It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Ison, the biblical connection, and our possible end

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostfreak1

Originally posted by libertytoall

Regardless of your own personal beliefs in religion or God, religious texts also serve as a historic record.

Except that historic record don't change with time... Religious doctrines does...

Science changes too. So does nature, it's called evolution..

historic records don't choose to portray someone as caucasian just to have more adepts to be able to identify to it (There was no caucasian people anywhere near nazareth when jesus is supposed to be born), etc...

Right.. So because Jesus is being portrayed as a white man in western culture you simply say Jesus and the rest of the bible never happened? How brilliant!

And despite what I said about sects, I'm fine with "everyone can believe what he wants", but I think this should stay "Underground". That would avoid much conflicts between religions and with atheists.

Most atheists conflict with themselves more than anyone or anything else. Do you have any idea how many scientists are hard at work on biblical subjects? Go tell someone who dug a sand pit for years that the relics they found represent a time in history that doesn't actually exist..

I have no problem with that kind of behaviour... I just have problems with people quoting the bible as facts or as proofs. They are not. They are part of fantasy + reassuring against the fatality, and part of highly distorded facts

You mean like climate models, comet models, prehistoric history, geology, and countless other scientific subjects that rely solely on theory and are proven wrong regularly?

And as long people will do so, I'll consider Religion as a problem for humanity. slowing it down, generating useless conflicts and hate, and justificating almost anything, even genocides.

There's not one religion that justifies genocide that hasn't been raped and manipulated by nonspiritual humans. Curious if you realize how much genocide can be directly linked to the contributions of science. Maybe in your ideal world we can all live in loincloths, build huts out of wood and leaves, and never speak to each other. Maybe then humanity won't be slowed down from things like science and religion amirite?

That's why I consider religions as obsolete for our current state of civilization. Not because religions themselves, but because of their most credule and unsuspiscious adepts.

I find the same about atheists. They have grown so much hatred for God and now anyone who believes there is a God they blind themselves from progressive logic. Either atheists appear to be incapable of dealing with the emotions of being accountable to a higher power and therefore have such hatred and loathing for anything or anyone that has to do with the bible or they must also find science itself a disgusting religion full of lama's.

Look into your hearts and seek love to guide and protect you. Reading the bible ins't necessary to have a personal relationship with the holy spirit. True religion of the universe is electrical and your emotions, thoughts, and actions are electrical. God will look into your hearts and minds. Live and love till the last day and love with all of your heart, That was the message Jesus left. When the holy spirit / holy shekina / God / Jesus falls upon you and looks into your soul and your thoughts, love is the ticket to eternity.

edit on 26-6-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

from Wiki

Hydroxyl

"Lunar and other extraterrestrial observations:

In 2009, India's Chandrayaan-1 satellite, NASA's Cassini spacecraft and the Deep Impact probe (the one the other poster was stating was the source for the fact of Hydroxyl detection in comet tails) have each detected the presence of water by evidence of hydroxyl fragments on the Moon. As reported by Richard Kerr, "A spectrometer (the Moon Mineralogy Mapper, aka "M3"), detected an infrared absorption at a wavelength of 3.0 micrometers that only water or hydroxyl—a hydrogen and an oxygen bound together—could have created."[1] NASA also reported in 2009 that the LCROSS probe revealed an ultraviolet emission spectrum consistent with hydroxyl presence.[2] The Venus Express orbiter has been continuously sending back Venus science data since April 11, 2006. Results from Venus Express include the detection of hydroxyl in the atmosphere."

Hydroxyl cannot exist on its own on Earth (with gravity). In a vacuum like space it certainly can and has been prooven to exist from numerous sources.

Now whether the effect of these molecules will be as the OP states is diffcult to agree with scientifically, but the presence of hydroxyl molecules in the comets coma is prooven as fact.

