It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Terrifyiying New Jersey home invasion is caught on homeowner's nanny cam"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This is disgusting and disturbing. A woman, at home with her children, was robbed and beat in front of her 3 year old child. The robber proceeded to beat the woman in front of the child while another, younger child slept upstairs, Thankfully.

Hopefully this animal gets caught and faces a lot of time. The poor child, having witnessed the brutal attack, maybe scarred for life. Thankfully nobody was killed.

I think this is a case where had the woman been armed with a gun, the attack wouldn't have happened. Just flashing a gun could be enough of a deterrent to scare a criminal away. Also, having a gun could've prevented that family from the trauma that they are undoubtedly suffering through.

www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 25-6-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

No Video OR Comment. .. .

What the Hell is with that .. ?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hello? Anybody home?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

[*SNIP*]My pinky was quick to hit the enter button.

I think that instances like this are more common place than we'd like to think. I think occurrences like this will become more and more common place because, let's face it, the economy in the U.S. isn't getting any better, prices for goods are rising and more and more people are hard up for money.

Thankfully the nanny cam was in place where it was so the perp can be identified more easily.
edit on 25-6-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/25/2013 by AshleyD because: Mod Edit: Removed inappropriate remarks.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm seeing stills from the incident in the link, but I can't see any video. To determine whether a gun on her hip would have been helpful, I'd like to know how much time she had from the door being kicked in to when her attacker entered the room.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Your right that this is becoming pretty common. That is why so many in my area taking up arms. Just for instances like this. There are allot of people waiting just so they can legally shoot someone.

It has happened here dozens of times this year already.

I know the economy is bad, but Most of these criminals have Never done an honest days work regardless of how the economy is.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

IF you scroll down a little further on the link the video is posted under the still pics.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
That is too bad the video has been "Carefully edited". The editing made the event appear as a personal attack versus a random invasion robbery. The man clearly appears familiar with the interior layout of the home.

But it's all speculation. Because of careful editing.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

IF you scroll down a little further on the link the video is posted under the still pics.

I found them eventually, but thanks. Neither video shows the entire sequence of events, so I still have my doubts about how useful a gun being within reach would have been. The slightest hesitation on her part would have likely put a gun into the hands of a violent thug and the indications are that would have ended up far more unpleasantly.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Good points, I over thought the scenario of her being hesitant and getting disarmed, which realistically could've happened.

I think that with this article circulating that some people, mainly singles with/without children may be more inclined to purchase a nanny cam. They may not prevent crimes from happening but with them there is a better chance of the criminal getting caught. I believe that some people would find solace in knowing that whom ever robbed them had been caught for their crimes, all because of a nanny cam.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

It's shameful, isn't it? On both ends, people fearing of getting robbed, beat or whatever and then even the criminal element... You are right in that a lot of criminals have never worked a day in their life but I think that society in general is in a downward spiral. With everything getting worse, people that wouldn't have thought about burglarizing or stealing may be having second thoughts about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It's violent, and it's sickening, but let's get some perspective here, shall we?

Crime happens, it's always happened, there will always be violence. Picking one incident out and pointing at it does not mean that EVERYONE IS GONNA BE KILLED IN THEIR HOMES!!!!!1111111

I get that people want more and more people to own guns, I understand that there is a perpetual drive by the NRA and gun makers to push the propaganda to make all Americans constantly fear some bogeyman under the bed. I get that millions of Americans see this on their news and irrationally believe that everyone is a potential murderer and everyone will be safe if only everyone had a gun.

The reality is very different.

You say this might not have happened if she had a gun? I say it might have been a whole lot worse if she did. Unless you are walking around with a gun strapped to you 24/7, what are the chances of being caught out like this in the room where your gun is? Would you suggest a gun in every room? In which case, how do you secure them away from your kids? And if you lock them up, isn't that going to make it harder to get to? How about keeping it loaded in a house with kids?

Are you willing to make all these potential risks in your home because of the one in a 500,000 chance of you being a victim of an intruder?

The mathematical probabilities do not add up and it does not make sense.

Yes, I get that fear and paranoia is a big thing in the drive to sell guns, but people are fed a whole lot of BS by the NRA and their gun selling comrades. Americans need to get some common sense and think logically for a while about the risks and likelihoods, instead of believing the BS.
edit on 25-6-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Thank you for the fresh perspective and the good points, thanks for the post. S

I would believe that many gun owners, not all, would have their firearms in close proximity. That would perhaps give enough time to grab the weapon as you hear someone trying to break in or picking a lock. But, Rocker, your points are much more realistic.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
That is too bad the video has been "Carefully edited". The editing made the event appear as a personal attack versus a random invasion robbery. The man clearly appears familiar with the interior layout of the home.

It doesn't matter if they know each other. He deserves castration with unsharp knifes.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I don't know how much firearms for every home defence situation and the training and ammunition needed to become proficient enough to use them in a high stress scenario would cost, but I bet you could get your house secured from easy entry at a fraction of the price.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by Rocker2013

FBI crime stats say there are over 6,000 break ins everyday. 75% of those occur in the middle of the day.

Meanwhile 350 people die a year from rifles.

Sure, having a gun around would increase your chances of being shot. And having a car increases your chances of being in a crash, having a pool increases your chances of drowning, having electricity increases the chances youll fry and so on and so on.

As thinking independant human beings we make choices everyday on what risks we are and are not willing to take.

Acting like a gun in the home is akin to sitting on a crate of old dynamite is a little ridiculous. There are miles between simply owning a thing and dying from said.thing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Your math is fowled as hell.

Take a City like Dayton, OH. The populous is 260,000. Now combine that, with an Average of 8 Home invasions a day.

So actually your chances of being a victim of home invasion is about 1 in 32,000 on any given day.

Now Take a City like Dallas, TX or New York City. You do the math and tell me where the hell you got 1 in 500,000.

I take it that math isn't your strong suit.

On the other hand having a weapon does not necessarily mean you are safe, but having access to a weapon does Even the Mathematical Odds you spoke of if you care to apply a statistical function to that.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

What kind of moron would justify such a violence on a woman? Who cares if she knew the attacker? Who cares if she even was cheating on her husband (as some suggested in the other thread that got closed). You're telling me that it's ok for a human being to be treated in such manner? Oh it's so true that saying: I started loving better the animals after I got to know the real human nature.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join