It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptions in the Grand Canyon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

since the government tried to cover it up with disinformation almost immediately after it was discovered it must be true. LOL.. i would love to take a rafting trip down the Colorado and find this cave but since its supposedly about 100' off the ground ( hear that NSA i am not a fan of high places) and also very vague as to its location I will probably miss it.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Interesting topic, but that's a very very bogus website in the op. They took a bunch of pictures and re-labeled them. It's easy to prove that sort of fraud nowadays with google image search.

The "entrance to Powell's cave" picture is from Helme fortress and Helme cave a hilltop fortress in Estonia:

The picture with "this shrine in Powell's cave" is from Sanjay Ghandi National Park in Mumbai, India.

"This artifact was from Kincaids tunnel" except lol no it's not you shameless hucksters. That image is so famous you would be taught it in most ancient world art history survey courses. It's one of the most famous images of Akhenaten and Nefertiti and it's in a museum in Berlin:
so famous it's in the wiki for Akhenaten himself:
en.wikipedia.org...
~5 min lecture on this specific relief sculpture:
youtu.be...

edit on 27-6-2013 by 11andrew34 because: fun with formatting

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
More...

"These Gold Artifacts from Kincaid Tunnel are the only Artifacts on display in the Smithsonian Institute at Washington DC. from the Grand Canyon."

Nope. Those are contemporary decorative pieces made in Vietnam and Thailand. I would add that it looks like the big one on the left is King Tut and the big female on the right is once again Nefertiti:

thestar.com.my.../2008/5/29/lifefocus/20684064&sec=lifefocus

sorry but the automatic url parser is chopping that link into two pieces. I can't seem to use url tags to make it parse as one url so you'll have to combine them with copy paste if you want to see for yourself.

edit: let's try this again with the suggested method

oh hey I think that worked.
edit on 27-6-2013 by 11andrew34 because: formatting is magic

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 11andrew34

off topic: regarding your difficulty in posting links; if you look above the text box where you're typing a reply to a post, you'll see several buttons - Headline, Bold, Italic, Under, Center, Link, Image, Ex-Text, News, "Quote", List, Vid Youtube, and Vid Google.

In posting a link, simply click the LINK button. You'll then be prompted for a name to give the link, and then once you enter a name, or description and click OK, you're prompted to enter the URL. You then get the HTML for posting a named link inserted into your post, like so:
Example Link to beginning of this topic thread

You can go back to your posts and click EDIT on each one to fix your links so long as 4 hours hasn't elapsed from time of posting.

This post is meant to be helpful to all members, and no insult to anyone's facility for posting links is intended.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
This post is meant to be helpful to all members, and no insult to anyone's facility for posting links is intended

How dare you!

edit: Uh I mean thanks. That's uh, how you say thanks in my culture (Jerk people of Jerksylvania).

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

There is already plenty of evidence available without this find to be able to say the builders of Egyptian and Aztec pyramids are the same people.

Both have huge pyramids, aligned to the cardinal points

Both have structures built with megalithic stones and extremely fine joints

Both exhibit intriguing bumps on many unfinished stone blocks

Both employed a unique style of construction using "L" shaped corners

Both use the same style of metal clamps to hold the huge stones in place

And go research the last point on the metal clamps. That's not a coincidence Druscilla.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

There is already plenty of evidence available without this find to be able to say the builders of Egyptian and Aztec pyramids are the same people.

Both have huge pyramids, aligned to the cardinal points

Both have structures built with megalithic stones and extremely fine joints

Both exhibit intriguing bumps on many unfinished stone blocks

Both employed a unique style of construction using "L" shaped corners

Both use the same style of metal clamps to hold the huge stones in place

And go research the last point on the metal clamps. That's not a coincidence Druscilla.

These arguments really don't hold water.
There's such a thing as isolated parallel development, and invention of similar and even same technologies all over the planet at similar or different times where no outside contact or contamination influence from any other has occurred.
The wheel has been invented several times over in many incarnations from pulleys to being used for carts and chariots. These discoveries required no one to teach anyone else or pollinate another culture with the wisdom and power of the wheel.
The bow and arrow has been developed independently all over the planet several times over without any one culture teaching any one other.
Boats have been independently invented, designed and engineered across several cultures without need for any foreign involvement.

It's really a bit insulting to our ancestors to imply that they lacked the intelligence and ingenuity to come up with intuitive solutions to basic problems independently all their own without having to be taught.
Similar problems in engineering will often require similar solutions like the joiner clamps used in holding stones together.

Regardless alignment to cardinal points and extremely superficial similarities in the respect that they were "pyramids", there's also some rather significant differences in types of pyramids, usages, and the over-all engineering gone into them.

For instance, many of the pre-columbian South American pyramids, as I understand it, are NOT solid stone structures, like the vaunted Egyptian engineering marvels, but, shells of stone built around debris, rubble, and earth; basically hills of dirt piled up and encased in stone.
Then there's that whole step-pyramid thing with all the extremely baroque stylized carvings, statues, edifices, and ornamentation all over them closer in tradition to Asiatic and Indus temple and sacred architecture vs. the stark, plain, smooth inclines of Egyptian tradition.

