It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Explosion Rocks Islamic School in Netherlands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
An explosion at an Islamic school in Eindoven, Netherlands is the latest anti-muslim incident since the murder of a popular film maker in the country. The country declared war on terrorism and there is an uprise of anti-muslim sentiment.
No injuries were reported when the explosion damaged the fron of an Islamic school.

www.reuters.com
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - An explosion damaged an Islamic school in the southern Dutch town of Eindhoven Monday, police said, the latest attack on a Muslim institution following the murder of a filmmaker critical of Islam last week.

Police said they were investigating the cause of the blast, which took place in the early hours of Monday. It followed a series of violent incidents against mosques since the killing of film director Theo van Gogh by a suspected Islamist militant.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Muslims make up 1 million of the total population of 16 million. Over the past week numerous mosques have been targetted by vandals, when suspicions that the murder of Theo van Gogh, film maker who was critical of Islam, was perpetrated by a suspected Islamic militant.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Those peoples attacking Islamic schools etc are in my eyes weak, also the government is weak and has created an even more dangerous situation by calling out a war against Muslims. They are now also talking about taking away civil rights for Muslims. That is asking for even more troubles.

I say this because when Pim Fortuyn was murdered by a leftist, they didn't do the same thing to leftists, they didn't talk about taking the rights away from the green party or from know leftists.

It is sad that peoples react this way, if things continue this way, I see more and more riots to start taken place, with even more deaths in the end. I understand the anger, but acting without thinking is even more dangerous.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yes, unfortunately, I think this won't be the last of the recent anti-muslim activism. And the murder on Van Gogh will probably not be the last of muslim extremists voilence against people who criticize the Islam...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The radicals have brought this upon themselves. There is a line and once that line is crossed the Jeudo-Christians will vent there anger on anything they determine to be associated with the "radical" islamic faith.

I am not condoning these actions, but I think we are starting to see a component of society that the "radicals" did not take into a account. There is a major portion of populations just like the insurgents in Iraq that will not sit and wait to be attacked. They will vent their anger and theirpassion and disgust at anything that reminds them of what has hurt them.

Even if that means they must attack in advance to send a clear sign that "radicals" will not be tolerated. That they will not be targets. They will do what they need to do to push out those that wish to do them harm. Even if that means they themselves are doing harm to others, they are justified based on the idea that they were attacked first, that the "radicals" thought they could sneak into their society and act at will, to kill people that oppose the radical islamic viewpoint. Everyone should have the right to free speach, impose on those rights whether by use of force or policy and eventually you will get civil anarchy. Where society deems what is acceptable to ensure that future oppression of their freedoms does not endure.

Maybe this is what the insurgents are thinking in Iraq. But they are forgetting that the US is not there to take something away from them. The US came to Iraq to free the people from an oppressive dictator that would have funded global terrorisim at his benefit. If the insurgents would just lay down their arms and allow the people of Iraq to govern themselves the US would leave. This means the insurgents could have a chance at life and freedom as well.

Instead they wish to push the tolerance of the US they will have crossed the line and in the end they will be punished and decimated until there is no hope for them. They had there chance. Now they will receive nothing but judgement.

I feel sorry for the residents of Falluja and I hope the Islamic faith has the strength and ability to stand up to the radicals that are going to destroy their entire culture.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It's ironitc that only the Muslim religion seems to be full of hate and rage. They murder people and blow up things on a daily basis. This is what we are being told is a religion of peace.
Face it people, these Muslims are evil and they must pay for there incidious forms of behavior.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is wrong, this was also a terrorist attack done on the Muslims. What they should be fighting is the radicals, not all Muslims.

If all Muslim clerics were to announce that terrorist attacks are not allowed and they would do something against those that would keep trying to make these suicide attacks or any other terrorist acts, all this violence will stop. But really, who thinks this will happen?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
It's ironitc that only the Muslim religion seems to be full of hate and rage. They murder people and blow up things on a daily basis. This is what we are being told is a religion of peace.
Face it people, these Muslims are evil and they must pay for there incidious forms of behavior.

so many narrow minded people these days
was you raised to hate a certain ehnic minority?
or
you go to nazi school?

becuase you sound exactly like one

all muslims are evil and should be stopped
just what the nazi's said about the jews before they commited genocide

all i can say is thank god you people are just a small minority who are bitter with hate with the never ending thurst for blood

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
So I am labeled a Nazi by another poster. It's so easy to place labels on oneanother because they speak there feelings. I wonder what the majority of Dutch citizens are thinking about the Muslim community in there country.
The reality of the situation is that Muslims world wide are committed to the extermination of all Christians and Jews. Convince me that I am wrong in my belief.

new topics

top topics

join