It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judaism, Still Waiting For A Messiah ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Abbas has been trying to negotiate another election in Gaza for years now, but Hamas keeps dissing him.
I think it is the other way around, that if the so-called Palestinian Territories were to hold an election, Abbas would be out and Hama would be running that too, in addition to Gaza. The Palestinians see Abbas now as a sell-out to the Israeli regime.
edit on 26-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Your comments reflect the confusion of Judeo-Christian beliefs about the seventy weeks. After your comments I did a Google image search on this, all I can say is Satan has done a god job of sowing confusion into this. The people that think this is present and future are just wrong.

Then something has gone terribly wrong and satan's chain is way too long if the millennial reign has come and gone, and we're all very screwed. Because I cannot imagine that the new heaven and earth would be the same rotting death, murdering, baby killing, money grubbing, adultery committing, promiscuous fornicating, lying, cheating, stealing, abusing, warring world as what we have today. Does this world look like the curse is undone? Has every element in this world been destroyed by fire?

Not to mention Jesus hasn't split the Mt of Olives in two (Zech 14:3-4) yet, so until that happens...I think it's safe to say, we didn't miss anything. Can't be.
edit on 26-6-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Might I tell you that in the Koran Allah gave the land to the Jews to inherit forever . Night Journey in the Koran expresses this .

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

. . . Allah gave the land to the Jews . . .
Feel free to quote the part that you think says that.
What it looks like to me is a retelling of the exodus story but with The Lord being Allah, and Moses a Muslim.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Can you provide a link to your source was we can try and make heads or tails out of what you're trying to say?

I did, it's the bible

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

That's not cutting it. Where's the link to the picture?

edit on 26-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The Quran , Surah 17;104 . The Muslims do not deny this is true . But they claim that the people in Israel now are Khazars and not Gods Jews .

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

That's not cutting it. Where's the link to the picture?

edit on 26-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

Link

edit on 26-6-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

What site did the pic come from?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

What site did the pic come from?

It's a screen cap I took months ago and saved to my ATS uploaded pictures, here.....

Link # 2

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Surah 17;104

Quote the version that you are reading because the translation that I am reading says nothing like you are claiming.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw
Yerp, the corrupt jews cant wait for the anti-christ, they are as anti-christ as anyone can get, they consipred to kill Jesus how much more anti/against christ can you get. I think its pretty obvious to the muslims and the christians with more than half a brain that Jesus is the messiah and the jews who didnt/dont accept Jesus as the messiah are the exact jews who will/would embrace the anti-christ/moshiac when he arrives. All we need is the christians to wake up and stop treating the anti-christs army(jews) as their friends, kick them out of your governments and your country for that matter.

At the moment most people on earth work half their lives to pay off interest/usury that is forbidden to the christians jews and muslims, yet the treacherous jews dont care about taking non-jews money(I'm sure you'll understand if you've read their books) through forbidden means. Fancy that we sit here working half our lives for a bunch of corrupt jews and their blind followers and still cant group together to bring them down. We muslims and christians sit and wait for the return of the real messiah, to take down the corrupt systems on earth, which is all that the zionists call holy

So the jews conspired to kill Jesus and Mohommed, and now they go around the world robbing countires dry with thier forbidden usury, and whenever anyone is brave enough to speak out agaisnt their treachery they are quickly called a nazi. Isnt it funny how the most racist race on earth; the jews who think they are chosen by GOD, and thtat all other races are goyim/animals have it turned back on them by a crazy man called Hitler who thought he was part of a chosen race as well. Ahhh isnt that sweet.

I wonder how those blind christains who support the zionists reconcile firstly that the ones they support would kill Jesus again if given the chance and the fact that in their own book Jesus tells them that the jews who dont believe Jesus was the messiah are actually from their father the devil?....that makes them treasonous supporters of the spawn of the devil, but they dont care to think too much, they are too busy working half their lives to financially aid the destruction of their own country, fill the pockets of those who directly aid the army of the anti-christ, and trying to kill the muslims who are brave enough to fight their corrupt system.

edit on 26-6-2013 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

You're conflating 1st-century Semitic Jews with 21st Century Ashkenazi Jews. Semitic Jews don't use usury, and Ashkenazi didn't kill Christ. PS, if you don't like paying interest, stop borrowing money!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

Sorry my bad. In Judaism the concept of God has evolved where he has a oneness and they believe he cannot divide himself into parts and he cannot become a human or change his nature in any shape. Judaism is very similar to Islam where God is one and all powerful. Hopefully this explains it better.

Well, that's very interesting. I wonder how they deal with the references in the Torah to God being a plural being?

And if God can't become human, does that mean, when their Messiah comes, he won't be divine?

