It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ‘flat-Earth society’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by xuenchen

it is 100% political and it is a global effort (Agenda 21).

Wish more people would see that global warming has nothing to do with 'science' and everything to do with politics as most people already know is based on nothing more than 'make believe'.
edit on 25-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I'd laugh if I didn't find it so sad to know that you're totally serious.

Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as evidenced by increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, the widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global average sea level.[5]

Most of the global warming since the mid-20th century is very likely due to human activities.[6]

"Benefits and costs of climate change for [human] society will vary widely by location and scale.[7] Some of the effects in temperate and polar regions will be positive and others elsewhere will be negative.[7] Overall, net effects are more likely to be strongly negative with larger or more rapid warming."[7]

"[...] the range of published evidence indicates that the net damage costs of climate change are likely to be significant and to increase over time"[8]

"The resilience of many ecosystems is likely to be exceeded this century by an unprecedented combination of climate change, associated disturbances (e.g. flooding, drought, wildfire, insects, ocean acidification) and other global change drivers (e.g. land-use change, pollution, fragmentation of natural systems, over-exploitation of resources)"[9]

No scientific body of national or international standing maintains a formal opinion dissenting from any of these main points

en.wikipedia.org...

So you're saying that those scientific bodies and the thousands of other scientists are living in 'make believe'? To quote Andy Dufresne - "How can you be so obtuse?"

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thank you for this post.

Obama has honestly said from before day one that he had a "war against coal". I have been willing to listen to all sides and still do not understand taking millions of dollars from my state and taking it overseas (this is what will happen) just to close down the coal mines. These jobs are needed, these resources are needed.
Before you jump on me please look at this link. I am not saying that improvements don't need to be made, but not by killing hundreds of communities and families.
Link to mining restoration pictures (also has education)
Friends of Coal
edit on 6/25/1313 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

I'd laugh to if I didn't think the global warming crowd wasn't do 'serious'.

So you're saying that those scientific bodies and the thousands of other scientists are living in 'make believe'? To quote Andy Dufresne - "How can you be so obtuse?"

Really how can the 'planet be saved' when the rest of the world doesn't care what American's politicians say.

How can they be so 'obtuse'.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Martin75

Absolutely instead of producing that resource that employs millions of people thats creates wealth we would be consuming that same resource from another country/ and using products made from it's usage.

The entire premise is ludicrous.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic

reply to post by xuenchen

it is 100% political and it is a global effort (Agenda 21).

Wish more people would see that global warming has nothing to do with 'science' and everything to do with politics as most people already know is based on nothing more than 'make believe'.

Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as evidenced by increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, the widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global average sea level.[5]

Most of the global warming since the mid-20th century is very likely due to human activities.[6]

"Benefits and costs of climate change for [human] society will vary widely by location and scale.[7] Some of the effects in temperate and polar regions will be positive and others elsewhere will be negative.[7] Overall, net effects are more likely to be strongly negative with larger or more rapid warming."[7]

"[...] the range of published evidence indicates that the net damage costs of climate change are likely to be significant and to increase over time"[8]

"The resilience of many ecosystems is likely to be exceeded this century by an unprecedented combination of climate change, associated disturbances (e.g. flooding, drought, wildfire, insects, ocean acidification) and other global change drivers (e.g. land-use change, pollution, fragmentation of natural systems, over-exploitation of resources)"[9]

No scientific body of national or international standing maintains a formal opinion dissenting from any of these main points

en.wikipedia.org...

Let have these Scientist talk about how our magnetic field works at the poles, and how they can get weakened at times when getting hammered by serious Solar winds from the sun, and how that can alter the climate in those regions..
This just sounds like stupid arguments between men and women, or in some of these cases girls and boys, to busy arguing to stop and look up and learn about the topic and all the possibilities..

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

It should have - the dishonest representations of the warming deniers should have been the bullet that put that sad beast out of its misery.

Yeah, it couldnt be that fake hockey stick that they dreamed up, now could it,
or the devious book of tricks they conjured up,

The Rules Of The Game: Evidence Base
For The Climate Change Communications Strategy

“The Rules” teaches sophisticated behavior change tactics, including:
“Climate change must be ‘front of mind’ before persuasion works” …

“Link climate change mitigation to positive desires/aspirations” …

“Beware the impacts of cognitive dissonance” and “Use emotions and visuals”

These dishonest tactics are right out of a propaganda playbook rather
than proven science.

Here, a leaked email from Phil Jones:

“I’ve been told that IPCC is above national FOI Acts. One way to cover yourself and all
those working on the IPCC 5th Assessment Report would be to delete all e-mails at the
end of the process. Any work we have done in the past is done on the back of the research
grants we get – and has to be well hidden.
ammoland

edit on 25-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

President Obama is doing everything to earn his masters more money. Naturally he will mock those who do not agree with him. Especially when he has a voice heard by millions of Americans. It's just another way to make sure that the truth is ridiculed while the money making scams of his masters are pushed through.

I don't doubt climate change, I doubt the cause. I'm all for making a change to help preserve the earth and keep her clean. But I'm NOT about to be strong armed into doing so by guilt. And I'm not buying the crap the government is selling. If the government *really* cared, they'd start cleaning up the shipping industry which pollutes a thousand times more DAILY then consumer cars do yearly. But that's not going to happen because it'll impact the governments money flow.

For the government, it's about the dollar. Not the earth.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes, once upon the time, my dear when hope and change numbed the minds of soo many, including me.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
People needs to understand that what is happening to earth is not new and have nothing to do with population, warming trends and ice age is not new to earth is just that now is more people that will suffer when our earth decide is time to do her thing again

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Earth doesn't "decide" to do anything, ever.

