It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ‘flat-Earth society’

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You're only saving $50 or $13 a month on electricity, with solar panels? Does that savings factor in the purchase of all the equipment and mounting, etc.?

I don't see how going in to debt 'saves' money especially considering all the subsidies going to them which means others are paying for that 'cheap rate' that subsidy is taken from us that lines that corporations pockets.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Something that isn't being discussed ..... not only was Obama insulting with his 'flat earth society' comment ... and not only is he dead wrong about global warming ... but he is going to cost this country a heck of a lot of money with his latest green schemes ... it's going to cost jobs and kill the coal industry as well. An AWFUL thing to do to Americans especially with a lot of us going paycheck to paycheck (those of us lucky enough to have jobs).

He is out of touch in a major way.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

A high volume of official story nonsense does not truth make. If I ask a hundred astronomers what they think about aliens living on earth and controlling humans I bet 95 would say "go get some medication" rather than "sure why not".

You are mistaking high volume for quality despite the factor that bilderbergers meet at least twice a year in secret conditions, that LOTS of things are classified, that politicians lie, that mainstream science is in the pocket of these bilderbergers.

I use multiple sources with different viewpoints to form my own opinions so that they are as unbiased as possible. Volcanoes, especially super volcanoes like mt toba in indonesia and yellowstone ALONE overcome the co2 emissions of humans the last 100 years. CO2 is a natural gas that is needed by plants for photosynthesis. I guess the reason we bury trash in landfills rather than burn garbage the ole fashion way is because some people have stupid ideas and force them on everyone else.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

Is that so?

Obama and left wing politicians and their supporters lost all credibility pushing a technology that is dependent on CLIMATE, in the same breath they say 'climate is changing'.

edit on 26-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I shouldn't be suprised that a Science Denier does not understand the concept of a Battery. Psst...they store energy. Your lights don't go out on a cloudy day.

So what do those who live in Alaska going to do with 6 months of darkness?

'Science Denier' eh just a BS denier.

AND:

Alternative energy depends on the Climate does it not?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

Sea levels? Warmers are eager to see them rise, but they never do. Yeah, sure, there a floods, but these are occasional. Billion-daollar satellite measurements show no rise.
scienceandpublicpolicy.org...

Your source is a shell corporation funded by Exxon, posing as a legitimate org...
www.sourcewatch.org...

Honestly the misinformation out there is staggering, it's like when Marlboro used to have Commercials with Doctors happily puffing away telling you that Cigerettes were good for getting rid of coughs!.

Not much point arguing scientific evidence with folks that disbelieve science.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Indigo5

A high volume of official story nonsense does not truth make. If I ask a hundred astronomers what they think about aliens living on earth and controlling humans I bet 95 would say "go get some medication" rather than "sure why not".

?? Aliens are living on earth and controlling humans? And you distrust Scientists because they might disagree?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well, climate change is real. I´ve personally been to different Nordic parts and a friend of mine is scientist in the field, he has been in Northern parts of Russia and Nordic countries doing measurements for some project. I know for 100% that he is not bought by some corps... He is supporter of AGW though. He believes the climate change should be far slower in these areas. Historically these have happened before but usually in a long period and slowly, but this what is happening there has happened in less than a century.

Whether it is man made or not might be arguable for some. I do not want to go in that topic due to not having studied it much. Yet I know many people, very smart people, who actually believe it without anybody paying them for it. One of them is one of the best in the field of solar panels in the world.

I personally do support environmental policies, even the carbon taxes. I used to live in industrial area, some kind of coal plant, for some period. It sucked to be honest, the air was unbreathable. After swapping to more environmental technology, because of the carbon laws, the air significantly improved. Some people were probably laid off because of it, but it was worth at the end for local people.