God Bless,

Hydroxyl refers to the functional group. What you are referring to hydrogen and oxygen bonded together 1:1 as in this H-O is called Hydroxide and is ionic and and would bond to Hydrogen in the upper atmosphere where Hydrogen is most abundant to form Di-Hydrogen Monoxide or water. What your article is mentioning is detecting is a Hydroxyl Radical which is the radical of the Hydroxide ion which will react to make molecular Hydrogen Carbon Monoxide Nitric Oxide and water. These are the basic building blocks for organic chemistry. We pass through the tails of comets all the time and we never notice a thing except a few shooting stars. Why is this one different? Why is this one going to kill us?
edit on 26-6-2013 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2013 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
"Science changes too. So does nature, it's called evolution.. "

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BriGuyTM90

from Wiki

Hydroxyl

In 2009, India's Chandrayaan-1 satellite, NASA's Cassini spacecraft and the Deep Impact probe (the one the other poster was stating was the source for the fact of Hydroxyl detection in comet tails) have each detected the presence of water by evidence of hydroxyl fragments on the Moon. As reported by Richard Kerr, "A spectrometer (the Moon Mineralogy Mapper, aka "M3"), detected an infrared absorption at a wavelength of 3.0 micrometers that only water or hydroxyl—a hydrogen and an oxygen bound together—could have created."[1] NASA also reported in 2009 that the LCROSS probe revealed an ultraviolet emission spectrum consistent with hydroxyl presence.[2] The Venus Express orbiter has been continuously sending back Venus science data since April 11, 2006. Results from Venus Express include the detection of hydroxyl in the atmosphere."

Hydroxyl cannot exist on its own on Earth (with gravity). In a vacuum like space it certainly can and has been prooven to exist from numerous sources.

Now whether the effect of these molecules will be as the OP states is diffcult to agree with scientifically, but the presence of hydroxyl molecules in the comets coma is prooven as fact.

God Bless,

Hydroxyl refers to the functional group. What you are referring to hydrogen and oxygen bonded together 1:1 as in this H-O is called Hydroxide and is ionic and and would bond to Hydrogen in the upper atmosphere where Hydrogen is most abundant to form Di-Hydrogen Monoxide or water. What your article is mentioning is detecting is a Hydroxyl Radical which is the radical of the Hydroxide ion which will react to make molecular Hydrogen Carbon Monoxide Nitric Oxide and water. These are the basic building blocks for organic chemistry. We pass through the tails of comets all the time and we never notice a thing except a few shooting stars. Why is this one different? Why is this one going to kill us?

Because of the trajectory and expected concentrations we will experience. I don't recall ever another comet that left dust trapped in our atmosphere to rain down on us for days. Has that ever happened? It seems this comet is a bit different. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BriGuyTM90

from Wiki

Hydroxyl

God Bless,

Because of the trajectory and expected concentrations we will experience. I don't recall ever another comet that left dust trapped in our atmosphere to rain down on us for days. Has that ever happened? It seems this comet is a bit different. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

OK what are the concentrations then? and yes it has Halleys comet and I'm sure many others and during Halleys comet it is estimated that nothing reached more than 100km from the ground. For your theory to have any scientific merit of producing an apocalyptic scenario. You would have to provide the concentrations of these compounds from ISON and compare them to the concentrations we have previously encountered and show that ISONs are astronomically larger. Until then this is all speculation and wild imaginations if not deliberate spreading of fear.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I'm not going to try and suger coat this and instead I'm going to cut to the chase. Earth is going to pass through comet Ison's tail in mid to late January of 2014. What's most disturbing is how wrong comet science has been over the last 3 decades. When the comet enters the habitable zone of the solar system it will be spewing off hydrogen, hydroxil, H2O, and Hydrogen Peroxide. Yes you heard me right. It will be raining not only hydrogen peroxide but the free radical hydrogen could ignite and rain fire. Hydrogen peroxide in concentrated amounts are used in rocket fuel.

The government would love to have you believe comets are big frozen ice balls with a little space dust mixed in but nothing could be further from the truth. Most if not all comets contain zero water yet produce hydrogen and water vapor trails behind them. This is because the rock formations of comets are littered with silicate based minerals which when bombarded by protons from the sun create all the hydrogen and H20 visible in the tail. This is groundbreaking science currently being studied yet all the falsified lessons of the past have yet to be pulled from textbooks.

So when this comets tail engulfs the earth prepare for the oceans and rivers to turn bitter and fire and brimstone to rain down on us. Not to mention we could see massive floods like int he days of Noah due to immense additional hydrogen and H20 being produced and flung at and into our atmosphere. Our magnetic field will not be able to function correctly when it's being bombarded from both sides.

