Yuri Andropov, the KGB chief for 15 years before he became the Soviet premier, sent hundreds of agents and thousands of copies of propaganda literature to Muslim countries.
'By 1972,' according to the book, 'Andropov's disinformation machinery was working around the clock to persuade the Islamic world that Israel and the United States intended to transform the rest of the world into a Zionist fiefdom.'
'According to Andropov, the Islamic world was a petri dish in which the KGB community could nurture a virulent strain of America-hatred, grown from the bacterium of Marxist-Leninist thought.'
Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ndwork-Islamist-terrorism-U-S-Israeli-targets.html#ixzz2XG4IYWhz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Marxist-Leninist thought, now that sounds familiar.
Here the reader will discover answers to many crucial questions of the modern era: Why, during the last two generations, has so much of the Western world turned against its founding faith, Christianity? Why have radical Islam, jihad and terrorism burst aflame after a long period of apparent quiescence? Why is naked Marxism increasingly manifesting in America and its NATO allies? What really happened to Russia after the Berlin Wall came down? Like the solution to a giant jigsaw puzzle lacking one crucial piece, Disinformation authoritatively provides the missing dimension that makes the chaos of the modern world finally understandable.
By its very nature, a disinformation campaign can work only if the seemingly independent Western press accepts intentionally fabricated lies and presents them to the public as truth. Thus, Pacepa and Rychlak also document how the U.S. "mainstream media's" enduring sympathy for all things liberal-left has made it vulnerable to--indeed, the prime carrier of--civilization-transforming campaigns of lying, defamation and historical revisionism that turn reality on its head.
In Disinformation, you'll discover:
* How destroying the reputation of good leaders has been developed into a high art and science.
* How Pope Pius XII --a generation ago the world's most high-profile Christian leader, who personally saved countless Jews from Hitler's Holocaust--was transformed, through the magic of disinformation, into a Nazi sympathizer.
* How Christianity and Judaism have been targeted for constant denigration and defamation through an ongoing campaign of disinformation.
* How the Soviet bloc planted 4,000 agents of influence in the Islamic world, armed with hundreds of thousands of copies of the most infamous anti-Semitic book in history, to fan the flames of ancient Arab resentments against the U.S. and Israel and sow the seeds of anti-Semitism that would later bloom in the form of violence and terror toward Jews and Christians.
* How the defamatory attacks on American soldiers John Kerry made before Congress upon his return from Vietnam--charges later discredited and repudiated--were identical to a contemporaneous KGB disinformation campaign concocted to turn Americans against their own leaders.
* How supposedly respectable institutions like the World Council of Churches have long been infiltrated and controlled by Russian intelligence.
* How much of the world came to believe that the U.S. government itself masterminded the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
* How the Soviet Union has been transformed into the first intelligence dictatorship in history.
* How disinformation is still very much alive in the age of Obama, remaining a powerful engine in the ongoing socialist transformation of America.
Watching the actions of obozo over the years, I believe he truly is a communist. Remember the off-mic comment to then president medevdev (sp?) in russia - paraphrasing - "Just wait till after the next election - I'll have a lot more sway."
Makes me question the NSA snowden also - he's in russia right now - supposedly.
Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
The book referenced in the OP, based on what is in the OP, seems interesting. Some of it seems to relate to truth. Some to anti-Russian hysteria.
At the end of the day, the US has not played a fair game, either. I am sure we are somewhat victims of various propaganda. At least equally, if not more, however would be us being victims of our own doing as well.
Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Stormdancer777
Is a fact that how information is disseminated into the public at the right time and specific moments will dictate what views the people will have after, even if the preliminary information is wrong and the second wage is the truth, people will take was is put into their brains first.
It is a wonderful thing to see how manipulation of peoples ideas and believes is achieve by the right sources with the right content.
You don't have to go any far than how the Obama campaign was run for his first elections, he was able to fool me.
But smart people learn from their mistakes.