What good is a human Messiah? How will he forever take away the sins of the people?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
You're statement that Jesus the Christ was a "bas&%~" is grossly offensive, and I urge you to recant and withdrawal this blasphemy. You're unbelief in the Immaculate Conception of Jesus is apparent, but to make such a statement is insulting Almighty God Himself, and his only begotten Son, Jesus. Whether you are of Christian or Jewish beliefs or faith, of which both faiths believe in One True and Almighty God The Father, you insult both Father and Son, and also insult both Christians and Jews. Although it is understood that those of the Jewish faith do not at present accept Jesus as their Messiah, the fact is that he was Jewish, and born of a Jewish woman in the line of King David. This is a simple and undisputed fact and truth of history in both faiths.

As a Christian, I acknowledge and rejoice in Christ Jesus' fulfillment of both the Old and New Testament, and would point out that those of us Christians accept what is called Judeo-Christian values, and your suggestion and your offensive and outrageous statement is not only an attack on said values, but is outrageously and grossly misguided and a direct attack on both Jewish and Christian believers.

I respectfully request that you modify your post.
Thank you.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is quite true. In fact, those who started Christianity were Jews who realized that Jesus was the Messiah. Those who did not believe that He was the Messiah did so for one main reason...It was not because He did not do the things that were said He did, but only because these people were expecting a political Messiah, not someone who was there to save their souls. And that is still the main reason today, at least in my opinion.

Jesus fulfilled every single requirement of the Messiah that was laid out in the Old Testament, and if one understands what was prophesied in these documents, it is clear that there is absolutely no one else who could have potentially been the Messiah. And it is too late for a Messiah, as you mention. Therefore Christianity is right, and Judaism is now wrong. The parts of the Bible written by those who had knowledge of what Jesus did, and how people reacted to him, makes one thing abundantly clear...It was not the masses, the common Jews, who did not believe in Jesus, but rather it was those in charge...The priests, who did not believe. Why? Mainly because they wanted to keep their power over the people, and they succumbed to human emotions and wants, greed mainly. Not to mention Jesus was teaching that people didn't need them. They couldn't have this.

So even though many people believed, because of the chief priests, there were many who came later who were convinced that Jesus was not the Messiah. Those who were Christians passed this on to their offspring, but generations and generations later, the priests basically listened to the priests who came before them. But anytime there is a debate between a Jew and a Christian, where both know their stuff, it is obvious that Jesus CANNOT be disputed as fulfilling all requirements of the Messiah. So the Jews who do not accept Jesus as Messiah are wrong, because there is absolutely no reason for them not to.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Well, that's very interesting. I wonder how they deal with the references in the Torah to God being a plural being?

That reminds me reading a article at a atheist website site entitled "evolution of God" or something along those lines. Basically the author explained how the concept of God has evolved in Judaism like how it seemed in early books like Genesis expressed multiple gods and he also shared how scholars discovered some goddess the author presented as having a big part in ancient Judaism. I'll have to find it and reread it again.

Today in Judaism the concept of God is very strict and what I mean is: God is consider one being who cannot be divided; has no image like human or animal characteristics; God does not have gender either. I was surprised how strict the concept of God in Judaism was very different than Christianity and similar to Islam.

In Judaism today I know there will be a number of requirements for a person to be the promised the Messiah: A descendent of Kings David and Solomon; Gather all the Jews to Israel; Rebuild the holy temple; etc. You can see how the concept is very different from Christianity. I don't know much about sin in Judaism and other religions. I know that Jews believe there will be a Messianic age when the Messiah arrives and it seems everything will be better like everyone will live in Garden of Eden.

This is what I know from memory. I have to look up the old information.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Today in Judaism the concept of God is very strict and what I mean is: God is consider one being who cannot be divided; has no image like human or animal characteristics; God does not have gender either. I was surprised how strict the concept of God in Judaism was very different than Christianity and similar to Islam.

Aren't they limiting God when they say he can't be divided or in two places at once?

It's no wonder that they never caught on to the greatest commandment given to them...

Deuteronomy 6:4

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

That verse didn't mean what they thought it did. Here's what else God said...

Exodus 6:2-3

2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord:

3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I guess it's how you define it. With God being a character who is all powerful he should have the ability to appear to multiple people at different places and interact in unnatural ways. What do you think?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rickytnt

Let me be the first to welcome you to ATS. It would have been helpful to include the name of the poster that you were addressing. Now I'll have to search through all the posts to find the one you're protesting.

I respectfully request that you modify your post.

There is a time limit (2 hrs ?) within which posts can be edited. After that, it's too late to make changes.

Once again, welcome to AboveTopSecret.

edit on 27-6-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Absolutely!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join