It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Terrifyiying New Jersey home invasion is caught on homeowner's nanny cam"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
In states like Texas you have fewer home invasion. and its not just about using a gun to protect your self.

Its about the fear that the criminal has that he may break into a home with a armed home owner and get shot dead.

Criminal in new jersey have little to fear unlike criminal in Texas.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
That is too bad the video has been "Carefully edited". The editing made the event appear as a personal attack versus a random invasion robbery. The man clearly appears familiar with the interior layout of the home.

But it's all speculation. Because of careful editing.

I am very surprised she was not hurt more. My Aunts husband beat her and each time her bones were broken, her jaw was broken many times and she was a large 6 ft woman
This man seemed to have a personal anger at the Woman, they don't mention him raping her which under these conditions I would think a stranger thug would have done.
The child seems used to this kind of thing as I know from experience normally a child that age runs and hides not just stays still.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think I'm gonna start carrying at all times.....and if I cant do it legally i will do it illegally.

Might trade my Browning12 guage for an AA12

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

So, basically it's her fault for not owning a gun?

How insensitive.

Thanks for that. I am officially anti-gun.

I'd rather die than to use a video like that to push a pro-gun agenda.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by applesthateatpeople
reply to post by kimish

How insensitive.

I would say I wish she had a firearm and none of this would have happened, but that just opens the door for 100s of other hypothetical situations... These events already transpired and we can only hope and pray that people like him are brought to justice.

That said I hate guns, but I hate the thought of not being able to protect my wife and child more.
While I really dread the thought of using my firearm to stop someone, I would not be able to live with myself if I was unable to defend the things I love because I was to snobbish to own a firearm.
edit on 26-6-2013 by overratedpatriotism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by applesthateatpeople
reply to post by kimish

How insensitive.

Wow, are your panties in a bunch? I never said it was her fault for not owning a gun. Re-read what I posted.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Dayymm! He didnt let up! Looks like he's hit women before and doesnt have a problem with it! That should narrow down the man hunt! Hope they catch him soon! Hope he gets the bad kind of cops.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

the guy is not wearing a mask? seems a little suspicious to me... maybe she cut his nookie off and decided to bed another black man behind her husbands back?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by kimish

the guy is not wearing a mask? seems a little suspicious to me... maybe she cut his nookie off and decided to bed another black man behind her husbands back?

I guess he has every reason to be breaking into her house then and beating her in front of her kid...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

how do we know he's not an acquaintance? I'd think she'd have to tell the hubby something when he got home with her face looking all the way it did.

edit on 26-6-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Originally posted by emberscott

.....The man clearly appears familiar with the interior layout of the home.
What exactly is this↑conclusion based on?

Are you referring to the part when he opened the basement door, and then pushed her down the stairs?

Since that particular door is clearly directly below the stairs which lead to the 2nd floor, it could have been only one of two things: It was either a closet or a basement, either of which would have been viewed(through his eyes) as a logical location to shove her into.

reply to post by SisyphusRide

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Maybe he didn't have a mask. If she had been cheating on her husband with this guy, it's highly likely that he would've already known about the video camera.

edit on 6/26/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
An arrest has been made.
Nannycam suspct arrested

Apparently this guy has made a habit of entering the homes of others.

Shawn Custis, 42, was caught on a nanny cam kicking and punching a woman before running off with her valuables, according to authorities. A neighbor of Custis’ girlfriend at Dyckman Houses in NYC says the alleged attacker twice walked into her apartment. ‘I walked out into my living room, and he was just standing there … Why would he just walk into my home like that? He gave me the creeps.’

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

That's a good point with the guns but I don't think she had a moment to get a gun even if she had one (the one bad thing...when locked up ... time is needed). I got robbed just a couple weeks ago (all from outdoors thank god). It is so important to have protection but I run into this thought - what to do if you can't get to your gun.

I know that area of Jersey. Ill bet this is this is about drugs. That guy was tweeking. Another thing drug addicts do in the streets is wonder at night looking for targets. They see an opportune moment they just start beating on you and take all you have. I cant remember the name used for this ritual at this moment. One man was beaten with a baseball bat to a bloody pulp and the perps only got 7.00 in cash. Of course that was in New York but you can never be too careful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join