It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural phenomenon - the sky is pink in japan!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This is one of the rare natural wonders, the sky is determined by the color of light that are scattered throughout the solar atmosphere (the air around the earth). When the red light spreads, the sky was red. When we look at the sky our eyes perceive light being scattered throughout the atmosphere. Blue light is generally scattered by gases oxygen and nitrogen, the two types that most diamtmosfir gas content.

Oxygen and nitrogen do not scatter light red and pink, while the other particles such as water, dust, and pollution can. Partikel2 this which spread the light pink or red, so that the sky was shades of red and pink.

So .. when the sun came through a lot of particles (water, pollution, and dust) in conjunction with the spread of blue light, it makes the sky appear red or pink. It often happens when the air in a very polluted, when the air contains a lot of water or dust, this phenomenon often occurs in the morning or evening .. maybe the ladies will just love this celestial phenomenon ..

edit on 25-6-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
すごい すばらしい

見てにピンク 天空

非常に美しい

!! ^_^ !!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
FUKISHIMA!!!

Nuff said!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
すごい すばらしい

見てにピンク 天空

非常に美しい

!! ^_^ !!

もちろん先生のはい..この現象は、世界で非常にまれです。

i use google transslate hehehe

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
FUKISHIMA!!!

Nuff said!

do you mean radioaktive sky sir? i dont think so..

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
FUKISHIMA!!!

Nuff said!

Nah, I think radiation is invisible. I'll have to check with the microwave, but I don't remember seeing pink air coming out of it.

So..

More to be said..

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I like it!

Pink is my favorite color.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

nergy is emitted from the sun at a range of wavelengths. When this energy encounters the earth's atmosphere four processes affect which wavelengths reach the Earth's surface. The sun's energy can be 1) transmitted; 2) absorbed; 3) reflected or 4) scattered.

More importantly what happens to one wavelength does not necessarily happen to the others. For instance, most of the ultraviolet wavelengths from the sun are absorbed by ozone in the upper atmosphere and never reach Earth. However most of the energy in the visible wavelengths is transmitted through the atmosphere. Similarly, visible wavelengths can be transmitted through a glass windowpane.

What we perceive as colors is actually different wavelengths of visible light. Blue light has a shorter wavelength than red light. As visible light travels through the atmosphere, it is scattered by air molecules and tiny impurities (such as dust particles) that are suspended in the air.

Source

and:

As the path that sunlight takes through our atmosphere increases in length, ROYGBIV encounters more and more atmospheric particles. This results in the scattering of greater and greater amounts of yellow light. During sunset hours, the light passing through our atmosphere to our eyes tends to be most concentrated with red and orange frequencies of light. For this reason, the sunsets have a reddish-orange hue. The affect of a red sunset becomes more pronounced if the atmosphere contains more and more particles. The presence of sulfur aerosols (emitted as an industrial pollutant and by volcanic activity) in our atmosphere contributes to some magnificent sunsets (and some very serious environmental problems).

Source

For the reasons of why the sky goes red or pink to begin with. If you're wondering.

(It's not aliens.
)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

ohh thank you for the information .. very unusual indeed this phenomenon .. for alien, the earth is a living alien planet.. "alien, alien"

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Honto ne .Totemo kirei !

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII

Honto ne .Totemo kirei !

aahhhhhhhh i can't translate it into google translate..

i only know tatome kirei = beauty

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
すごい すばらしい

見てにピンク 天空

非常に美しい

!! ^_^ !!

Yeah thats easy for you to say mate!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

It's very hard for me to use fonts in here,so I posted it in romanji ,but its also Japanese .
I basically agreed with the post I replied to , and said it was beautiful .
Wish I could have seen it in person

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Couple of weeks ago here in Scotland Not only was the Sky Pink but everything outside from where i was looking was Pinkish..ie..Roads..Trees...etc....one of the best Sunsets ever...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Sakura skies! Beautiful!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is a Natural phenomenon? . Back in the 90s sight seeing such an phenomenon was an rare sight seeing still its nice to see the pictures of it. Thanks for sharing it.

edit on 26-6-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
reply to post by cheesy

It's very hard for me to use fonts in here,so I posted it in romanji ,but its also Japanese .
I basically agreed with the post I replied to , and said it was beautiful .
Wish I could have seen it in person

use a website called input king!
it allows you to type in romaji, and select the kana or kanji as required!

i miss japan!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It is very unusual and beautiful
And yet it gives me an uneasy feeling.
A very uneasy feeling.
Peace
FreeFalling

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Oh pollution

How beautiful

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I miss Japan too ! So much !
I am on a cell phone . I can just type out romanji ,and if I want fonts I can use Jim Breen ,but a romanji translator would be nice ! Thank you .
Did you live or visit ?
I lived in Tokyo for about 3 years ,and I went back and forth before that . I went the first time in 1991 .
I studied aikido at Hombu dojo in Shinjuku .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join