Same can be said also about cars. I prefer gas being taxed harder and harder and the taxes invested in better infrastructure - bicycle roads, pedestrian roads - and public transportation. I have already started to hate travelling in big cities, even though I sometimes have to. The air is so polluted because of the amount of traffic. It is just not worth it... I am already seeing it round here, it is just sad. People mindlessly driving their car all the time, even for shorter trips... nobody should take a car for a trip less than 2-3 miles, unless they have some serious health issues which prevents walking much...otherwise it is walkable, or bicycle can be used or take public transport, which is good round here. Much better for everybody else. The air in the summer house area of mine is far better, the air in the city is becoming worse although still times better than in big city centres like in NY, Petersburg, Warsaw or Paris. I can not get how people are able to live there to be honest.

Any envornmental policy is worth it. Some people will earn from it, of course, although they are earning because they decided for less-polluting tech compared to opponents. Slowly reducing oil industry, coal industry might not be good for the workers, but at the end it is better for other people. New industries create new jobs also after all. Any new skill is learnable at the end, even at older age. Who wants can, who does not, sits and whines about the government.

Even if there is 10% chance that the climate change MIGHT be man-caused, it is worth the hassle about it at the end. Better safe than sorry. Are the current profit and jobs worth the next generations suffering from it in the coming decades? In some areas, they will definetely, although at least this could be prevented somehow.

Same goes also for foods. Often full proof is required, although sometimes it is simply impossible find some fast, which lets the companies use such substances in their products. I prefer stuff being banned from use even if there is doubt that it causes cancer or some other disease rather than wait for decades and find out it later. If it turned out to be real, thousands of people might already have suffered from some disease because of it or even died. Better ban it now, than suffer the conseqences laterwards. Same about GMs. In that thing I can not get US policy makers, letting the companies use so many things in their food processes that are considered harmful for people and banned in other nations. Health of profit? I choose health, although many people seem to argue with me on the matter.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Indigo5

Not the survival of the human race at large, nor the earth....just a quality of life that doesn't involve ever more severe natural disasters, rising sea levels, draughts, famines and poluted air and water, and wars for oil..

Fair enough argument....but when a large number of Americans are trying to figure out how to meet their bills, it is NOT the right time to make decisions that could lead to the destruction of industries and further unemployment, especially when the science the decisions are based upon, is flawed. Our children will live like rats not because of some disaster, but because they simply can't afford to do otherwise.

Going green should be based on rewards, not penalties for those who aren't green because the concept didn't even exist when their business started.

edit on 26-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

Well the problem with placing food on the table or jobs, eg money coming in, is directly tied to the environment as well.

Drought, excessively poor crops due to weather changes and water scarcity, does have a direct impact on how much food costs. Which in turn has an impact on the average household budget.

Then there is the higher costs of heating, and cooling too, not to mention that communities will spend more on securing water or on water recovery. Which has an impact on the household budget due to taxes and a higher water & energy bill.

The there is the effect on business too, higher costs of manufacturing due to higher energy energy relates costs, results in higher costs of goods. Which may result in either layoffs or the rising costs of goods.

Then there is flooding or storm damage, if your business or house is washed away, or there is no power for numerous days on end; that too has an impact on the household budget.

We had a severe cold snap a few years ago in in El Paso. It killed power generation and a lot of our water supply, and more for many days. But the economic impact lasted months afterwards, and many business and offices had to suspend operations to recover from damages.

For some people, there will never be a good time economically, to address the problems caused by pollution.

Yet that same person struggling to make ends meet, is going to be fighting even harder if nothing is done, or it's always postponed.

There is never going to be an 'ideal time' to start addressing the issues caused by pollution, but that said, the mounting costs of not taking action far outstrip the benefits of 'holding off'.

M.
edit on 26-6-2013 by Moshpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Is that so?

Obama and left wing politicians and their supporters lost all credibility pushing a technology that is dependent on CLIMATE, in the same breath they say 'climate is changing'.

I shouldn't be suprised that a Science Denier does not understand the concept of a Battery. Psst...they store energy. Your lights don't go out on a cloudy day.

So what do those who live in Alaska going to do with 6 months of darkness?

I dunno?? Used the stored energy from the 6 months of daylight??????

