It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Putin: Snowden still in Moscow airport transit zone, won't be extradited!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is so cool!!
Wish that more like Snowden comes forward to break the evil tyranny the US governtment has becomed.

And to you guys out there who wants Snowden in jail for 70 years or more for givin up his life fighting for freedom you should not label yourself as patriots.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

And why should he be extradited? He exposed the truth and if you think that's wrong then you're insane.

Snowden was a sysadmin who worked with TS clearance in the NSA and ran to the Chinese and now the Russians to "expose" legal operations. He is a traitor. He should serve a long long jail sentence.
Now, if you think the legal operations are illegal then get a lawyer and sue the Government. If your angry with what they are doing, vote them out. Your opinion is just a minority. Why don't you flee to a "free" country like China or Russian and live the good life?

Yeah sure, why not!? because suing the government is easy, inexpensive and the odds are in our favor.
No need to flee anywhere else, we just gotta do what we gotta do!!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

This is the basic of national law. ANY nation's law ends at its national borders.

No they don't. Your logic is flawed. It is too simplistic. If a person commits a crime in one country and flees to another country they do not get a " do over" they don't get instant freedom and benefits of country they landed in. They are not a citizen of that country for one thing. The country may have laws specifically referencing these types of instances or they may simply decide to transfer them elsewhere. Again, these decisions are not made in a vacuum. There may be no specific law for the persons instance. But most first world countries do have procedures and depending on those procedures is how the persons fate is handled.

Try this, go and commit some crimes in your country. Now, simply go across the border to another country and confess. If you are right, nothing will happen and they will let you go. If i am right you will likely be detained and your fate decided by those in power. See how easy it is to dismiss your logic?

V

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GFDGFS

Yeah sure, why not!? because suing the government is easy, inexpensive and the odds are in our favor.

Your argument is silly and easily disproved. There are plenty of organizations in the United States who actively sue and bring legal objections against the US government all the time, even when they are likely to fail. Call the ACLU and ask them, "What is it you folks do exactly?"

Anyone in the US can sue any one else for all manner of frivolous reasons. One might argue the US allows these types of suits far to easily in fact. If you are poor and cannot afford a lawyer, rest assured there are people who are not poor and can in fact, afford lawyers. You may even find a lawyer who will bring the suit on your behalf " Pro Bono."

V

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Russia does have it's "moments." +4 respect points awarded toooo.....(!) Russia via Putin for their quality decisions on this matter. Yes, I'm keeping tabs, like Karma
Thank you thank you, Putin for showing civility and good character to Mr. Snowden - until next time. Keep Snowden safe! Pictures or it didn't happen doesn't apply this time to whoever said that earlier, sorry.

To you passionate entrepreneurs out there: "Follow in snowden's footsteps and keep 'em coming, keep 'em coming."

edit on 26-6-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Good!

www.campaignforliberty.org...

Ron Paul:

My understanding is that espionage means giving secret or classified information to the enemy. Since Snowden shared information with the American people, his indictment for espionage could reveal (or confirm) that the US Government views you and me as the enemy.

I'm not so sure. I think we all know what kind of man Putin is. Do you really think they aren't blackmailing him? It's clear Snowden has some real information (even more than they're telling imo) and I can very easily see Putin offering to not hand him over if he shares it, and that makes him a traitor. I don't think it's a coincidence he was/is in 2 of the world biggest threats country wise.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

Originally posted by BeReasonable

Dont be fooled by putins actions vs his intentions, he is not respecting the law because its the right thing to do, he's effectively sticking it to the US under the cover of abiding by international law, If it suited him to detain Snowden you can garuantee thats what would happen

Is that to say, abiding by international law is sticking it to the US if the US wants you to break or ignore international law?

Just curiosity, it reads a bit confusing because abiding by international law is simply honoring the rule of law.
edit on 25-6-2013 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

what i am saying is, do you really think Putin would let Snowden travel freely through russian teriitory if Putin wanted him for the russians, even if detaining him was against international law? Power countries like the US, Russia and China only play by the rules when it suits them

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
reply to post by Guenter

This is the basic of national law. ANY nation's law ends at its national borders.

