It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil is holding us back, yes, but at the same time could this be for our own safety?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Ever wonder why we're still using oil, and not some super awesome infinite energy device?

I have, and I've been rather upset about it throughout my life. Oil seems so wasteful to me and we just keep making new ways to use it and further our dependency on it.

But then it came to me via researching why we haven't other things. Like Lightsabers, Laserguns, Hover cars, and other weird and wild future concepts.

Well those things need a better power source than what we have available, so actually the reason no one is running around with laser guns is the same reason we didn't have Ipods back in the 1960s, the parts needs required too much space to be mobile. Once we have a new form of energy that allows for mobility, then that's the time we have to worry about crime on a scale we've only yet wrote and made movies about.

We are talking about giving your nextdoor neighbor the power to build an atombomb, and that won't be the number one worry.

So with these things being said, is it not just for the greed of companies Oil is the number one means of energy in our world?

Or is it to prolong humanity until we're able to prevent lone gunman types or worse from carrying out wild scifi acts of terrorism or just brutality ( to not be political )

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Look at what these companies do to the planet. Look at how they attempt to cover up what they are doing, (and often succeed in doing so). They suppress clean and free energy aggressively. Do you honestly think they have ANYTHING other than their own interests at heart? They operate purely for profit. If they cared about the planet then they would not even bother drilling for oil in the first place and would put all their resources into better alternatives.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tranceopticalinclined

They care nothing for our safety. They view us as little more than insects.

If they truly cared maybe they would release some of the suppressed technology that they've been hoarding for decades.

Bear in mind, not all of this tech is energy based that can be used for making weapons harmful to us little folk.

Those in power will continue to rape the earth and soak us dry for as long as they are making profit.

Then when the oil is dried up or people demand something cleaner, they will trickle out some of their secret tech that they either paid and enormous sum of money, or killed someone for from the 80's or whenever and use it in some exploitive way much like oil.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

NO.................................

The same people suppressing free energy technology are the same people PURPOSEFULLY injecting negative influences into our society...

Maybe if the Rockefellers / Rothschilds weren't trying to increase the criminal population to make their private prison complexes more profitable.

MAYBE JUST MAYBE if that kinda BS wasn't happening our species would be more intelligent more peaceful and capable of having such technology.

If your going to look at something look at the full story. Don't just go "We are retarded, probably cant handle such tech". There is a reason and whos fault is that?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yes I understand the issues of NWO holding tech from us, But that's not the issue I'm addressing.
Even if someone creates or posts Open source plans for a free energy device, odds are we will have a hole in the earth or worse within 10 years. Let's be serious here, Humans like to tinker they also like to cut corners if they can combine the two and you have the saying " Stand back, I'm conducting science "

It's the matter of is humanity ready to handle this technology or are we still a little too lazy and narrowminded to be able to regulated it properly?

There is a reason you don't make kids Police officers, and why a baby doesn't get to drive.
edit on 26-6-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I believe that tinkering with technology and ideas is exactly what brought us to this point in our evolution.
If its dangerous, those who don't use caution will soon learn, those who do will be more careful.
Its human nature to adapt and overcome.

Besides, I'm sick and tired of the powers that be looking out for my best interest. If you ask me they are doing a s@#t job and I would much rather leave it up to myself.

They don't want that to happen though cause I think enough people feel as I do and we might end up using it against them.

new topics

top topics

join