It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Putin: Snowden still in Moscow airport transit zone, won't be extradited!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archie

And as for his insurance files, the US are crapping themselves about what exactly he's got, and so is Australia. They seem to think he's got "practically everything", whatever that means. The way they've been carrying on in past days points to their panic. He's got them on the ropes.

As long as no one is being injured or put in jeopardy with the info, I am ALL for it.

As long as Assange isn't "using" anyone for his own Agenda, I am all for it. See, I still have a problem with Jullian's use of Manning. The whole story hasn't come out, contrary to what has . Manning could face execution for his part, but Assange wont. There's something wrong with that. Those that usually call themselves revolutionists are willing to do whatever it takes for freedom. Not run or hide. Its always been a sore spot for me.

Snowden on the other hand knows exactly what hes doing.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
They're not seeking the death penalty for Manning.

Manning Trial Transcripts are here if you're interested.
edit on 26-6-2013 by Archie because: just throwing in a free set of steak knives

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
it is ALL theatre at this stage.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Archie

The largest of the charges that lead prosecutor Maj. Ashden Fein is attempting to pin on Manning is that of Aiding the Enemy, which would result in the death penalty.

Any person who— (1) aids, or attempts to aid, the enemy with arms, ammunition, supplies, money, or other things; or (2) without proper authority, knowingly harbors or protects or gives intelligence to, or communicates or corresponds with or holds any intercourse with the enemy, either directly or indirectly; shall suffer death or such other punishment as a court-martial or military commission may direct. This section does not apply to a military commission established under chapter 47A of this title.

Pvt. Bradley Manning Finally in Court and Could Get Death Penalty

Unless something has changed, I thought they were. I could be mistaken though.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

They're not seeking the death penalty for Manning.

Manning Trial Transcripts are here if you're interested.
edit on 26-6-2013 by Archie because: just throwing in a free set of steak knives

Will take a look...Thank you.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Manning has pled guilty to ten of the charges against him with a maximum sentence of 16 years. But the Obama administration, clearly alarmed at the ease of such a classified info hemorrhage, is continuing to try Manning on the other 12 charges. Wikipedia (which has no connection to Wikileaks) reports that the most remaining serious charge is "aiding the enemy," a capital offense, though prosecutors have said they would not seek the death penalty. Still if convicted on that charge Manning could face life imprisonment.

Bradley Manning Trial: Is Our Future an Orwellian Nightmare Or Information Anarchy?

Sorry, about the source, i grabbed the first one I found - can't believe they quote Wikipedia "which has no connection to Wikileaks" OMG *facepalm*...
edit on 26-6-2013 by Archie because: really sorry...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Archie

Could Prosecutors change there mind? I know this Administration wants to make examples out of Whistle blowers.....

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by The0nlytruth

And why should he be extradited? He exposed the truth and if you think that's wrong then you're insane.
edit on 25-6-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

Like it or not.

He broke the official secrets act (or American equivalent)
And in the process committed treason.

To uphold the law you must obey the law.

How can you trust anything a man who breaks national security and every solemn vow he must have made to be able to work on those projects.

A man who believes in the law would agree to be punished for breaking it.

Snowden is a hypocrite and a waste of life.
No man stands before his shadow at all.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Sorry, about the source, i grabbed the first one I found - can't believe they quote Wikipedia "which has no connection to Wikileaks" OMG *facepalm*..

Its all good brother.

I just want to know the truth.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmmonSeth

Some British folks would have said the same thing of George Washington....I would believe.

For me its this. We now know of Widespread surveillance being used on Americans. One man is facing a plethora of "crimes" because he gave away those secrets. He will have to face the punishment alone for said crimes.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

And why should he be extradited? He exposed the truth and if you think that's wrong then you're insane.

Like it or not.

How can you trust anything a man who breaks national security and every solemn vow he must have made to be able to work on those projects.

I could only agree with your premise, if the Laws we are supposedly ruled under, were applied equally to all. They are not. If you know the right person, or are the right person, the Laws don't apply to you. Just ask Holder, and any of the IRS agents blatantly lying to the U.S. Senate, in hearing after hearing.

I support Snowden. At least through him, we are getting to hear and see the Truth. It's a very ugly Truth too.

Des

edit on 26-6-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Good!

www.campaignforliberty.org...

Ron Paul:

My understanding is that espionage means giving secret or classified information to the enemy. Since Snowden shared information with the American people, his indictment for espionage could reveal (or confirm) that the US Government views you and me as the enemy.

Damn, at 78, this man is sharp as hell!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by Unity_99
Good!

www.campaignforliberty.org...