This really could be the big one that ends 3/4 of all life on earth. Stay stocked and stay safe.

"Comparing the amount of gas needed for a normal comet to blow off dust at the rate observed for ISON, scientists estimate that the nucleus is roughly 3 miles (5 km) across, a typical size for a comet." ~ NASA's Swift Sizes Up ISON (ISON orbit video)

Earth is 24,901.55 miles across. That comet dust may put on a cool meteor shower but that's about it.
edit on 26-6-2013 by Phantasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This thread...

edit on 27-6-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Because of the trajectory and expected concentrations we will experience.

"expected concentrations"?
And what exactly are these "expected concentrations"?
I asked you this back on page 1, and you still havnt answered.

I don't recall ever another comet that left dust trapped in our atmosphere to rain down on us for days. Has that ever happened?

Happens all the time. It would be happening today.
This article from 2008 discusses this matter:

Astoundingly, about 40,000 tons of dust particles fall to Earth each year which originates from space "leftovers," mostly from disintegrating comets and asteroid collisions.

Andf the "blue clouds" that you're so worried about are also not unusual.
They are perfectly ordinary noctilucent clouds that probably occur every day somewhere on earth.
The only "unusual" thing relating to comet ISON is that there may be some caused by the micron sized particles given off this comet that create the clouds, as opposed to the other micron sized particles that cause noctilucent clouds on any other day of the year.

edit on 27-6-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

This would be really interesting except, we will not be passing through comet ISON's tail this year, or any year soon to be, it takes us what 21,000 years to make a single journey around our galaxy, and this comet will be passing close enough for us to view, but not close enough for us to pass through. It's also ground breaking science, that we do not follow the exact same orbit every year, as we are in fact chasing our sun as we orbit through our universe. The trail the comet will leave will not be met again until many years down the road.

Thanks though, it is ground breaking science that certain elements of a comets coma are not possible with out the close pass of an active star, but I suggest you leave your fringe electric universe theory at the door.

You've also left out an enormous key player known as the magnetosphere and the atmosphere of earth..

Earth doesn't just absorb every damn thing that passes it by, in fact it quite often repels random garbage that blows it's way, not to mention the solar winds that tend to obliterate most minute matter that stands in it's path..

Earth will not suddenly absorb mass amounts of hydrogen, water or any other element for that matter.

The bible is wrong, comet ISON will not play into the biblical prophecies in any remote way.

I am prepared to do battle with every thread after this fact in any relation to the bible, doomsday or any other insane prophecy. I will check back tomorrow and use real science, references and links to prove this. I am drunk right now, but could not pass this up. THE BIBLE HAS # ALL TO DO WITH ISON !!!!

FROM MY PHONE !!! Yeah, Hijinx paid money to say no.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

You need to read the thread before commenting as you are wrong

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Seeing as the origan poster has not provided ANY evidence shouldnt this be put in the Hoax bin?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
Seeing as the origan poster has not provided ANY evidence shouldnt this be put in the Hoax bin?

In view of the fact that plenty of posters have provided evidence contrary to the OP, yes, it should be put into the hoax bin.
But a mod would need to be alerted to this for it to happen.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Plenty of posters have validated half of what I've said as well! How is it a hoax if I've been stating all along the doom and gloom section is up for debate as NONE OF US KNOW FOR SURE.. The science behind the "what if," however, cannot be considered a hoax. You cannot tell people 2 + 2 equaling 4 is a hoax simply because I, the person posting it, havn't backed it up with a CNN article. I mean seriously?? Get real.. If I post a mathematical equation that you can't figure out that doesn't make it a hoax either. it simply means you don't have enough knowledge.. Also as far as the doom and gloom section, opinion can't be called a hoax. Do you need a definition of what a hoax is? I never said "______ IS GOING TO HAPPEN DEFINITIVELY." Are you suggesting the comet science I posted regarding comets not being giant snowballs of ice is a hoax or are you saying that when I stated my OPINION that it was a hoax? Maybe you should grow up or leave the house more often. One thing is for sure, you can stay out of this thread if you have nothing of value to add to the discussion.
edit on 27-6-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

I dare you to challenge the science I posted rather than sitting here blanketing 1,000 of my statements as hoaxes. Why don't you knit pick an example like I've asked dozens of others yet have failed to come forward with what specifically is a hoax?

