It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptions in the Grand Canyon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Druscilla

Ancient metal clamps (TL Dendera Egypt, TR Angkor Wat Cambodia, BL Tiahuanaco, BR Ollantaytambo, Peru) [Hancock and Faiia, Heaven’s Mirror]

Common sense will tell you there is heritage connection of technical knowledge between Egyptian and Aztec Pyramid builders. The clamping arrangements they are use on the big stones are too closely identical to be a coincidence.

Additional information provided with these photographs explains show imprints of what must certainly be metal clamps intended to join these blocks of stone. Scanning electron microscope studies have revealed that the clamps were poured molten into the imprints, requiring a portable smelter, and a spectrographic analysis of a clamp found in Bolivia revealed that it contained 1.7% nickel, of which there is no source in Bolivia.

Full link to web page source below.

www.riaanbooysen.com...

edit on 27-6-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Now your just showing your ignorance,
your two new world examples are in south america and have ABSOLUTELY no connection to the Aztecs.
Andean metallurgical history is pretty well defined, and it starts in the first millenium bce. Literally thousands of years separate the two technologies.
It has been shown that the arsenical bronze made by Andean peoples comes from local ores or ores brought in from other Andean regions.
edit on 28-6-2013 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
Someone claimed to have found the cave:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

That is very interesting. I assume that most of the information of this research will be buried by the Smithsonian because it goes so far against consensus and teachings of the time.

Right now our flawed history is widely accepted, you can't be smashing the beliefs of people too abruptly, they will start questioning everything

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
S&F.
So this is my first time hearing of this....
I wonder why they have never taught this in grade school.
Awesome.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Thanks~
Fascinating!
The statues of Buddha-likeness raise questions of contact between Egyptians and Buddhists, and the cultural influences therein as well...like, were the early Buddhists Egyptian, or the Egyptians Buddhist, was there another cross-cultural factor, or maybe they both sailed the globe to see the Good Ol' Grand Canyon.

LOVE

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by peter vlar

Researchers exploring the seafaring culture of the Maya

From May 23, 2011

This month, researchers from the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) are combing the eastern Mexican coast for remnants of the Maya civilization, which once boasted a rich and sophisticated seafaring tradition. The current expedition focuses on the ancient port city of Vista Alegre, located where the Caribbean meets the Gulf of Mexico at the northeastern tip of the Yucatan Peninsula. The remote island site is thought to have been an important harbor and maritime trade stronghold for intermittent periods of time between 800 B.C. and the mid-15th century.

Thus, yes, a sea faring tradition within the Maya culture is evident and has been at least examined to some extent.

Thank you for that. It's a rather interesting article. I particularly liked the comparison of the Maya to a Meso American Phoenecia as well as the quote from Columbus' son about the canoes used in the Caribbean(with no mention of a mast to be found). Great read.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

With all due respect, you're grasping at straws here, and making connections where there are no connections.

Similar engineering problems will result in similar, and even the exact same kinds of solutions without any outside influences.

For instance, why do people consistently build in straight lines?
According your demonstrated reasoning; some omni-engineer was globe trotting about over the course of thousands of years, showing the whole world that building in straight lines is easier.

Fact of the matter is, simple engineering solutions, including metallurgical smelting of structural stability pins in megalithic construction can and do pop up in cultures widely divergent in space and time with similar solutions.
It's just like building in straight lines. A simple solution works.

Now, if for some reason all these pins had some signature complex shape to them as opposed to the >-

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
i saw mentions about the supposed article in the Phoenix Gazette, does anyone know if this is legit?

found on this website www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Ok...maybe cross-cultural-pollenation between the pharaoh and the buddha may be off the table at the moment, because a number of these images are from actual egyptian (in egypt) artifacts, and actual buddhist (in asia) peoples...and the other images are cgi.
Its difficult to tell the date, but this appears to have circulated a little...
here
& here.
Never the less 'the' story is plausible, while 'this' story seems unlikely...

LOVE

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

I found a digital copy of, " Exploration of the Colorado River of the west and it's tributaries; explored in 1869, 1870, 1871 and 1872 under the direction of the secretary of the Smithsonian Institute" John Westly Powell

digital copy

On page 78, " I return to camp about three o'clock, and find that some of the men have discovered ruins, and many fragments of pottery; also, etchings and hieroglyphics on the rocks".

"Our camp is below the Colorado Chiquito and on the Eastern side of the canyon".

Many times in the book drawings or carvings are listed, they are scientific in most descriptions, only this time they state hieroglyphics, what does ATS think?

John Westly Powell with a total of 33 men started the Smithsonian Institute after his exploration in 1869.

Enough for me to keep digging, westerns are good summertime reading.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Those finds are related to known native American peoples,
such as the puebloans and Fremont people.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Archaeological Coverup? Rumors are rampant on the Internet that the archaeology is suppressing the true human past. We take a look at the origins of a modern myth.

story

Found this story (hoax) has been going on for over a hundred years, ever sense the 1909 newspaper story.
Huge amount of information found a lot of reading ahead.

And then it gets funny, this has been a money maker for a long long time, or....

HOW THE STORY GREW Nevertheless, many continue to believe faithfully in the story of the prehistoric cave, a story that has grown and metamorphosed into a subterranean city as the story is told and retold again and again. Author David Icke is typical of the true believers. From his book The Biggest Secret: "In 1909 a subterranean city which was built with the presicion (sic) of the the Great Pyramid was found by G. E. Hincaid (sic) near the Grand Canyon in Arizona. It was big enough to accomidate (sic) 50,000 people and mumified (sic) bodies found were of oriental or possibly Egyptian origin, according to the expedition leader Professor S. A. Jordan. My own resaerch (sic) suggests that it is from another dimension, the lower fourth dimension, that the reptilian control and manipulation is primarily orchestrated (sic)." In Icke's telling, the cavern tomb of legend becomes a precise city with a sizable population. Icke also names its inhabitants as reptiles from the fourth dimension, a concept first put forward in H. P. Lovecraft's fictional story "The Nameless City," where a hapless traveler discovers a subterranean city in Arabia populated by the mummies of prehistoric reptiles. Except for a difference in location, Icke's version of the myth reads like Lovecraft warmed over, with a good dose of Robert Temple: "There were other extraterrestrial races at large on the Earth, and still are, as well as the extraterrestrial race which the Sumerians called the Anunnaki and other ancient texts called the serpant (sic) race." Once again, those pesky Annunaki make their way into the myth of lost civilizations. (see my article From Cthulhu to Cloning for more) Of course, Icke also believes that Princess Diana died as a result of an extraterrestrial cover-up.

edit on 29-6-2013 by donlashway because: Icke

I ask WHY ?
edit on 29-6-2013 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

My original op began with a news artical from my IP embarq or centurylnk late at night and gone in the morning...

And then someone, "thejuice" signed up to ATS just to give me grief about my spelling of Egyptians, made the whole site look bad? This is a fun one...

To the OP and any other poster on this site doing the same thing, STOP IT. You make the rest of us in the scene look like sloppy idiots.... (thejuice)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The Smithsonian was asked about this and this is their response:

"From: Smithsonian Information

(post by JosephLakeResearch removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join