In the summer, all of Arctic Alaska gets 24-hour sunlight for at least one day at the solstice. places like Barrow have continuous daylight for 85 days.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Indigo5

?? Aliens are living on earth and controlling humans? And you distrust Scientists because they might disagree?

Yeah I distrust the hypocrite scientists, those that never had a top secret clearance with need to know, to pass judgement on everyone who believes the evidence of extra-terrestrial life going back thousands of years and meddling with humans. There is plenty of evidence but nearly all of it is covered up and replaced with official story nonsense.

I don't want to derail the thread. I simply made an analogy based on what I have learned as a human growing up. High volume of information does NOT truth make! Quality is always better than quantity especially when it comes to information.

link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I expected this response considering it would take a massive battery bank cost thousands of dollars to even begin to cover it.

Which most people can't afford.

Climate control advocates don't know quite a bit.

link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Something that isn't being discussed ..... not only was Obama insulting with his 'flat earth society' comment ...

Agreed...The Flat Earth Society doesn't deserve the insult. They are just deluded vs. willingly sacrificing thier ability to rationally think at the behest the Koch brothers et al.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You know what, the curriculum in Common Core standards to be taught globally include this global warming theory that mankind are the evil ones destroying the planet. Not only is he not engaging real debate, but he and his cronies have had lots of time to put together their indoctrinating curriculum to export to all parts of the globe.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

I expected this response considering it would take a massive battery bank cost thousands of dollars to even begin to cover it.

Which most people can't afford.

Climate control advocates don't know quite a bit.

Puhleese...Alaskans already pay silly energy costs. They are the 4th most expensive in the USA, Hawaii being the first...but Alaska has none of the perks.

A one-time investment to dramatically lower energy costs would pay for itself more quickly than almost any other state.

link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Do you by any chance have some quotes by the Koch Brothers on this issue, because I have never heard them speak on global warming. Would you mind enlightening me please. On the other hand, I have heard Al Gore, Maurice Strong, Mikhail Gorbachev, and the author of "The Gaia Hypothesis".
edit on 26-6-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by neo96

You know what, the curriculum in Common Core standards to be taught globally include this global warming theory that mankind are the evil ones destroying the planet. Not only is he not engaging real debate, but he and his cronies have had lots of time to put together their indoctrinating curriculum to export to all parts of the globe.

They are all about control:

Control our money
Control our rights
Control our guns
Control our lives
Control the air
Control the water

CONTROL THE PLANET

Looking at their track record they are not doing such a great job, them taking even more power to control US which it really is all about they are the evil ones.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

A one-time investment to dramatically lower energy costs would pay for itself more quickly than almost any other state.

Hot damn go in to more debt to save money!!!

Uh 'Go in to more debt" doesn't save money or the planet.

We done here?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Something that isn't being discussed ..... not only was Obama insulting with his 'flat earth society' comment ...

Agreed...The Flat Earth Society doesn't deserve the insult. They are just deluded vs. willingly sacrificing thier ability to rationally think at the behest the Koch brothers et al.

The koch brothers have a huge say in the libertarian party, not with the republicans.

Libertarians and republicans are as different as republicans and democrats are.

You are trying to insult people WITH LIES!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I'd agree with you on this one. The problem is.....one time super-cost for..what? Solar has nothing workable. Hydro has some promise as does wind but people like the Kennedy's made sure there would be NO chance of finding out off their shores, the same way the Sierra Club has sued the stuffing out of Solar projects in California. It's BANANA. Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything.

On one hand, the greenie's protest everything with a wisp of pollution equally (there is a lot to be said for setting focus priorities...ugh)

On the other hand, when solutions are at the build-phase, they sue those out of existance TOO. We just can't win unless we return to the lifestyle of the Amish and many of them aren't even pure to it anymore.

So... I'm honestly with you when we have some technology or even set of technologies where a "moon shot" of spending and labor will leapfrog their market % for energy development. It just doesn't seem to be happening or anywhere close to it.

edit on 26-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Milankovitch Cycles !

end of line...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join