It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog Cloned by Owner for 100 K

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Dog cloned by Owner for 100 K

www.dailyma il.co.uk

Lancelot Encore, the cloned version of Sir Lancelot who goes by 'Lancey' for short, was the first cloned dog and he was born in 2009. BioArts, the American partner, suspended their commercial cloning service in September 2009, though the process is still completed in South Korea.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 25-6-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
So I am thinking that this is the beggining of the abuse of the cloning industry. What if animals dont want to be cloned?.
I mean just supposing its abusive to clone someone without their consent But hey they are animals who cares as to what their rights are.

I am also wondering where this also leads to inregards to human cloning which will probably happen within most of our life times.
And the ethics in association with this.

Not to mention the misuse of the business regarding " money".

Yes, its exciting but think of the amount of corruption that could happen in the industry.

Could this be the start of a " master race". I think its clear to see thats whats happening in science today could have consequences.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Yes, its exciting but think of the amount of corruption that could happen in the industry.
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Like cloning an entire army of elite super soldiers? I can see that as a possibility in the future. A country with that type of technology would be unstoppable.

Scary to think about.

S&F

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
We have to learn to let go, as a race in common.
Every life is different, so why not enjoy the ride and take it as it is.
I mean, I don´t want my kids or my pets to be cloned after loosing them, it´s eerie and it creeps me out.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Whats worse is that they dont discuss the ethics they just go right ahead and do it.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
If we´re able to do it,
we´ll do it

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

Dog cloned by Owner for 100 K

Science fiction becomes science fact again. See the movie "The 6th Day". They say in that movie that cloning a human costs over a million dollars I think, but it's a more advanced cloning process that even clones memories.

The character played by Schwarzenegger is horrified at the idea of getting their dog cloned but his family talks him into it. It does seem kind of creepy to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Makes you wonder if there isnt already tons of cloned humans. Ive not seen any
But things could get complicated very fast, the way things are going

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
May his dog and him fight eat other for air to breathe in their hermetically sealed deathtrap of a security future home, or so I am assuming since HE CLONED A DOG! How pompous do you want to be known as?

I understand humankind is the " Can I do it? " species but doesn't mean we need to, this is how zombies will one day occur, or something even worse. Scifi isn't too far off from what I've seen, we are merely in the cusp of what we deem Supernatural and /or paranormal.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Like cloning an entire army of elite super soldiers?

I think the first purpose will be slavery. That could easily become a human traffickers dream - a person that isn't missing.

It makes me think of the Sonmi character and the replicant class of people of the Cloud Atlas story. Nobody cared about them because they were just clones.
edit on 25-6-2013 by stutteringp0et because: fix quote

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well they have done it! We are officially immortal.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have always struggled to understand how human cloning would work... it's fairly obvious to me that when I die nothing can bring me back, I am more than just the meat that makes up my body. You can't transfer consciousness or memories, so even if I were cloned it still wouldn't be me regardless of the resemblance. So I don't think many people would be interested in a clone of their loved one that doesn't really know who they are or has to start from baby and wouldn't turn out as the same person as no two lives are going to share the same experiences. This seems like a non issue at this point I guess, maybe if they figure out how to keep a brain alive in a jar and put it in a new body that would be cool, but cloning seems like a waste of time.

I guess when it's just a dog looks are enough, but it wouldn't work with humans and if these people weren't probably shallow rich people who get whatever they want they would realize that clone isn't their dog.
edit on 6/25/2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well science has now achieved " reincarnation".

The dog owner wanted " control" .
That is to have the same dog in temperament and behaviour, looks and strenghs/weaknesses.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I for one think this is pretty cool.
I bet the guy was disappointed to realize that Lancey doesn't remember all his old tricks.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

Well, there's the Dune style of cloning - Duncan Idaho was cloned repeatedly for his fighting capabilities, not his personality. They learn that he must have key events occur in order to become a loyal and feared fighting machine.

Then, the Cloud Atlas style of cloning - Sonmi was a cloned servant - one of many replicant class clones valued for their obedience.

Of course, we can't forget Creator, a movie from 1985 where a man wants to clone his dead wife, for obvious reasons.

I have previously considered having my cat cloned, but after considering the possible spiritual implications I've decided against it. In her final days (after an apparent stroke), she wasn't the same cat. It was as if she instantly became feral, having lost all of her personality and memory. The 19 year old had forgotten everyone, and everything. Maybe her soul left her body because she had completed her task in this life, or maybe I just want to believe that.

Scientists have figured out all of the technical aspects; the most troublesome aspect of cloning is the one we understand the least - the soul.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by stutteringp0et

Being a non religious person, what you refer to as a soul, is what I was referring to as consciousness and combined memories and events in one's lifetime that shape the personality. So yeah, that's pretty much the issue. Like I said you can clone this bag of meat that constitutes my body, but you still wouldn't have ME.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Well they have done it! We are officially immortal.

A body is one thing. A personality, thoughts, experiences, skills, etc... are all unique to the individual regardless of where the body comes from.

Until they can backup and restore the totality of the mind we're still a ways away from immortality.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well they are an EXACT clone - if you had 10 clones of you on this planet how would you feel?
They arent like twins with slight variations. They are an exact replica .

Say they were being used for experimental purposes, or just as " clinical projects".

Really come on now...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

As long as they werent trying to pass themselves off as me I wouldnt care.

I'd totally try to sue for royalties though.

There may very well be clones of me (or you) somewhere I dont know about.
Until it has been proved there arent there just might be.
edit on 25-6-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You have no compassion for yourself? lol

Hilarious. If I saw me's cloned, I think I would not want just money I would want to know exactly what was happening with the other " me's".

I couldnt just stand by and see a clone of me being mistreated,

<<   2 >>

join