It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*VID* California Liberty Preservation Act (Nullify NDAA) unanimously passes Senate Public Safety Com

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
After passing the California Assembly with a near UNANIMOUS VOTE (only one against), it is on its way to the California senate but first things first, the Senate Public Safety committee votes in favor unanimously. Now it is on to a full Senate vote.

arc.asm.ca.gov...

A.B. 351 would prohibit California authorities from complying with sections 1021 and 1022 of the NDAA. Both of these statutes violate the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Eight, and Fourteenth Amendments of the United States Constitution.

“A.B. 351 will preserve Californian’s rights from a government that has grown far beyond its morally or Constitutionally justifiable authority,” Assemblyman Donnelly said, “We cannot allow the federal government to unilaterally strip us of our rights.”

It is also good to note, the assemblyman that introduced this bill, Tim Donnelly, is running for Governor of California, is a Republican, previously voted for Ron Paul in the 2012 California Primaries and has a Ron Paul supporter as his legislative director.

Video from today's vote (June 25, 2013) at the California Senate Public Safety Committee.

If you want to see how Nullification of NDAA Indefinite Detention is doing via the "Liberty Preservation Act", click this link to view progress across the country where this legislation is hitting critical mass.

tracking.tenthamendmentcenter.com...

A little bit off topic but I just saw this video and thought what Donnelly did was very brave. He rejected a 5% government pay raise that the California legislature voted for themselves, despite the state being in such a financial deficit....

edit on 25-6-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Cool post. Good on them. Question: If every state did so would it not render the Federal gov't irrelevant in these matters?
Will we see States further distancing themselves from questionable infringements through State legislation?
edit on 25-6-2013 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Sounds like the ideals a Republican should have. Someone should make this guy president. Oh wait...

That's the problem, people like this don't get bought out and propped up for presidency.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
Cool post. Good on them. Question: If every state did so would it not render the Federal gov't irrelevant in these matters?
Will we see States further distancing themselves from questionable infringements through State legislation?
edit on 25-6-2013 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

Yea we are already seeing state nullification on issues like ndaa, marijuana, Obamacare...and others. Day by day the federal gov is losing credibility and with it, its iron grip on the American people.
edit on 25-6-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Really would not hold California up as the beacon of 'liberty'

Considering their other totalitarian laws.

Yep California hypocrisy.

California Liberty Preservation act!!!!

edit on 25-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Really would not hold California up as the beacon of 'liberty'

Considering their other totalitarian laws.

Yep California hypocrisy.

California Liberty Preservation act!!!!

Its only one name for one piece of legislation.

Chill out.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Pretty hard to 'chill out' considering Calrfornia;'s iron grip around the second amendment,

IF they were consistent I'd have no problems.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Pretty hard to 'chill out' considering Calrfornia;'s iron grip around the second amendment,

IF they were consistent I'd have no problems.

Your argument makes no sense, nobody is claiming California is the "beacon of liberty". The word liberty in this case is only used for the legislation that is nullifying indefinite detention clauses of NDAA 2012. Why are you confusing yourself?

Also...nobody is talking about the second amendment here.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Your argument makes no sense, nobody is claiming California is the "beacon of liberty".

Sure it does------>California liberty preservation act think it would actually protect liberty not just for one issue but others.

Or do they need multiplr liberty preservation acts?

Why are you confusing yourself?

Think California is the ones who are confused.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Your argument makes no sense, nobody is claiming California is the "beacon of liberty".

Sure it does------>California liberty preservation act think it would actually protect liberty not just for one issue but others.

Or do they need multiplr liberty preservation acts?

Why are you confusing yourself?

Think California is the ones who are confused.

Wow, you're impossible.

Back to the topic at hand, when you're ready to discuss nullification of indefinite detention or Tim Donnelly, you're welcomed...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Ok

Here hoorah for California!!!!

Where a person can't be 'indefinitely detained' just their firearms can be indefinitely detained!

Better?

Sorry there I know some people see 'separate issues' but every issue has multiple faces is still the same at their core.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Wow...

Im actually surprised... With the way California usually does things, I would have expected them to run in the opposite direction than this.

Maybe there is hope after all.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Not really, I would be surprised to see what they are ghosting through to strip us of next. The N.D.A.A would only hamper California's ability to indefinitely detain people for their own gain. They will strip the N.D.A.A so California can arrest them, Fine them, and put them in the poster child of a failed criminal justice system.

I live in California, I see how they treat people. I see how they arrest people, fine them until they can't pay than keep them in the system. It's California cash cow, why stop sucking that golden tit?

On a side note, I agree the weapon ban's here in California have failed, I still see the same amount of weapons, problem is now only the criminals have better weapons than Joe Everyman. Them and the police, but there is not much of a difference these days.

As so much of the Military's strength here in California anyways, I would like to see them do any thing about it other than in name. Won't happen, they always make a big hurrah than tow the party line.
edit on 26-6-2013 by Reaper2137 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

The NDAA is Federal, not state.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Reaper2137

The NDAA is Federal, not state.

I know, they don't want to compete with the federal government, I thought I made that clear lol..

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

That is the valid question everyone is asking and if more and more states take up the issue and rally against the Federal Government then precedent will be set and things can change. It takes more than a single state though. It takes informed citizens and proper State government representation to push the issue and then the down the road there is new pavement for repeal/nullification on the Federal level.

Can it happen? Yes it can. Will it happen? Only we the people can decide to make it happen.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

I guess we shouldn't hold our breath then. The way Ron Paul was passed up and thrown to the wolves is totally telling. He was your once in a life time "Beacon of Liberty". I guess ignorance is bliss.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

Ignorance? One could say that having such a dismissive and forgoing fo such pursuits is evidence in itself of ignorance but that would be rude for me to generalize another person's views wouldn't it? I get that people are hesitant and feel like they have no chance. I have been there. But giving up and allowing it to happen is wel beyond ignorance. It comes down to more than one man as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Check out the link I posted in the OP for progress of nullification initiatives being taken up across the country. NDAA nullification is not only happening in California but in many other states as well.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Indeed and it's a proper start in the right direction. With a solid Grass roots movement and people contacting there representatives and getting petitions going things can change. Not over night but we have a chance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join