Pyramids are pretty much no-brainers. I arrived at a pyramid solution for building with wooden alphabet blocks as a baby. Certainly isolated cultures could arrive at similar all their own without need for one or the other to influence one or the other.

I don't disagree with the possibility or even probability for world trade occurring on a much grander scale across more cultures than we historically recognize. That, however, is a little bit of another topic.

This topic isn't even about pre-columbian pyramids, but, the supposed secret cave of wonders, and underground city allegedly hidden away and since kept (possibly on purpose) secret in the Grand Canyon area that also supposedly contained artifacts of definite Egyptian origin or at least influence.
Cave Complex or purpose excavated tunnels.
Underground city.
Grand Canyon.
These are the points of debate.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Your post basically disproved the "information" in the OP, but nobody seemed to even notice.

Seems like ATS would rather ignore the facts sometimes in order to believe in fantasies.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

You do realize that the Aztecs and Egyptian pyramid builders are separated by some 3500 years, and that at the time of the building of the pyramids in Egypt the Aztecs were not even in Mexico, but were a nomadic tribe in the American southwest.
Your supposed architectural connections are way off base. The none of the central American people used megalithic construction techniques, nor did they use metal clamps, as they did not work in copper or bronze.
In certain south American cultures they did, but for the most part these people didn't build pyramids, and their pyramid like platforms have roots that predate Egyptian pyramid building, and they didn't discover metallurgy until omg after the Egyptians had stopped building pyramids.

And by the way the Mesoamerican pyramids are stylized representations of mountains, and if you roughly align any square structure to the rising sun, it automatically aligns with the other cardinal points.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

So much stuff, what's that statement about knowing you know nothing?

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
- Socrates

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

When Christopher Columbus (We know he was not the first and neither was Amerigo Vespuci) first encountered the south American tribe whom lived on what he called Hispaniola he noted that they were in possession of sea going vessels that had masts and were about the same size as his ships (so really small and scary on the Atlantic),. We tend to dismiss the possibility that just maybe the south American's were the ones visiting the Africa and Europe and not the other way around.
The claim that Egyptian find's had been made in the grand canyon has never been quantified and if real may have been a miss-identification of some native American relic's but to my knowledge none ever showed up for inspection and like so many claim's it has grown over time but that does not mean that a civilisation that lasted for thousand's of years never explored as I am sure they did, but did they make it to America?.

And if they did then did they ever make it back, the Egyptians were primarily river sailors and the Mediterranean though it can be really rough in bad weather is a different scale of difficult to the Atlantic, As far as the Pyramid connection go's, well there is no proof of any connection and while the Egyptian pyramids still hold mystery there is little or non in the south American one's though some were impressive feats of engineering the Andean irrigation canals and stone architecture is far more impressive.

Pyramids are a logical structure as they may evolve as Cairns were like a kid putting one block atop another they learned they could make something really big and impressive, gothic arches are light years ahead but would never stand the test of time so well.

edit on 27-6-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I am not usually one to hate on people for simple spelling errors, but I can't hold back anymore. I am sick of seeing absolutely horrendous spelling, if you're going to post something at least run it by a spell check...."Egyptions" really? As if it wasn't already hard enough to believe a lot of this fringe stuff without blatant, lazy errors. This website's main page looks like it's run by 7 year olds a lot of time, these topics and theories deserve much much better. To the OP and any other poster on this site doing the same thing, STOP IT. You make the rest of us in the scene look like sloppy idiots....

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJuice

OK, I am a sloppy idiot. Kewl it was 1 a.m. when I posted it however that's no excuse. Thank you for showing me my error, TheJuice.
With out insulting you or in any way trying to offend you, could you explain to me why you signed up today just to comment on my spelling error? It offended you so much you had to join to show me the error of my ways? Sounded like you had been putting up with idiots for longer.

Again, thank you.

Gave thejuice a star, and forgot to welcome him or her here to ATS.
edit on 27-6-2013 by donlashway because: (no reason given)
ooops had a space in thejuice sorry.
edit on 27-6-2013 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
So,
Back on topic,

The Egyptians had the maritime tech available to make it to new world, but it would have been an extremely arduous journey. So difficult that they would have been destined to fail. They would have had limited cargo space available, so limited that almost all of it would have been taken up by water and food. There would have been no room for treasure of gold and statuary.
And why would they haul all that stuff halfway around the world, it doesnt make any sense at all.
Given the fa.ct that Egyptian maritime endeavours were centered on the red sea, as other cultures controlled maritime trade in the med. basin,ie the minoans and later Phoenicians, they would have had to either sail east, the super long way, or the would have had to sail around the cape to get into the Atlantic. That would have failed as their ship building technologies would not have stood up to those seas.
Then no matter which route they took, they would have had to lump said treasure thousands of miles overland to reach the supposed spot in the grand canyon.
I bet nobody supporting this idea ever thought of just want it would take to haul a treasure deep into the grand canyon. You can't sail up river, there's that whole giant rapids thing, which means they would have had to drag it all the way, in a land with no draft animals, and they certainly didn't have the ships capable of carrying horses or oxen such distances. It would take a whole fleet to support such an endeavor.
How could it be that this culture which dutifully documented all such things never left a record of the departure of such a grand fleet.
Aside from that how did they do such thing without the locals noticing. The native Americans explored every reachable nook and cranny of the canyon lands in their extensive history in the area.