Ron Paul:

My understanding is that espionage means giving secret or classified information to the enemy. Since Snowden shared information with the American people, his indictment for espionage could reveal (or confirm) that the US Government views you and me as the enemy.

Damn, at 78, this man is sharp as hell!

Quit posting brilliance, eLPresidente.......................

Just imagine what wouldn't be happening, if he was President.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Archie

Could Prosecutors change there mind? I know this Administration wants to make examples out of Whistle blowers.....

Can they do that after a trial has commenced? Is there a legal brain in the house?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Archie

Do they really?

Or are they manipulating them, and us for a yet unseen agenda?

For a country is that suppose to be pure evil they sure do like to let the 'cat out of the bag' far too often which means all whistle blowers are suspect imo,.

As they direct a narrative of what they want to talk about.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

reply to post by Archie

Do they really?

Or are they manipulating them, and us for a yet unseen agenda?

For a country is that suppose to be pure evil they sure do like to let the 'cat out of the bag' far too often which means all whistle blowers are suspect imo,.

As they direct a narrative of what they want to talk about.

Dude.

That scares the hell out of me. Always has when I think of it.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Like it or not.

?? What sort of act did he break?

The moment you start understanding what "Protected Under National Security" means is the moment you understand that that does not hold true.

Crimes committed in projects classified under national security would thereby never be able to be exposed in any legal way by anyone. And so you by supporting that which you just said, you just subscribed to the notion that you or anyone else will never and should never expose such crimes and thus allowing them to occur.

Submittance by incompetence.
It is paradoxical. Ironically, it would make you a enabler with that statement.

He signed contracts and NDA's, It is very unlikely that he made any legal vows. There is one problem with that and that is that the contracts he signed have to abide by the same laws you and i live under. That means that the contracts only have legal binding if they themselves were legal in the first place.

A contract (or NDA if you will) that implicit you to do and support criminal/unlawful activity is not binding by any definition and so cannot be broken as it itself is illegal and has no validity. Owning up to such a contract would actually be a criminal act.

If you follow your own reasoning there, you would actually be saying that Mr.Snowden would have broken the law if he did not step forward with the information. And yet again the same when he did.

In one of these situations he would have kept the public from knowing of crimes being committed and thereby committing one himself. In the other he makes the public aware of crimes being committed and would help prevent such crimes in the future ,but he needs to break a law in order to do so.

Which of these two is more productive in supporting and upholding the law you hold so dear to you?

edit on 26-6-2013 by Shadowphile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I went through this thread hoping someone beat me to pointing out the irony and stupidity of the praise Russia is getting for helping Snowden out.

After all, Putin and the KGB have such a wonderful record of looking after whistleblowers don't they?

Like Alexander Litvinenko for example.

edit on 26-6-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

I went through this thread hoping someone beat me to pointing out the irony and stupidity of the praise Russia is getting for helping Snowden out.

After all, Putin and the KGB have such a wonderful record of looking after whistleblowers don't they?

Like Alexander Litvinenko for example.

edit on 26-6-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

But that only addresses how they would treat their own whistle blowers. In that respect they are no better or worse then the U.S or China. A more fitting comparison would be "What would the U.S do with a fleeing russian whistle blower".

edit on 26-6-2013 by Shadowphile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Ripples in a (seemingly) different pond, eh des?

I've been following these various Snowden/Hastings/PRISM threads for a bit now and can see that many more people seem to be interested in the actors rather than the story...

Why is that?

Bread and Circuses

Plain and simple

smyleegrl has an excellent thread:

Why Americans Will Continue to Support a Corrupt Government

The thing is, it's not just America.

We are seeing a systematic invasion in as many areas as physically and technically possible. All cross the globe.

Tyrannical governments come in many forms. But they all sure similarities.

Each click, keystroke, page view, phone call, text message, commercial skipped or watched, programs subscribed, car you drive... the minutiae of a life captured, analyzed, and distributed across the cyber aether.

Something we ran in to a lot of in the massive Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake thread was Normalcy Bias.

That may be some of what we see in response to the notion of how big big brother actually is. People find it too much to face, so they focus on what they can grasp. Where is Eric Snowden, was Hastings running from someone, is Assange using Manning, etc...

Most of us here had an idea, but it's starting to get a bit scary.

Who needs drones?

We find that newer cars can be wirelessly hacked and remotely controlled.

Well you say you'll drive and older car. Ok, what's to stop a hacked car from being driven into you?

What the governments are doing to their people wouldn't make for a plausible movie script and yet, here it is in "real life."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join