It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers Search for Gunman Who Opened Fire on Detectives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Officers Search for Gunman Who Opened Fire on Detectives

www.nbclosangeles.com

Officers are searching a Mid-City neighborhood for a gunman who ambushed two detectives as they arrived Tuesday morning at a Los Angeles Police Department station in what the police chief called an "attempt to assassinate" members of the department.

The search for the gunman forced closures along a half-mile stretch of La Brea Avenue and one mile of Venice Boulevard. Businesses in the 25-square block around the Wilshire Community Police Station (map) remain closed and a shelter-in-place order was issued for residents.

www.nbclosangeles.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6/25/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/25/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Don't think telling LA residents to go to their room and stay there is going top fly.

The cops have burned a lot of bridges over the decades

"This was a blatant attempt to assassinate two of the people who protect this community," said LAPD Chief Charlie Beck.

Well Charlie how long did you think that your out of control cops could step on people before they had enough?

Police do not have a detailed description of the gunman, Smith said.

Which means they are going to shoot to kill anyone not in police uniform.

I should dress in black with an eventing vest- would be the safest outfit.

www.nbclosangeles.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

the video on the page seems to have been flushed down the memoryhole

Walt Robinson · Top Commenter
You know it's a rough neighborhood when the police station is a gated community.
Reply · 7 ·
· 4 hours ago

said LAPD Commander Andy Smith. "These officers were ambushed as they were pulling into the station.
"We believe whoever did this knows this is a police station and that anybody entering that lot is a police employee."...

it was a hidden police station? ROFL

if you're not doing anything wrong... [insert trollface here]

Smith was asked whether he thought the gunman was a rogue officer with motives similar to those of ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner, who targeted law enforcement agents as part of a revenge plot. Smith said that was an extremely unlikely possibility.

LMFAO! that reporter is looking to get shot; smith probably had to change his underwear after the interview

edit on 25-6-2013 by TheMagus because: added comment

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
So when Hastings was killed in a car crash two miles a way on North Highland.Just another day in Cali. When two cops get shot at on South Highland the whole town goes into lock down. And I don't think they will get much help after promising millions of dollars bounty for Dormer and then not paying it out. They can't even be trusted to pay a bounty they offer.
edit on 25-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There does seem to be some kind of problem. A known terrorist running the streets who did a bombing killing and injuring many people and the cops do nothing. But those same guys kill one security guard and a whole city goes on lock down and thousand of officers were brought in to find them. The people don't matter but kill a cop or security guard and the city will go into marshal law. What are they protecting there authority or the people?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This is standard police tactics....meet any resistance...be it the little old lady or the SLA with guns drawn, they meet everything with overwhelming force.....thats how they instill the FEAR......

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

No one was killed, One had a slight head wound the other a hand wound, there are worse injuries in a soccer game and yet they lock down a very crowded, very busy area of people who are just trying to get to work.

If it were me I'm just cranky enough to get in my truck and go to work anyhow, If stopped I'd argue with them. What they call "Shelter in Place" is just another term for "House Arrest"

We have to stop accepting being treated like doormats or it will just get worse.

edit on 25-6-2013 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

I would say the businesses in the area should sue for loss of sales do to closing. Maybe a large bill will make them think about it.

top topics

join