell I've got a zip in my step and ill be celebrating down at the pub tonight!

edit on 26-6-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

well said bloke

couldnt agree more

kevs the one...not the liar

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

He's going to nail it I think.

All those spineless whimps who declared yesterday '' I will quit before I server under Kevin '' are now going to look pretty stupid in the center link line, or under Kevin's leadership.

The people will vote him in. Everything he's been through, he still stood up and looked into the camera and told the world, I'm ready bring it on. The people will respect that.. this man was stabbed in the back.. he stayed.. he was humiliated, demoted, ignored.. he knew the last 3yrs that the PEOPLE wanted him, he knew he would get his chance.
Gillard tried to smoke him out 6 months ago when Crean demanded the spill.. but he was to savy..
he knew today was coming.. and we're 1hr 25mins away!

Gillard, I hope your humiliated and brought to tears, you back stabbing, lying, ***** of a mofo. You deserve to be run out of town for your lies, underhanded policies, backstabbing, name calling and bloody outrageous accent.

Your broke every promise
You ignored the people

Bloody hell I've got a zip in my step and ill be celebrating down at the pub tonight!

could not agree more with you well done, I reckon I will be going to my dads and having a beer.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Your broke every promise
You ignored the people

or drowning your sorrows either way its beer and mainly the Aussie way of any excuse will do lol.

Other than the drinking I also share your sentiments and especially toward all those who dumped Kevin to get her in the PM position, I think they had it planned long ago.They have lost my trust as a party.But I would have a wide grin to see Kevin back in the top job.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I hope Julia wins tonight's spill; simply because she would lead the party to defeat. I am also sick of the Labor party and think that the Liberals deserve another crack at the job.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Lets hope they both choke on a thrown sandwich and Kitty Flannigans appears from nowhere to take the reigns of Australias chop shop of politics.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Excellent posts all round and if Kevin is standing then he must believe he has got more than two thirds (at least) of the caucus support because any less and he wouldn't stand.
There is a slight problem you guys might have overlooked. Juliar (sorry I can't help that but I've had enough of her false promises and lack of effort towards the Australian people) Gillard relies on the support of Independents, Rob Oakshott and Tony Windsor, neither of who will support Kevin Rudd. Bob Katter however has pledged his support.
This will probably lead to an earlier than September election as Kevin will be unable to govern even if he does get the support of his party.
This "Poor Womans" Margaret Thatcher has destroyed the Labour Party with her "I'll do it MY way and you can all get stuffed" attitude. She has sent the Labour Party to a political wilderness for the next ten years and has single handedly destroyed the aspirations of prospective Women Politicians.
Thank heavens we are to be rid of her once and for all as she has 'promised' (HaHaHa) to resign immediately if she is defeated in tonights spill.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
If Rudd wins Australia will have a PM who likes to eat his own earwax....

edit on 26-6-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Bill Shorten just announced he supports Kevin Rudd.

Gillards gone...

20minutes left

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
If Kev gets back in I hope that he will change the way Labor operates, I hate the thought of so called "faceless men" calling the shots over our Prime Minister. But I think it may be to late to save Labor from defeat in the next election thanks to ol vinegar tits.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Great reason not to like him

We are great apes we pick probe and test our bodies.
Iam not up in AUS politics so I do not know who is the better person but you do have the hottest leader at the moment

Do you have three main parties? Labour, conservatives and Liberals?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I agree he gave a good speech but he always does. Remember his campaign in 2007? We all fell in love with him. He talks a good game BUT during his time, really, what did he actually achieve? Not very much. The way he and Swanny steered the country through the GFC was masterful, I'll admit (despite what the Libs say) but apart from that very little of substance was was achieved under Rudd. Lots of talk, no follow through. I remember feeling very let down by him and threw away by Chaser 07 t-shirt in protest. I was quite ambivalent when he was rolled but then Julia took the party off to the right and I've became one of the many disenfranchised Labor voters.

While I hope he gets up tonight because Julia has destroyed the ALP pretty much, I still think they'll lose in September. If he leads in Opposition, he'll be great because he can talk up a storm and won't have to actually DO anything to back up his words.

Doug Cameron is the only true ALP politician left.

Unbelievable that Shorten has switched sides!

ETA: It's to the death as well - I can't take all the drama!
edit on 26-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
I hope Julia wins tonight's spill; simply because she would lead the party to defeat. I am also sick of the Labor party and think that the Liberals deserve another crack at the job.

Wow, you must be wealthy. Libs stand for business. Unless you earn over $250K a year or own a reasonably big company, the Libs will not do you any favours and you'd be mad to vote for them because they will screw you. Working people should be shaking in their boots at the prospect of a Liberal Government.

But I digress....

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Archie

You're mistaken my friend, the Libs do look after business, but not exclusively big business.

Small businesses are better off with a liberal government too.

And there are plenty of them feelings labor's squeeze, since they make up 96% of all active businesses in Australia.

edit on 26-6-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Rumour from canberra gillard admitted defeat inside caucus

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Way to go, interfering with State of Origin.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
rudd won it

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Kevin Rudd has been elected unopposed, according to reports.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join