It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ‘flat-Earth society’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

President Obama angrily blasted climate change skeptics during his energy policy speech Tuesday at Georgetown University, saying he lacked "patience for anyone who denies that this problem is real."

thehill.com...

For those who are paying attention the US government is the greatest 'danger' we face not some marriage of 'science' and politics to push his agenda of global domination.

Because that is what 'climate change' is all about GLOBAL DOMINATION, and corporate cronyism making up things like carbon tax's and credits.

We don't have time for a meeting of the flat-Earth society," Obama said. "Sticking your head in the sand might make you feel safer, but it's not going to protect you from the coming storm."

The standard line 'Government is here to save you! '

De Fuhrer's will be done!

Guess we don't live in a Democracy where things are 'debated' they are done by those who 'know what's best for us 'little peons'.

More BS:

"We know that the costs of these events can be measured in lost lives and lost livelihoods."

So what about the livelihoods of these people the miillions of jobs, and trillions of wealth lost?

They don't matter because 'saving the planet is more important!'.

Like these folks here:

indianapublicmedia.org...

Coal produces 49% of all US energy production but who cares right save the planet!

www.epa.gov...

The people be damned!

WH Climate Adviser: 'A War on Coal Is Exactly What’s Needed'

www.weeklystandard.com...

Then the largest coal producers is not even America to begin with:

www.investmentu.com...

So how does putting Americans out of work that does nothing but kill jobs, and wealth that move to other countries 'save the planet' ?

I dunno least they can pat themselves on the back mocking anyone who questions science that has been hijacked by political agenda that some could attribute to the Cloward and Piven strategy.

No jobs means mean need more welfare!!!

Do people really have no clue how many trillions of wealth are lost, jobs lost because of 'green legislation'?

Guess what energy source makes most 'green products' btw because alternative doesn't generate enough, oh and then there is that other fossil fuel petro that delivers them etc.

Yeah that hot air is dangerous the hot air coming from Obama. and the save the planet crowd,.because people can take it to any fiat currency bank saving the planet is not saving the money in your wallet.

Hey Obama I will get 'my head out of the sand' when you get yours out of your posterior.
edit on 25-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
"Flat Earth society" sounds like a legitimate description to me.

to Obama

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Not a single word of your rambling negates the fact that skeptics of climate change are wrong.

Way to let your emotions get in the way of facts and science.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Not a single word has addressed anything said or sourced in the op.

Care to address the topic?

Guess not.

A politician says 'global warming is bad'

So much for critical thinking.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yes very harsh changes must be done to fight climate change, he is saying this.
Personally I would live on a buck a day If it meant my childrens children have a world worth living in.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The preponderance of science says "global warming is bad" - thank god at least some politicians take time to address the issue rather than the pseudo- and anti-science rubbish that usually gets political attention.

whatever else Obama may have done this is at least a step in one right direction!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Looked at the science?

How does destroying Us business save the planet?

The Us the only 'industrialized' country in the world?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

So people don't mind politicians hijacking 'global warming' to push their agendas.

That's nice.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Problem is their gonna force you and your kids and their kids to work for a dollar a day, in the name of safety while they collect anything they need.

Oh wait, what am I talking about, that already happens, it's called minimum wage and a CEO salary. Let's give a few a break, they have 30 to 60k a year salary, the Guys who run CEO errands make 120k yearly....

Fight climate change don't look over here behind this curtain.
You know fighting climate change and using oil is like fighting a fire while the back liners are relighting it right?

It's like saying Climate change isn't real while make load of money off it. Welcome to the Age of BS ( aquarius said F this )

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The responses in this thread have made my afternoon. It is a good day when special interests' mouthpieces are publicly rebuked. I sense there has been a change made in the matrix...

Sweltering thread climate making you sweat bullets, OP?

edit on 25-6-2013 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Did anyone bother reading the supplied links or did they just stop at the thread title?

Nevermind already know the answer.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ‘flat-Earth society’

Not a lot to say except to ask... this guy is the president of what used to be the US of A? No respect for anyone who dares to disagree with you? Stereotyping those who don't follow your drum band down the street?

Global warming deserves attention but NOT blind loyalty.

Guess that's the problem.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

You don't think alternative energy sources would create jobs?

Yep they create jobs in places like China because the Solyndras, and Fiskers go bankrupt.

Yes, jobs in the coal industry could go down, but they would be replaced with other jobs.

Not here as already stated elsewhere to places that use coal and other fossil fuels which negates the 'ideology' behind it.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Did anyone bother reading the supplied links or did they just stop at the thread title?

Nevermind already know the answer.

Translation: The peasantry is aware. Shut this thread down.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I want to take a look at how the "science," addresses climate...freaking sheer stupidity to think that man can do anything to affect the climate long-term...not to mention, we have anything to to do with any changes that have occurred...

We have ZERO verifiable evidence...we have postulates...that equals, WE MUST DO SOMETHING!!!

No...Most of you AGW supporters really need to be the first ones to go, all toward the goal of eliminating greenhouse gas emissions...you and Der Fuhrer...

That way, we eliminate two birds with one stone...

Just who are the ones "preaching," the case for AGW?

I rest my case...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here is more links to ignore why should anyone start reading them now because dogma is more important

As many as 50 Obama-backed green energy companies bankrupt or troubled

Read more: dailycaller.com...

money.cnn.com...

nation.foxnews.com...

Yeah alternative creates jobs they say!!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Because that is what 'climate change' is all about GLOBAL DOMINATION, and corporate cronyism making up things like carbon tax's and credits.

Actually it's a lot more about using energy resources responsibly in order to have a planet that is habitable for human life.

Guess we don't live in a Democracy where things are 'debated' they are done by those who 'know what's best for us 'little peons'.

Actually, there was a debate about this, several, and the science trumps denial.

So what about the livelihoods of these people the miillions[sic] of jobs, and trillions of wealth lost?

They don't matter because 'saving the planet is more important!'.

Actually, the jobs will be there if people start using things like geothermal, solar, wind, hydroelectric. There will still be need for people to operate, build, maintain, and staff these facilities.

Coal produces 49% of all US energy production but who cares right save the planet!

And that can be replaced with solar, wind, geothermal, fusion (when available) antimatter (when available) hydroelectric, etc, all without the cost to the environment.

So how does putting Americans out of work that does nothing but kill jobs, and wealth that move to other countries 'save the planet' ?

So what about moving to alternative energies? Won't that create jobs?

Basically the rest of your post is vitriol and hyperbole, not really worth commenting on except to ask, when you see a picture of Obama on TV, can you do me a favor? Can you take your blood pressure and post it? I am starting to worry about your health. I would love to monitor your health throughout this presidency, I'm afraid you are going to have a stroke or a heart attack with all this hate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join