It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ‘flat-Earth society’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

You don't think alternative energy sources would create jobs?

Do you have any efficient alternative energy sources? Ones that are not propped up and supported by a government that ignores scientific evidence in regard to efficiency and efficacy? Ones that have been proven long ago to be inefficient and insufficient to meet the needs of humanity?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
As many as 50 Obama-backed green energy companies bankrupt or troubled

Yeah alternative creates jobs they say!!!!

So people weren't working at those companies that went bankrupt?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

A fiscally sound company doesn't go bankrupt.

Pushing a plan to replace energy to companies that GO BANKRUPT!

What part of that are some people missing are they working now?

Bankrupt business GO OUT of business.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Prefer to have a bankrupt business than a bankrupt planet.
Something has to be done, he is starting to do something I hope and hopefully other nations will follow suit.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Actually, there was a debate about this, several, and the science trumps denial.

Evidently it does not...as there is not enough data in to dictate direction...pity you wnet from this well thought out statement...

Actually it's a lot more about using energy resources responsibly in order to have a planet that is habitable for human life.

to this...

Actually, the jobs will be there if people start using things like geothermal, solar, wind, hydroelectric. There will still be need for people to operate, build, maintain, and staff these facilities.

First...we are using these...second, they are so inefficient when compared to coal-fired and nuclear power plants, it is laughable...Science PROVES this...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

A fiscally sound company doesn't go bankrupt.

Pushing a plan to replace energy to companies that GO BANKRUPT!

What part of that are some people missing are they working now?

Bankrupt business GO OUT of business.

It's called Research and development. It's something you invest in hoping it pays off, but it doesn't always happen.

I want my tax dollars going to research.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It's quite obvious to anyone that is looking that we are experiencing climate change. On that count Obama calling them flat -earthers is pretty accurate. Denials of climate change have their heads in the sand.

While it is quite obvious we have climate change, it is not so obvious what is causing it. Is it man's doing or is it some unknown effect from the solar system/galaxy. I don't think that can really be determined by even the brightest scientist. Opinions on the causes are like.....everyone has them and they usually stink ...as the old saying goes. Thus i think the whole fight on climate change is more than likely misdirected.

Either way... what does bothers me is pollution...the polluted air we breathe...the polluted and heavily treated water we drink and recreate in...radiation levels going up everywhere...unusable land left behind...groundwater reserves being poisoned and depleted...forest and species being wiped out to make a quick real estate buck...This is what we need to attack because it is our environment being destroyed. Let's stop talking about the dubious science of climate change and start talking about the health of the people and the beauty of the country we live in. Want health care to cost less? / Clean up the damn planet!

What I would like to see is every corporation or other entity required to eliminate any such pollution. If they can't eliminate; then they simply can't operate. They shouldn't be allowed to buy their way out of it. If our way of life is not sustainable then we need to change it.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

So people don't mind politicians hijacking 'global warming' to push their agendas.

That's nice.

no - people don't mind politicians actually paying attention to an important issue for a change.

black meet pot - people do mind you putting words into their mouths that they never said and misrepresenting positions for your own agenda!!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Actually it's a lot more about using energy resources responsibly in order to have a planet that is habitable for human life.

So the Us get's to tell what the entire world what they can or can't use sorry to disagree but we have no right thought that was the prevailing thought behind the world was tired of the US stickiing it's nose in other peoples business.

Actually, there was a debate about this, several, and the science trumps denial.

Earlier in his remarks, Obama said the "overwhelming judgement of science, of chemistry, of physics, and millions of measurements" put "to rest" questions about pollution affecting the environment.

Well the science says the Earth has been around for billions of years man and his arrogance has only been around for a blink of an eye, and he sure does like to think he knows everything about everything , where the reality is always quite different

Actually, the jobs will be there if people start using things like geothermal, solar, wind, hydroelectric. There will still be need for people to operate, build, maintain, and staff these facilities.

Which at present does not generate anywhere near the current energy production,

And that can be replaced with solar, wind, geothermal, fusion (when available) antimatter (when available) hydroelectric, etc, all without the cost to the environment.

No it can't feel free to continue supporting 'redistributing pollution' because everything 'deemed bad' is being used and increase in the rest of the world.

So what about moving to alternative energies? Won't that create jobs?

Nope miss those green failures that have gone bankrupt?

Basically the rest of your post is vitriol and hyperbole, not really worth commenting on except to ask, when you see a picture of Obama on TV, can you do me a favor? Can you take your blood pressure and post it? I am starting to worry about your health. I would love to monitor your health throughout this presidency, I'm afraid you are going to have a stroke or a heart attack with all this hate.

Miss the vitriol and hyperbole of the Potus?

Guess so

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

It's called Research and development. It's something you invest in hoping it pays off, but it doesn't always happen. I want my tax dollars going to research.

LOL!!! The government should be in the business of funding R&D for companies performing work in SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN inefficient methods of providing future energy sources for humanity...

If there is proof positive that humanity is in for a world of hurt, it is in the logic providing the fuel for this quoted statement...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Miss this?

www.investmentu.com...

We are going to have a bankrupt country, and others countries in the world still using fossil fuels laughing all the way to their wealth and prosperity.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Gaul, I respect your posts on a lot of issues, especially those relating to spreading good, factual information on the topic of contrails...however; even you know it is factually accurate to characterize the issue of climate change as a political football that is being used to make fast profits...to say otherwise simply means you are not paying attention...or being disingenuous...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

It's called Research and development. It's something you invest in hoping it pays off, but it doesn't always happen.

That's a hell of a R and D phase considering Hydro,Geothermal, and wind have been used as long a man has called himself 'civilized'

What people know as modern alternative has been around 50 years.

I want my tax dollars going to research.

Feel free rather have them footing the expense by themselves.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Words coming from a divider, NOT a uniter.

But what else could we expect from Obama? He's a hater who lives to divide and hate.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

no - people don't mind politicians actually paying attention to an important issue for a change.

That was hilarious since politicians care about is their own power, and who will use anything, and everyone to secure that power.

black meet pot - people do mind you putting words into their mouths that they never said and misrepresenting positions for your own agenda!!

Didn't have a problem with Obama doing it remember the op article?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Iam not saying the USA have to go alone on this, I want every country doing their bit, someone has to get the ball rolling why not the USA?.
We have to start working together on how to combat climate change, I don't have the answers but I will leave that for the boffins who may help us get out of this mess we are in.
Like I said some very harsh changes are on the horizon but they need to happen If we want to leave the planet in a decent enough state for our childrens children.
I agree with other posters here we have to keep on working on green solutions, they are not perfected yet but If we keep working on them maybe we have a chance.
What do you suggest eh? leave it how it is? let the world crumble just to keep people in Jobs?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by neo96

Iam not saying the USA have to go alone on this, I want every country doing their bit, someone has to get the ball rolling why not the USA?.

It is far too late for the USA to "get the ball rolling" - parts of Europe and other countries are already further along a path of lowering carbon usage - the USA is playing catch up.
edit on 25-6-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

That was hilarious since politicians care about is their own power, and who will use anything, and everyone to secure that power.

and it is good to see that in this case their selfishness actually lines up with a "good cause"

Didn't have a problem with Obama doing it remember the op article?

since he didn't then no, I don't.

and since I did see you doing it I reiterate that you are the pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is really a non issue. Yes the climate is changing,BUT it is arrogance to say man is responsible for the majority of it. The last mini ice age we had in the past happenned when we did not have all this polluting capacity as well if i remember correctly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join