It has certainly changed over the ages - but the reasons are purely physics and chemistry, and personally I see no reason to suppose that the changes humanity has made to our environment should be exempt from those rules - which is to say yes we are causing change.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nah I took a page from Obama just tell people what they wanna hear, and do the complete opposite.

Yea, I kinda figured you would go back on your agreement.

Besides Obama has actually quit and go away he isn't going to

Actually, you said nothing about Obama going away and quitting, all I had to do was email him to do so and I did. Just showing the people the kind of character you really are Neo.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Yea, I kinda figured you would go back on your agreement.

Nope as Obama would not quit

ctually, you said nothing about Obama going away and quitting, all I had to do was email him to do so and I did. Just showing the people the kind of character you really are Neo.

Sure did right here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ok sorry miss the topic here?

That would be Obama care to point out where posters are, and the kind of character I am is the kind who posts on topic, but that is a work in progress.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

ctually, you said nothing about Obama going away and quitting, all I had to do was email him to do so and I did. Just showing the people the kind of character you really are Neo.

Sure did right here:

Write a email telling Obama to shutup and quit, and you will never see another thread holding him accountable for his actions.

All you said was for me to write Obama an email telling him to shutup[sic] and quit, I did so. You never said anything about him actually quitting over my email, you said only that I had to send one.

Ok sorry miss the topic here?

You brought this up to begin with Neo

That would be Obama care to point out where posters are, and the kind of character I am is the kind who posts on topic, but that is a work in progress.

Least everyone now knows the content of your character.
edit on 25-6-2013 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Man-made climate change has been debunked - by the scientist trying to prove it being caught lying.....

Pollution to the earth? How about fukushima? Nuclear power is not safe......

Globalism and the UN collecting more "taxes" from the people around the world, is why he's bringing up "climate change" again..... I guess he thinks people are that stupid.

ONE WORLD GOV"T is what he is trying to achieve.... How about he doesn't fly around in air force one for vacations if he "really cared".

Trying to change the conversation in a totally ignorant way for all of the stupid obomomats to respond to.

How about the IRS? How about Benghazi? How about NSA?

No, it's climate change again.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

All you said was for me to write Obama an email telling him to shutup[sic] and quit, I did so. You never said anything about him actually quitting over my email, you said only that I had to send one.

Lol wow

You brought this up to begin with Neo

Nope this guy did www.abovetopsecret.com...

as a deflection because they didn't want to talk about this:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Their minds are made up don't try to confuse them with the facts.

Why are you guys calling it "climate change" now....oh yeah. you had to change your talking points from Global warming because it turns out that wasn't true so we just call it climate change.

I can't believe everyone is so ignorant to believe this is the first time the planets climate has changed.....and we did it...lmao.

The climate has been changing back and forth since before we were here and it will continue to do it after were gone.

Nothing is more dangerous than ignorant people with a cause.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Obama's environmental policy is a gift to the banksters. It is the rich taking more from the poor under the guise of environmental responsibility. It has literally nothing to do with helping the environment, and it certainly won't even do that as a byproduct.

Just look at all the dupes in this thread who support this crap because they really believe it has anything to do with helping the environment. Any lie that lots of morons will believe is a lie that they will gladly use to get away with taking more and more and more from the people. They want the masses to cheer when they get robbed.

Ultimately, this is an economic stimulus package for the 'developing world' especially China, and an economic handicap package for the US. The USA sacrificed the past 20 years to the developing world, an entire generation, and this is yet another clear indication that they want to commit to sacrificing another generation.

The Chinese economy is stumbling. The investments of the past 20+ years could vanish. They are trying to save these investments by making the US significantly less competitive.

If they were serious about the environment, we'd have an environmental tariff to punish polluting countries, but they have made that illegal by order of their WTO. So instead, we give them a competitive advantage, a privilege to pollute. If they were serious about the environment, we would not export jobs to countries that do not enforce their environmental protection rules.
edit on 25-6-2013 by 11andrew34 because: typo

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I expect these are more empty promises. Too many voters last go around only voted for Obama because he wasn't Romney. Too many standard stock democrat voters are starting to wonder when the hell they ever shifted Right. Too many indie media outlets criticizing the dems in office, I think Obama is just rallying the base for midterms... if something toward actual addressing AGW induced climate change comes out of this, great... but I won't be holding my breath. I think he's just as sold out to 'dirty energy' and Corporate America as any other.

THANK YOU!

Out of all the off-topic crap that's been posted, THIS is the kind of Post that makes sense.

Its sad that ALL the money that was supposed to be used to create "clean" jobs, and clean our environment at the same time, went to BS company's who didn't really care about the issues at hand.

You don't have to be a Republican or Democrat to see this coming.

OK folks, back to the off topic derailing of the thread.................

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

No No No I want talk about the Furher!

President Obama will announce in a major policy speech on Tuesday afternoon that he'll try to save the Earth by skipping over Congress — which has failed to pass much environmental legislation in recent decades — and use executive orders to regulate how much greenhouse gas existing power plants can produce, make appliances more efficient, increase the amount of renewable energy used on public property

www.theatlanticwire.com...

Congress he don't need no stinking congress America is a dictatorship that is going to put more people out of work.

Wonder how many people get how that effects economic output?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

No No No I want talk about the Furher!

President Obama will announce in a major policy speech on Tuesday afternoon that he'll try to save the Earth by skipping over Congress — which has failed to pass much environmental legislation in recent decades — and use executive orders to regulate how much greenhouse gas existing power plants can produce, make appliances more efficient, increase the amount of renewable energy used on public property

www.theatlanticwire.com...

Congress he don't need no stinking congress America is a dictatorship that is going to put more people out of work.

Wonder how many people get how that effects economic output?

Wait till he starts taxing breathing........

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join