I'll be waiting.

As a result of the ISON Comet, there is always the after effect of Earthquakes. Earthquake scientists say the highest predicted risk of (75%) for a major earthquake is from July 2013 to July 2014, with the greatest and most likely risk period being December 2013 into March 2014. 90 % risk of magnitude 6.4-8.0 Earthquake in California July 2013- June 2014. However, Earthquakes always take place two days after a CME flare. So, that would mean the greatest chance of Earthquake is December 28, 2013. Most scientists agree that the date that should be most significant is January 12-14 2014. This is the time the Earth will become immersed with the STAR DUST of ISON.

edit on 27-6-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I dare you to challenge the science I posted rather than sitting here blanketing 1,000 of my statements as hoaxes. Why don't you knit pick an example like I've asked dozens of others yet have failed to come forward with what specifically is a hoax?

I'll be waiting.

As it is YOUR post the burden is ON YOU to provide evidence to YOUR claim.

So far you have not linked or quoted from any source other than YOUR OWN OPINION. And your own opinion does not count as evidence.

Do you have a BSc in Astronomy or Chemistry? IF so do you have any published peer reviewed papers with your science explained? If so please show me and I will take your claim seriously.

Now I am a scientist. I'm a Microbiologist I am not really qualified to really to make statements on a subject like this. But I do know quite a bit of chemistry and can tell you most of the Chemicals ISON releases will be destroyed in our upper atmosphere. Those that don't? Well our atmosphere is so vast it will dilute it.

As for flooding? Get real even if the whole thing was made of water and broke up in our atmosphere and rained down it would no nothing but give us a wet winter. 2-5 Miles of water spread over the earth would be nothing in the grand scheme of things as more Ice melts each year in our polar regions.

Worst that will happen is a light show and maybe some satellites will get damaged.

The only way it could hurt us is if it Directly crashed into us.

Your claim so far is no different if I claimed pink unicorns were living on ISON and were going to rain down candy and lollipops on us.

Now accepting tickets for the Woo Woo train destination crazy town stops including la la land and Moron City.
edit on 27-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Awesome, thunderbolts releases a new documentary on what is most likely going with comets based on evidence they have complied over the last 5 years of observations and analysis of other experiments that have been performed by many space agencies......

What's the first thing that someone does with the information, that, even as they state is not complete and still under edit pending objections from other credible sources?

....they make a were all gunna die thread......

Thanks, for indirectly confirming what most people think of the EU lol.

Also you will notice that the response to your thread may be a bit extreme as we have been debating the validity of electric comet theory here: ATS Electric Comet

As I certainly see some repeat names....but really, as someone whole obviously agrees with alot of the information in the documentary, and can see the glaringly obvious lack of any real scientific thought after say 1994 as posted by many of the people in this thread.

"Comets don't create their own light, just reflect it from the sun" -that is a horrible statement and misleading. Comets do (sometimes) produce their own visible flares of light at very great distances from the sun.

I don't think we have adequate evidence from previous events to conclude that the water is going to taste bitter. The amount of charged ions produced will not exceed the total mass of ISON, I don't see how its small mass will effect the much larger earth to a point the my drinking water is going to taste bitter.

edit on 27-6-2013 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

Ha! Ha! Funniest thing I read all week.

I guess I would worry about new bacteria making people, animals, and plants sick. Wasn't the 1918 Spanish flu after a comet showed up?
edit on 27-6-2013 by frugal because: sp

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I heard about this comet on Coast to Coast AM. However what I find funny, well even more funny then the Religious folk and Atheist people arguing is the fact that Someone Used NASA Data (A U.S. Government Agency) as a basis for facts on what will happen, especially considering recent events!! LOL

My suggestion would be to find a outside source.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I lol'd at "like in the days of Noah"

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

The science behind the "what if,"

WTF does this mean.

So the science behind speculation would be a humans brain chemistry and how thoughts manifest?

I do not understand the science behind speculating, it sounds interesting could you maybe explain further
edit on 27-6-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join