It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Doodle Strange Symbolism: Osama Bin Laden & 911 (25/06/13)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

evc1shop
I think it is actually a modified version of this sculpture of Antoni Gaudi with the beard stretched to make a G.

Yes. Correct.

Coverage here on Mashable: Google Pays Tribute to Antoni Gaudí With A Barely Recognizable Doodle

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

I thought the head sculpture has very similar features like the ridge on the top of the head, the round (hollow-like) eye sockets, the wide open mouth (sort of like "the scream") .

ETA: I zoomed in on the lower part of the image on the doodle trying to see what was in the mouth and what I see instead is a man in white off to the left of the face, staring into the mouth which looks like it has 2 lions in it. So a man staring into a lions den...
I don't know, maybe I should just stick with "it's just art"

edit on 25-6-2013 by evc1shop because: ETA

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

How clever, as the site owner by quoting a statement as verified you discourage further input within the conspiracy angle.

Of course i could be wrong, you could just be verifying...just like the picture might not have any meanings and the wave the other day might be just a wave.

However i found your post appropriately timed. I mean you no offense i just found it very convenient that's all.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Ok, I think this is where the totem likeness comes from:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by evc1shop
reply to post by carlitomoore

Not to go off track but....
How did you insert that image? I just used the image link and all it does is insert an external.... do I need to upload the image to the site first or is there a "feature" that takes the Image URL and does the upload and associates it to the page for you?

Here the best way to do it

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

eyezenmaitreya
How clever, as the site owner by quoting a statement as verified you discourage further input within the conspiracy angle.

Oh... sure, jump into the paranoid conclusion madness.

The fact that I'm also an Internet professional who frequents the type of sites that would cover the "Google Doodle" doesn't factor into it?

You take some kind of offense to a potential "conspiracy angle" to this being potentially disproven? Madness.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

The likeness in this one is much better than the first comparison, if I had seen this first then I probably wouldn't have questioned it.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I agree Skeptic, too me it looked like something that it evidently is not, more than a coincidence if anything.

I have read a lot of the works of Robert Anton Wilson among others and it is my opinion that everything we see is biased by our measurement instrument, i.e. our brain. I say biased because it has been proven that the brains ability to recall information is somewhat limited, and in such circumstances it 'fills in the gap' with what it thinks it saw.

In this case I saw an image and through my 'filter' (my eyes) my brain couldn't make a logical connection and it searched the library and made a connection to a similar image, i.e. Osama. The plane in the top left undoubtedly would have influenced this decision, as it would have added weight to the fact that this was related to Osama through association.

In essence every single one of us will interpret something different to everyone else, no two 'measurements' will ever be the same. To me that proves that reality is simply a construct of our own thought process, an interesting axiom.

In summary; just because Skeptic didn't agree, it doesn't mean there is a reason for it! It is just both your measurements don't match up! I think if people thought about such things for long enough there would never be any disagreements again.... But yet again we would probably all fall to Anarchy so fast that we would destroy each other before we had chance to begin to disagree!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join