It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSW Education Department Covers Up Teacher

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

NSW Education Department Covers Up Teacher

www.independen taustralia.net

The Royal Commission into Child Sexual Abuse, which has commenced private hearings in Brisbane this month is expected to shed light on one of Tweed Shire's darkest secrets - horrifying abuse,systematic cover-ups and institutional failure and corruption in NSW schools and the Police Service. Parent and whistleblower, Fiona Barnett fronts the Commission tomorrow - here she tells part of the story (with managing editor David Donovan).
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 25-6-2013 by Amanda5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I haven't copied any of the story as the title captures exactly what has been reported. I personally know the Whistleblower and it took her 9 years to get to this point.

I also know that the Whistleblower is presenting evidence at the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse - which is underway in Australia.

This story is as horrendous as any Child Abuse news article but I would encourage you to read it - just to see how flawed the systems are and how vulnerable Children are - particularly disabled Children who ...please read for yourself.

I feel very proud of the Whisteblower and reading the article might just restore your sense of human value when you see how hard she fought to give these Abused Children a voice.

www.independen taustralia.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Just when you thought the world could not get any more sick and depraved something like this comes to light. Not only did these repulsive actions take place but once again it seems those with the responsibility and power to act did nothing, and indeed moved to protect the guilty. Those who covered up the action of the perpetrators are equally as guilty in their complicity.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Congratulations! Finally! Good news indeed. Sometimes justice does get done, just slowly and at great personal cost to those experiencing the abuse and those reporting it.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

You got it straight away - the fact that these horrendous crimes are covered up - swept under the carpet as it were, is why they continue for so long.

When the public have access to news articles like this then they are in a position to assist with reform and assist with regard to bringing the predators and paedophiles to the court system.

Thank you for responding - that is the same as support and that is all this news needs.

Much Peace...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Yes - it appears that justice moves slowly in these instances. The Whistleblower has enormous courage and spirit and it is certainly good news for her and the abused Children, that their story is now in public view.

Iamschist - I knew you would respond and rejoice in the exposure of wrongdoing. What is that lovely biblical quote - "By their deeds you will know them." Certainly seems to be the case here. May God speed justice for the Children.

Much Peace...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That is great news, its about time this type of crime comes to light. I know this is happening in Australia, but this is WORLDWIDE, you cannot name a place that this isnt happening in, and more people getting the word out will make this more visual and keep people aware that children are not supposed to face these types of things EVER!!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Thank you NoRegretsEver - this is exactly the attitude we need.

Much Peace...to all Children Everywhere...

top topics

join