It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I also have ascended

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loveaduck

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by Manula

You shouldn't be mocking things you don't understand...

I guess this is a mock thread reply on a "I have ascended" thread...

I see you over simplified some concepts from there and are making fun of it.

Anyway...you could perhaps explain why you think it's rubbish (which you obviously do). Then we would have something to debate here...

Right? What's the matter with people? I didn't know you could use the forum to lash back at people or opinions you neither like or understand. I guess this place is a little more like so many other forums out there dealing with controversial subjects than I initially thought. Like why didn't this OP add his thoughts to the ongoing thread? This seems like a desperate, rather pathetic cry for attention. Maybe he or she was afraid of being over looked in the other thread this appears to be mocking. I don't know but I know everyone that posts on these things is not an adult and that might contribute to the childishness that results. Pity because it is a waste of time, reading and brain power for everyone else who becomes involved in the petty sniping.

Keep calm, this is a comedy thread, i used to try the non-duality approach but i didn't like it.

Its strange and unrealistic not being allowed to like or dislike... It didn't work out for me.

I don't mind some negative thoughts and feelings, they challenge me to transform them into positive thoughts and feelings.

I prefer the negative to positive approach, i find it more realistic (for me, but i respect other opinions).

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Good luck with the 'Pandoras Box' you opened

You clearly hadn't realized the high percentage of 'humour bypass' on ATS ... some of them really just don't get it and get quite annoyed by any attempts at humour not realizing that to be able to laugh at yourself is a miraculous medicine.

I think there was a need for this parallel thread ... thank-you (it made me smile).

Woody

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
With actual as ascension you don't feel indifference.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

so one of the crabs has escaped the cooking pot
and you are compelled to drag him back in.

what a fine, upstanding citizen you are!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula

Keep calm, this is a comedy thread, i used to try the non-duality approach but i didn't like it.

Its strange and unrealistic not being allowed to like or dislike... It didn't work out for me.

You say 'not allowed' as if someone is forcing you to feel and behave a certain way. No, you're 'allowed' to have preferences but the attaching to a certain side of the scale (which every ego does) is what causes the problems.

I don't mind some negative thoughts and feelings, they challenge me to transform them into positive thoughts and feelings.

I prefer the negative to positive approach, i find it more realistic (for me, but i respect other opinions).

I don't know whose philosophy you were following, but if you were being told to reject your negative feelings than I understand why you dropped it. Any sane Buddhist would tell you to embrace all of your feelings, but not to attach or identify with them... becoming the witness instead of the victim/victor.

There's no boredom or apathy in this practice, but loving acceptance and compassion for every feeling that arises. Not chasing 'positive' feelings and avoiding 'negative' ones. That attachment to the outcome is what causes us to suffer.
edit on 26-6-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I was laughing pretty hard at some of the posts. I do genuinely appreciate this attempt at humor regarding what has come dangerously close to a default Skunk Works topic.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You haven't ascended. Nobody that is alive today has ascended. If you had you would have vanished from this place. Ascension is a process brought on by the universe not some meditative state of understanding you bring yourself to.. Sorry to ruin your party.. You may be more prepared for ascension but you haven't ascended friend. Feel free to keep trying though.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Who are you to tell someone they are not ascending?? This could just be the beginning of the awakening. Ascension hes multiple steps.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

You would think humor is only reachable from a meditative, universe brought on state. The OP was joking. A big joke. Everyone calm down.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

You haven't ascended. Nobody that is alive today has ascended. If you had you would have vanished from this place. Ascension is a process brought on by the universe not some meditative state of understanding you bring yourself to.. Sorry to ruin your party.. You may be more prepared for ascension but you haven't ascended friend. Feel free to keep trying though.

But you don't even know! I am assended. Ass-ended. The top end, to be precise. It even farts occasionally when I try to think.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by boorabbit
Who are you to tell someone they are not ascending?? This could just be the beginning of the awakening. Ascension hes multiple steps.

Just as someone has the right to say "Hey look, I've ascended" others have just as much right to say "No, you didn't." Last time I checked the internet was a place to state your views else the Gestapo would have just busted in your door and taken you away for stating yours.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

You might want to check on your cat. It looks like it's having constipation seizures.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

You might want to check on your cat. It looks like it's having constipation seizures.

Nah......I've just been listening to "Rumpshaker" again!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

That's the perfect opening line to so many awesomely inappropriate jokes, I think I might burst! Wouldn't wanna give Granny a heartache anyway, might as well shut up now. >.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

.....am i an ego maniac for that?

Maybe. Maybe not. I dunno. It doesn't matter..

reply to post by AfterInfinity

At the very least, whoever is holding that camera should seriously consider moving over a bit further to the left. It doesn't look too safe back there in the direct line of fire. The ammo will probably spread in a way that is similar to shotgun pellets.

edit on 6/26/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

reply to post by woodwytch

I was laughing pretty hard at some of the posts. I do genuinely appreciate this attempt at humor regarding what has come dangerously close to a default Skunk Works topic.

Exactly
and at least we know that the ones who are so upset are not yet ascended otherwise they wouldn't care and would not feel obliged to comment ... so the thread is actually a bit of a yardstick for them with which to measure their progress and help them to try harder in their quest.

Woody

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Isittruee

I tried to transcend duality but i didn't like it.

I want to be able to like, to say something is good... i want to feel good....

That makes absolutely no sense. Transcendence isn't the opposite of 'Feeling good' and 'liking'. I don't know where anyone gets the idea, that transcending the mind equals being an empty, non emotional corpse.

edit on 26-6-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

That makes absolutely no sense. Transcendence isn't the opposite of 'Feeling good' and 'liking'. I don't know where anyone gets the idea, that transcending the mind equals being an empty, non emotional corpse.

I think I know what Manula was trying to say: in transcending duality, sentiments like "good" and "bad" become meaningless in the same way that your right hand and your left hand become indistinguishable. Each is just as useful and necessary as the other, and so they balance out. When you transcend duality, you perceive unity. All things are indistinguishable from one another as you perceive them as being components of a single, synchronous entity or system in which all elements interact according to principles determined by the general function of said entity or system. In short, the car becomes more than wheels, engine, transmission, fuel tank, axels, chassis, windows, radio, etc. It becomes a mode of transportation.

I hope that helps.

ETA: I would like to point out that a "unified perspective" is not helpful for the human condition as we are obviously not designed for a "unified experience". Perhaps it would be more productive to observe unity from an individual perspective to better understand a unified experience when we actually achieve it. Unity and individuality are both existent in any coherent system or entity, each to a degree variant depending on how close you are looking. I feel that perhaps understanding the individual nature of the micro helps to emphasize the unified nature of the macro in detailing how every piece is important, relevant, and essential to the puzzle as a whole.

Yet another application of the great and wonderful Yin/Yang.
edit on 26-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

AI strikes again with his profound knowledge and intellect, in spite of his lack of experience or understanding. It's a bit paradoxical, but hey, who am I to judge?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think the OP has ascended. I mean think about it.

Just like God.

No feelings.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join