It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

right-wing supreme court cancelled the 50 yr old voter rights act today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I live an hour from Houston. I watched it on the local news. News crews were already there long before the police. They were acting BAD!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Sure racism exists, always will to some degree or another. But it is largely a tool these days for the left. The left needs it to exist.

The issues you bring up, the voter machines, could the issue be due to financial constraints? These 10,000 minorities could be in districts that lack funding due to low tax revenues for their area. More of an economic problem than a racial one perhaps. Instead of crying racist! maybe they could organize and petition local government to put more in place... unions are a good lobby to use for this. These areas though, keep in mind have a tendency for low voter turn-out. So the lack of machines could be based on previous years voting records. Some things to keep in mind before turning in the "race card".

If the motive turns out to indeed be a white supremacist plot:

The laws are in place, racial discrimination is illegal. Even after this evil right wing scotus decision. The best move for these oppressed minorities is to bring the injustice to light, and get it rectified.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150

And voter intimidation in Philadelphia in 2008 where they posted members at polling places with ballbats and carried out blatant voter intimidation... when the lawsuits were filed against the new Black Panthers, Mr. Holder dismissed the claims outright...

Read the news. Look it up. It's all documented.

edit on 25-6-2013 by madmac5150 because: Cosmic indifference

here is your black panther movement
www.slate.com...
amazing how this starts here and ends here..... but to you this is nation wide, instead at this one polling place that is a rest home?
edit on Tue Jun 25 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by caterpillage
reply to post by jimmyx

Sure racism exists, always will to some degree or another. But it is largely a tool these days for the left. The left needs it to exist.

The issues you bring up, the voter machines, could the issue be due to financial constraints? These 10,000 minorities could be in districts that lack funding due to low tax revenues for their area. More of an economic problem than a racial one perhaps. Instead of crying racist! maybe they could organize and petition local government to put more in place... unions are a good lobby to use for this. These areas though, keep in mind have a tendency for low voter turn-out. So the lack of machines could be based on previous years voting records. Some things to keep in mind before turning in the "race card".

The laws are in place, racial discrimination is illegal. Even after this evil right wing scotus decision. The best move for these oppressed minorities is to bring the injustice to light, and get it rectified.

or...maybe they could take some of those voting machines from the white wealthy areas, so as to NOT RAISE any additional taxes....maybe the low-voter turnout has something to do with not having enough voting machines, or not having minority candidates running for the election, or, making sure that every person, black, white, latino, Asian, has the proper ID's to vote....oh sorry!.....that's would be the morally American patriotic thing to do.........

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I hate to tell you, but it's not just in one area. Quanell X, the leader of the New Black Panther Party in Houston is all over southeast Texas. Every time there's any kind of high profile anything involving black folks he and a band of his followers are there raising Hell whether the folks in the situation are in the right or in the wrong- he always makes it about race. While that is good if the situation actually IS about racial discrimination it's not good when race has nothing to do with any of it.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yes this is racist. This is just the latest voter suppression out of hundreds that have been perpetrated over the last decade or so. This last election had many horrific examples such as cutting the time for early voting in democratic districts. Now it will be even more corrupt.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Yes this is racist. This is just the latest voter suppression out of hundreds that have been perpetrated over the last decade or so.

Seriously ?

Tell us another 'story' because the reality is quite different hell even dead people vote these days

Pay attention to this link especially:

www.statisticbrain.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

marylandreporter.com...

www.npr.org...

darinscott.blogspot.com...

So what 'voter suppression' I say agian, what 'voter supression' happens in this country?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Yes this is racist. This is just the latest voter suppression out of hundreds that have been perpetrated over the last decade or so. This last election had many horrific examples such as cutting the time for early voting in democratic districts. Now it will be even more corrupt.

gees, finally...someone that knows about this, and the repercussions that will come. too many reasonable people have left this site, or simply have left this "political madness" board to the right-wingers. it's time for me to move on

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
marylandreporter.com...

seems like these were in rest homes and involved republican voter rolls. and they found 4 votes that were cast

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

this website shows the breakdown of votes by ethnicity

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

what 'voter suppression' I say agian, what 'voter supression' happens in this country?

Are you lying, or are you truly that ignorant? There is massive voter suppression by the GOP and has been for years, while voter fraud is something like 0.5%- statistically meaningless.

Last-minute onslaught of tricks aims to confuse voters

www2.ljworld.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
www.npr.org...

this shows that dead people have not been reported as being "deceased" to their local voter registers office

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
darinscott.blogspot.com...

and this is a right-wing blogger, that provides no proof of his outlandish rantings

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Strict voter ID laws sound like a winner to me.

you'd think so wouldn't you - and yet the Texas ones, for example, seem to be deliberately gerrymandered in terms of opening hours and locations so as to make it as difficult as possible for Hispanics to get such an ID:

In March 2012, the Justice Department objected to Texas’ voter identification law, finding that under certain data sets “Hispanic registered voters are more than twice as likely as non-Hispanic registered voters to lack such identification,” and that the locations and hours of license offices made it difficult for many Hispanics to attain that identification.
- source

IMO voter ID is a necessity - but fairly blatant attempts to make it difficult for particular groups to get such ID are anti-democratic - not pro-democratic - anything that works against ALL legitimate voters being able to vote is something that dictatorships like to have - not democracies!

