It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My life will be complete when...............................

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

My life will be complete when...............................

I get to leave quietly... Hopefully painlessly as well...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

No
But it was a requirement that I knew how to jump, if I were to get into an area within a time limit.

It was more to do with rescue than anything else.

Cody

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
When you stop lying to yourself that there is a completion point. It's circular, not linear.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Ever decreasing ?

Cody

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Fun though, right? We used to joke that the army could squeeze the fun out of anything; including jumping out of planes.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by Lysergic

Ever decreasing ?

Cody

never ending

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What I want to do

Learn to fence

Hike the whole Appalachian trail from beginning to end.

Visit the Pyramids

Get lost in the Amazon

Visit the Forbidden city in China...as well as see the sacred mountains well pretty much I just want to see China and all it has to offer.

Own a pirate ship and a chest full of gems. Probably need sailing lessons first, lol. It's a dream I had since first watching Goonies and it has never left me.

Find the cure to aging.

Own this car right here: www.velocityjournal.com...

What I have done

Visited Germany...loved it the best damn cup of coffee EVER can be had there.

Im on my way again to finishing school...took a small detour to have a family but now i'm back on track.

Helping my children to grow into responsible adults one day who treat other humans with respect, kindness and most importantly love themselves and come to understand that life and all the little things in it are wonderful. If I can at least do that then i'll be complete.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Wanna see the footprint on the back of my old jacket ?

My last jump was at night and as a lightweight I had to carry the radio so I didn't drift too far off course.

Instead of quietly coming together all I heard was, ouch my back, bugger my knee, I'm too old for this, Cody you're the medic get over here.

It was a short lived exercise

Cody

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
What I want to do

Get lost in the Amazon

You're a brave one

Thats one fine piece of machinery!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

Nice car
Cody

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
My life will be complete when I own and operate a dog shelter.

I love dogs, and I hate to see them lookin sad

However, having enough land and all the buildings associated with having a doggie shelter might make it very hard for me to let go of them at all. It would be like the Hilton of dog shelters - pools, ball shooting machines, the best food, steak on sundays, central heating AND aircon, and about 20 acres of land for playing.

hmmmm all I need to do is win the lottery.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Blummin heck Cody,

If i could have been there yesterday i would have done and contributed in my best possible way...

Sadly, all this week i am driving all over France and don't get the chance to have a decent WiFi access in the crappy hotels where i stay!

Promise that on Monday i will read your thread and post...

Deepest apologies my friend

Rod

Ps. Erm... and excuses for the state i was in during my phone call... was celebrating my B Day (which is tomorrow and ended up at the local bakers again!)... Shhhh don't tell anyone

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

What I want to do

Learn to fence

Hike the whole Appalachian trail from beginning to end.

Visit the Pyramids

Get lost in the Amazon

Visit the Forbidden city in China...as well as see the sacred mountains well pretty much I just want to see China and all it has to offer.

Own a pirate ship and a chest full of gems. Probably need sailing lessons first, lol. It's a dream I had since first watching Goonies and it has never left me.

Find the cure to aging.

What I have done

Visited Germany...loved it the best damn cup of coffee EVER can be had there.

Im on my way again to finishing school...took a small detour to have a family but now i'm back on track.

Helping my children to grow into responsible adults one day who treat other humans with respect, kindness and most importantly love themselves and come to understand that life and all the little things in it are wonderful. If I can at least do that then i'll be complete.

I have about 250 linear meters of fencing to put up if you are interested?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Oh dear, i forgot to mention...

My life will be complete when :

Erm... Anyone seen Alyssa Milano hanging around? (J)

Honest answer : When i am aware that all my loved ones and all those people that i have ever had the chance of meeting or discussing with are truly and deeply happy because i contributed to their happiness.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 26-6-2013 by Rodinus because: Ewwwwe a whisky too much!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Lol, that's pretty much what my husband says to me when I mention wanting to learn fencing, tells me he'll put to me work, haha.

Lysergic....I wouldn't say brave but i'm an explorer at heart and to see and experience something untouched by most men, a place like no other, so untamed, so wild....well that would be something this side of wonderfuI. It won't stay that way forever. I would however make it the last place on my list to visit just in case.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Rodinus

Lol, that's pretty much what my husband says to me when I mention wanting to learn fencing, tells me he'll put to me work, haha.

Lysergic

And when you have finished cementing all those poles and pulling the wires and have a little time left, is it possible for you to kindly put the kettle on for a quick cuppa? (mines 1 sugar and black please)

And then i will let you go about making sure that everything on the fence is well strung before you hit making the dinner and doing the ironing.... OOOerrrrrrrr!!!! (i wouldn't dare my dear!)

You want to be careful in the response that you gave to Lysergic... If some people have twisted senses of humour such as mine that phrase could easily be turned around! (But i must admit... quite poetic!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 26-6-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Consider yourself lucky. My life has been a complete failure as I've accomplished absolutely nothing. I'm just waiting to die, hopefully peacefully and before TEOTWAWKI. I doubt I would get that lucky, though.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm not sure if the OP meant for this to be so deep, but it has seriously got me thinking about my answer. I think the best I can come up with is: My life will be complete when I can, finally, totally, and completely lose my ego. Then the life inside of me shall begin anew. Thanks for making me delve a little deep, OP.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Hi friend, Well, my life has always been completely, complete.
I have always lived my life to the fullest and as if each day was my last so not much was left out. Gotta say sky diving woulda been a blast tho...or a splash, depending on the outcome.

Seriously, when I "go" out tho, I wish it would be while saving another persons life...sounds corney I know but what a way to go...better than wearing a diaper and throwing food at the nurses while in a dementia state while in a nursing home.

Actually tho, can't deny I'd love the adventure of traveling through outer space with buckets of strawberry ice cream, a tireless massage therapist, dozens of roses all around the place and in the company of Johnny Depp and Robert Pattinson and also a good reflexologist rubbing my knobby feet til I'd fall asleep and then wake up and do it all over again.
...perhaps in a different order.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

My life will be complete when . . . . .

I get a walk on role in a zombie film or tv series.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join