It's all a giant load of hogwash

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Sorry...thanks. Somewhere along this story...was a part about a long tunnel coming out to the very top of a ridge after going thru these caves of Egyptian type artifacts and giants remains.

It went on to say that at the top of this mountain...when exiting that cave system...there appeared to be a BOAT dock...the remains of which were up a huge cliff as though to indicate sometime in the ancient past...water levels were at the TOP of the Grand Canyon where an ancient civilization docked boats up on the mountain top!

Bizarre, yes! It was associated somehow with this article in question and the EXPEDITIONS Magazine large reference book I have in my collection. Im going to look for the exact part and will post it back here when I do.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767

When Christopher Columbus (We know he was not the first and neither was Amerigo Vespuci) first encountered the south American tribe whom lived on what he called Hispaniola he noted that they were in possession of sea going vessels that had masts and were about the same size as his ships (so really small and scary on the Atlantic),. We tend to dismiss the possibility that just maybe the south American's were the ones visiting the Africa and Europe and not the other way around.
The claim that Egyptian find's had been made in the grand canyon has never been quantified and if real may have been a miss-identification of some native American relic's but to my knowledge none ever showed up for inspection and like so many claim's it has grown over time but that does not mean that a civilisation that lasted for thousand's of years never explored as I am sure they did, but did they make it to America?.

And if they did then did they ever make it back, the Egyptians were primarily river sailors and the Mediterranean though it can be really rough in bad weather is a different scale of difficult to the Atlantic, As far as the Pyramid connection go's, well there is no proof of any connection and while the Egyptian pyramids still hold mystery there is little or non in the south American one's though some were impressive feats of engineering the Andean irrigation canals and stone architecture is far more impressive.

Pyramids are a logical structure as they may evolve as Cairns were like a kid putting one block atop another they learned they could make something really big and impressive, gothic arches are light years ahead but would never stand the test of time so well.

edit on 27-6-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

Do you have a citation backing up your claim of ships with masts being used by the Arawak/Taino of 'Hispaniola" prior to Columbus' arrival? Everything I've ever read about them only mentioned the dugout canoes made by the Arawak and was rather specific in that this was the only type of transportation they had. The canoes were built from a single tree trunk and were large enough to go out in open sea and could carry 70-80 people but none had a mast and none were suited to trans-oceanic voyage, at least a purposeful trans-oceanic voyage. I think it is very likely that vessels from both sides of the atlantic were caught up in storms that eventually landed them on the opposite side of the ocean. I.E. Phoenicians for example likely ended up in the 'new world' and likewise it's equally possible that aboriginal Americans could have made land fall somewhere on the western coast of Africa or as far North as Morocco and as far South as South Africa.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

Researchers exploring the seafaring culture of the Maya

From May 23, 2011

This month, researchers from the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) are combing the eastern Mexican coast for remnants of the Maya civilization, which once boasted a rich and sophisticated seafaring tradition. The current expedition focuses on the ancient port city of Vista Alegre, located where the Caribbean meets the Gulf of Mexico at the northeastern tip of the Yucatan Peninsula. The remote island site is thought to have been an important harbor and maritime trade stronghold for intermittent periods of time between 800 B.C. and the mid-15th century.

Thus, yes, a sea faring tradition within the Maya culture is evident and has been at least examined to some extent.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Ancient metal clamps (TL Dendera Egypt, TR Angkor Wat Cambodia, BL Tiahuanaco, BR Ollantaytambo, Peru) [Hancock and Faiia, Heaven’s Mirror]

Common sense will tell you there is heritage connection of technical knowledge between Egyptian and Aztec Pyramid builders. The clamping arrangements they are use on the big stones are too closely identical to be a coincidence.

Additional information provided with these photographs explains show imprints of what must certainly be metal clamps intended to join these blocks of stone. Scanning electron microscope studies have revealed that the clamps were poured molten into the imprints, requiring a portable smelter, and a spectrographic analysis of a clamp found in Bolivia revealed that it contained 1.7% nickel, of which there is no source in Bolivia.

Full link to web page source below.

www.riaanbooysen.com...

edit on 27-6-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The Hopi writings speak of ant people, people with long necks and thin waists, that were moving rocks around in and around the grand canyon. They brought the Hopi people into the caves with them before the great flood hit and saved them. Ant people---caves.... Anunnaki--sounds like ancient Sumarian writings...Long necks...Egyptians tried to stretch their necks. Here is an article comparing some of this. www.care2.com... I feel that an ancient culture from the East was mining there long ago.

I studied the Hopi Indians quite a while ago. Good thread S&F

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Someone claimed to have found the cave:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join