The cries of racism loose their strength more and more, soon maybe those that keep racism alive for political gain will die out and we can move forward as one.

The way to quell cries of racism is to make legitimate ID easy for all classes and sections of society to obtain.
edit on 25-6-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

what 'voter suppression' I say agian, what 'voter supression' happens in this country?

Are you lying, or are you truly that ignorant? There is massive voter suppression by the GOP and has been for years, while voter fraud is something like 0.5%- statistically meaningless.

Last-minute onslaught of tricks aims to confuse voters

www2.ljworld.com...

Yeah someone is lying and the currnet potus the 2 term says who

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Strict voter ID laws sound like a winner to me.

you'd think so wouldn't you - and yet the Texas ones, for example, seem to be deliberately gerrymandered in terms of opening hours and locations so as to make it as difficult as possible for Hispanics to get such an ID:

IMO voter ID is a necessity - but fairly blatant attempts to make it difficult for particular groups to get such ID are anti-democratic - not pro-democratic - anything that works against ALL legitimate voters being able to vote is something that dictatorships like to have - not democracies!

The way to quell cries of racism is to make legitimate ID easy for all classes and sections of society to obtain.
edit on 25-6-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

Hispanics, by race have a different time schedule than other races? I was not aware of this. This injustice must end! Seriously though, I would have to know more details on this before giving it any credit.

edit on 25-6-2013 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
OP has got to be one of the most incoherent rantings about nonsense I've ever seen.

who in their right mind is against showing an id to vote? i have to show my id to buy spray paint for gods sake. SPRAY PAINT, and you think anybody should just be allowed to vote because you think minorities are too stupid to get an id? nice. typical liberal attitude. and the only reason people dont want to have to show ids is because those people are liberal dems who know they will lose a portion of their voter base.

and the lack of voting machines sure didnt stop several districts full of minorities to vote 100% for obama in the last election, i beleive some were actually over 100% turnout too. man, so suppressed!

and if they want more voter machines, maybe they should try paying taxes in those districts instead of being largely welfare/govt assistance communities? maybe when they pay taxes they can do more participation in govt affairs? though, that is somewhat a diff issue all together. not to stray, but i firmly believe you shouldnt be allowed to vote if youre on govt assistance with exceptions for military, elderly on social security (they worked to put into it, they earned it, they deserve it). i also think you should be a property owner to vote in your district. too long have the selfish and needy got to determine how MY tax dollars are spent when it doesnt benefit me in the slightest.

anyways. i see op location is cali. that explains a lot. figures somebody from a failing state would rant about how others should run their states. cause you know, clearly cali voters are super smart with their elections and decisions. thats why theyre all doing so well.

i will say though, im pumped about this amnesty immigration bill to pass. ive always wanted to go to mexico and visit for a while. pick up some taco stamps (soft of course, not the american hard taco crap), maybe visit some hospitals free of charge (free to me!), get a car and drive around with no license or insurance, then sue them for discrimination after i get drunk and crash into something. discrimination AND they didnt have the signs in english for me! wtf, am i supposed to know spanish or something? yeah right, stupid brown racist! also, i hear they LOVE, just ABSOLUTELY LOVE people burning and insulting their mexican flags while waving ole glory in their face. ive got plenty of flags stocked up, so i should be good to go. hell, maybe ill even stay long enough to have some kids to enroll in their schools while i hang out in my govt paid for apartment and eat my govt paid for food. also, ill probably need a new phone, so i am assuming they are going to give me a couple. just waiting on this immigration bill to pass!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

reply to post by jimmyx

or...maybe they could take some of those voting machines from the white wealthy areas, so as to NOT RAISE any additional taxes....maybe the low-voter turnout has something to do with not having enough voting machines, or not having minority candidates running for the election, or, making sure that every person, black, white, latino, Asian, has the proper ID's to vote....oh sorry!.....that's would be the morally American patriotic thing to do.........

Sure, we could take some machines from the "white" wealthy areas. And I'm sure you're on the right track that the low voter turn out is just due to a lack of machines and not general apathy. And, if every-single-american-citizen, was issued an ID card, you would then be happy. Cool, me too.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by jimmyx

black panthers??... really?.... a defunct group from 50 years ago?....

Don't you watch the news? This last presidential election the new Black Panthers were bringing in people by the bus loads in Houston, which is good- but then they started shoving people out of the way and assaulting folks to push the people they brought to the front of the line....a good many of which weren't even registered to vote. They were threatening people and acting ugly and the police had to be called to get them to stop.

And Philly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join