It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ex facebooker

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I was on FB for about a week....after a 25 year class reunion compelled me to join.

A week was all I could take...It's too much personal info...I don't care when you went to the bathroom
or what you did while in there...

....took me two weeks to delete my account

ps...you can never log in again or your account is reactivated...by never, I mean NEVER

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
never got this facebook thing get a life people
way too much info it scares me

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm having fb withdrawal. Help!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Keep cool , there is nothing going on what makes you feel better.
Just focus on things that are important now.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Just know, that you are in many people's thoughts and prayers. We all wish you well. Get some sunshine if you can.

Des

edit on 26-6-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
I'm having fb withdrawal. Help!!!!!!
open your door and go outside it helps

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
We have never had a FB or twitter account and the only cell phone we own does just calls nothing else.....

No stress here as I know it.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Never had Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, none of them. Never will. Guess you can call me odd, that's fine, but never had the desire to. It seemed pretty immature, really.

Now, seeing all of the privacy issues related to social networking, and the latest "bug" they had, I am rather glad. There are so many other ways to keep in touch with people, so I don't buy into that excuse. We used Skype for gaming a long time ago, but once it got sold, I never used it again, either.

I was especially creeped out when I learned Facebook creates "shadow profiles" of people that have never created Facebook profiles. That's over the top. Complete with all their friends and contacts. Wow.

Let me give you a small example of why this is especially frightening.

Many years ago, we got a calling card for our landline. We never received it in the mail. We lived in an apartment complex with one of those little mailhouses, and there was always quite the crowd there in the evenings when people coming home from work were stopping by. It was ridiculous, the doors to entire sections would be swung open, mail on the ground, etc.

Well, one day, we were on our way out for a Saturday afternoon and we stopped at the mailboxes. My husband pulls out a 9 x 12 envelope about a half inch thick. When he got in the car, he handed it to me while he started driving. It was from the phone company.

Rather curious and confused, I opened the envelope and pulled out a phone BILL. Over 40 pages for one month, and the bill states, "Pay within 7 days to avoid interruption of service."

"Amount due: 30,590.00"

I shrieked. Oh, did I curse. I screamed, yelled, had a hissy fit. We made it to the other side of the mailboxes, as my husband hit the brakes on the car. Right next to the payphones. Two of them.

I leapt out of the car, and as I am on the phone with the phone company, I notice the first two numbers on the bill are the very pay phones I am standing at.

No, I didn't have to pay the bill. Over 30 countries were called using my calling card number, and the theif, I found out, lived in my apartmemt complex, and drove a Mercedes paid for in CASH. He was one of the ring leaders of a Nigerian smuggling ring that included employees I tracked down, and reported that worked at the IRS.

Turned out the FBI knew all about him, he turned over 300,000 a month in stolen credit cards, used the IRS to get stolen identities, and guess what? Nothing ever happened to him? The FBI said to me if they deported him, he would be back in the country in a week with a new ID.

Now, I am permenently linked to this group of people because I used my phone to track them down, investigate, and find out who they were.

The next month, because the phone company erred and failed to cut off the card, I got another bill for 10,000.00

Needless to say, I didn't pay that one either.

But, it begs the question, how many of those 30 countries was my phone number forever linked to, and how many watch lists was I put on? I don't fly, but I fear if I had to one day, I may not be able to.

See, they don't know, nor do they care, if the connections are legit. They just record the data. When you get friended by friends of friends of friends of friends, you know NOTHING about those people, their connections, and the troubles that could bring into your life.

Think of it as safe sex for the digital world. Remember, you sleep with someone, you sleep with everyone they wver zlwpt with, too. Same for Facebook.They poke you, they are poking you with fingers that you have NO idea where they have been.

edit on 26-6-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Good for you I quit close to a year ago. It was a 50-50 mix of politics vs privacy.

When I started to loathe relatives and friends who I cared a lot about, have fond memories of my childhood and were originally added because they were important to me....well I knew it was time to go.

I found out way more about them than I had wanted to know and probably vice/versa. Politics and friends/family don't mix at all. Plus when I first started using the like button and commenting on pages I had no clue that it would allow my friends to see EVERY move I made..I was a very vocal commenter on several pages during the beginning of the whole debate between Obama and Romney and I lost a couple of friends.

Oddly I seem to have replaced this site with facebook, lol. But since I have no past or present relationships of any kind with anyone on here... it's all good.

Hope everything gets better for you soon, sometimes all it takes is cutting out a little negativity to make all the difference in the world.

edit on 26-6-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join