No they don't. Your logic is flawed. It is too simplistic. If a person commits a crime in one country and flees to another country they do not get a " do over" they don't get instant freedom and benefits of country they landed in. They are not a citizen of that country for one thing. The country may have laws specifically referencing these types of instances or they may simply decide to transfer them elsewhere. Again, these decisions are not made in a vacuum. There may be no specific law for the persons instance. But most first world countries do have procedures and depending on those procedures is how the persons fate is handled.

Try this, go and commit some crimes in your country. Now, simply go across the border to another country and confess. If you are right, nothing will happen and they will let you go. If i am right you will likely be detained and your fate decided by those in power. See how easy it is to dismiss your logic?

V

I repeat again the law of your country ends at it's borders. Simple as that. If I cross over to another country it depends if that country sees MY crime committed in MY country also a crime. And this alone decides if a return will be made or not. And Snowdon's "crime" is "political". Meaning it is not common murder or so, just the way the US interprets treason vs. how other countries interpret treason. This is ONE of the reasons Interpol did NOT get involved in the manhunt, because it is political. And I reside in Canada and know of a few cases where even a common murderer in the US fled to Canada and these guys have appealed return till the US can guarantee that the death penalty is not given to them. So even a "normal" crime or "universal crime" had different punishments. in Canada it is life in prison. So even the law on murder end at the border. This is why countries have borders and this is what "sovereignty" means. Past this line of a border your law is null and void.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

And I reside in Canada and know of a few cases where even a common murderer in the US fled to Canada and these guys have appealed return till the US can guarantee that the death penalty is not given to them.

Hmm, sounds like logic and reasoning is lost on you. Could you provide a link to the information that the Canadian government has let a murderer of a US citizen go free? If this is true, it would seem that any person in the US who committed murder could simply flee to Canada and live a happy care-free life.

You did not submit an answer to my question, why not commit a crime and flee to another country where they simply ignore your transgressions. If what you say is true, and one countries laws end at there borders, nothing would happen to them, right? IF i am right, then it is more complicated than that.

V

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Putin is a blatant liar. Don't listen to him.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Seriously

Nobody ever expected Russia or China to hand over an NSA/CIA worker such as Snowden carrying suitcases full of information on US/UK intelligence & defense programs, did they ....what.... they did?

Its nothing more than a show of words tbh, Snowden won't ever go home, because he knows he will hang for treason for colluding with the enemies regardless of what he exposed first, hopefully he gets blow up in Chechnya by terrorists, because Russia doesn't have programs like the NSA to thwart homegrown terrorist attacks do they

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

Originally posted by Unity_99
Good!

www.campaignforliberty.org...

Ron Paul:

My understanding is that espionage means giving secret or classified information to the enemy. Since Snowden shared information with the American people, his indictment for espionage could reveal (or confirm) that the US Government views you and me as the enemy.

I'm not so sure. I think we all know what kind of man Putin is. Do you really think they aren't blackmailing him? It's clear Snowden has some real information (even more than they're telling imo) and I can very easily see Putin offering to not hand him over if he shares it, and that makes him a traitor. I don't think it's a coincidence he was/is in 2 of the world biggest threats country wise.

Its good to see more & more people waking up to these obvious facts, hat of for seeing through the BS and idiots that can't see they have been fooled

Why else did Snowden take many laptops full of secrets, not just one... but many

To China & Russia

Was he naive to think he could bargain with them?

Maybe he was recruited or wanted to do a deal, who knows right now... but lol if Snowden ever thought he wouldn't be exploited & blackmailed all i know is by the time Russia & China are done with him Western defense programs will be useless from attacks and more military technology stolen,

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

No way will Russia ever give the guy to the USA.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

No way will Russia ever give the guy to the USA.

USA 400 Russia 1

The game is obvious the US has dropped points with its citizens in the past decade it was only a matter of time before Russia & China would pull one back

edit on 30-6-2013 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5   >>

join