It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I went to my secret hide out yesterday.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I went to my secret hide out yesterday.....it's basically several acers of treed area with the city I live in. I found this unique spot there that I can go to practice bush craft, camp and do that kind of stuff, and no one comes around there.

Funny thing, it had been raining. So all the wood was wet so I had to try start a fire with wet wood. It was pretty challenging. Finally after a lot of attempts I got it going, and I had built an upside down fire so it burned for a long time, I was really impressed. Then i spent some time carving a spoon out of a wood branch. It was a pretty fun experience. I only wish I didn't live in such a congested city where there's no other real wilderness go to practice that kind of stuff.

So these kinds of fires really work well I found....

edit on 25-6-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
When you live in the City you can appreciate the woods more....just something about getting away from the usual Rat race for a breather.....Good on ye Man..

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

It seems to me that you had a very (zen) experience...one with nature...knowing and learning more about how to survive without technology.

Your (secret hide out) is a very precious place; you are fortunate to have one.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I used to have a place like that (early 70s) just off the coast of Georgia (US). It was small and loaded with skeeters and other annoying critters... but it had two large pillar oyster beds that exposed on low tide along the beach, a grove of hard woods at the center that we built a small tree house for shelter.

The song 'Thunder Island' came out and we renamed our little home the same... it was a blast.

Today, most of the isle has a cyclone fence and signs that forbid normal people from entry.

Gawd, how I hate the 21st century.
edit on 25-6-2013 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I went to my hideaway a few weeks back and dropped a stone on my foot breaking it

Three mile trek with a broken foot wasn't fun. I really should get a mobile phone lol.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
That's pretty cool.

I gotta ask. Are you sure it's that secret?
If something happens, are you sure people wouldn't head there??

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
People will head for the stores first, and a lot of em will die there.....
Going into woods in the town doesnt seem too likely when they are all tryin to leave....

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
So... here's the scenario:

Society goes to sh*t in a hand basket.

Everyone rushes to the stores.

The stores run out.

Everyone rushes to your enclave in the city thinking they can find fuel or food there.

I'd find somewhere a little more remote if I were you.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Woods you say? Hell it's been so long since I've seen woods that I've almost forgot what it's like to walk in the woods. I happen to love the woods very much, there is a pleasure in the pathless woods.

This is the view looking out across our back pasture. It's pretty much the same in all directions, a few scattered Cottonwoods here and there but the good thing is you know for miles when someone is headed your way.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PheonixReborn

This is never going to happen, stop scaring yourself with old b-movies and tinfoil paranoia.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I went to my secret hideout the other day. Nice little patch of woods.

There is a condo development with a golf course now.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

It seems to me that you had a very (zen) experience...one with nature...knowing and learning more about how to survive without technology.

Your (secret hide out) is a very precious place; you are fortunate to have one.

Trust me, you have no idea. The way my city is situated there's barely any parks in the city, those that there are are just like touristy, you can't build any fires or feel like your alone anywhere. So ya this was a rather unique find, it's about a 15-20 minute hike to get to the spot, once I'm there, there is no one around. And there's a little stream near by as well. So it's pretty neet to find something like that right in the middle of a big city which is surrounded by farmland. My challenge is that where I'm located you have to be willing to drive at least 2 hrs to get to any form of wilderness, which for me I find a bit of a trek. I know it could be worse but still. This place is only about a 20 minute drive from my place. Next time I go I think what I'm gonna do is bring some kind of a tarp and put that inside of the shelter I built there, and work on the shelter some more. Also the goofy little things you learn, carving that spoon I cut my finger, and I thought..."wow you really got to watch what the hell you're doing". Like it was a minor cut, but if I was say way out of the city and what if I cut the finger right off? Like wow, gets you thinking.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
That's pretty cool.

I gotta ask. Are you sure it's that secret?
If something happens, are you sure people wouldn't head there??

I'm not sure if I should spill the beans but it literially is one of my bug out locations. I have a few others as well. But I like this one because no body goes there. It's not patrolled by cops as I found out some of the other parks are. And it's very hidden away. Like you drive to the end of this one strange neighborhood. Get to this abandon road. Walk down that for a while. Then there's a hidden path that juts off into the woods, you go on that for a while. Then at a key juncture, (not saying where) you jut off that small path straight threw the brush. But a tiny path starts to form, just enough to sqeeze threw. Then you go far enough and you get to an area that's flat and that's my spot, it's not heavily treed so you can move around a bit which is good, and it's hidden away on all sides. 3 sides is all brush, 1 side is a hill that if you go far enough up it leads to a path and behind that is a row of houses and the start of a neighborhood, but I'm far enough down the hill that "nobody" ventures down to where I am from up there. So it really is a strange little hide away in the middle of the city. And there's a stream not a 5 minute walk away so if I ever need water I have a pump filter system there. But my thought is I'm not gonna drink that unless there's a zombie apocalypse and I have no other option. I usually bring my lunch in with me and roast hot dogs and stuff. But this is a serious 72 hr bug out location and I could get there in as little as 20 minutes by car. I could even walk there in a few hours, but if I was on foot I have a closer bugg out location that's only just over an hr walk. Dont' get me wrong I'm not one of these survival prepers that think the sky is falling, I don't think that way at all. Infact if the shtf I'm just gonna stay where I am, but one never knows right ha ha.

edit on 25-6-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PheonixReborn

That's the weird thing, this place is really hidden away, but ya I've thought about buying some land, but I'd only buy in the next province over which is a 12 hr drive. But I might retire out there one day if I could ever get a new business successfully launched.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
its not a secret anymore we all know where it is know
you will have squatters when you go back beezzer and wrabbit are on the way

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I can do that in my woods at home. I have five and a half acres here, there are good places on it to set up a tent in the woods and pretend I am roughing it. Best part, I don't have to crap in the woods if I don't want to.

Darn deer would be using my tent for a high jump competition I suppose, they are always trying to jump over things around here for practice.
edit on 25-6-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hey that's awesome. Find the privacy while you sttill can. Not many people actually enjoy their own company. When you can I think its a sure sign of a true survivalist. Besides...who wants to hang with the zombies?? Unless there are camo like in The Walking Dead but I won't get off topic...can't wait for new season. Lol

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You went yesterday and the vid is from 2011?

I'm confused???

Peace

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Yeah, I live in the high desert and forests and I really miss the city life sometimes........ Nah, just kidding!

I hate the city.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Yeah, I live in the high desert and forests and I really miss the city life sometimes........ Nah, just kidding!

I hate the city.
all i see are trees and mountains and rivers i miss the city

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join