It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indictment of Dick Cheney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Just came across this article and I thought I would share it. F.B.I is trying to bring charges against Cheyney.

From linked story
The top Bush Administration official who ignored pre-9/11 warnings and suppressed legislation aimed at creating a Homeland Security Department prior to the Pentagon and World Trade Center attacks was none other than Vice President Cheney, who was appointed by President Bush in May 2001 to head up a White House task force on terrorism. According to former National Security Council counter-terrorism czar Richard Clarke, that task force never held a single meeting, prior to the 9/11 attacks.

On Oct. 28, just five days before the Presidential election, the FBI announced a criminal investigation, to determine whether Halliburton Co., which was chaired for five years by Dick Cheney (1995-2000), illegally got billions of dollars in no-bid contracts from the Bush Administration, to run Iraq's oil sector, following the U.S. invasion and occupation. The criminal probe, touching on Cheney, was launched in response to allegations by Army Corps of Engineers senior contracting officer Bunnatine Greenhouse, who charged that she came under pressure from her superiors to drop opposition to Halliburton's five-year no-bid contract. The Greenhouse charges were featured in Time magazine, on Oct. 24.

Iraq is not the only case of Cheney-Halliburton corruption, currently under criminal investigation. Two other potential Halliburton crimes, both carried out while Dick Cheney was the company's CEO, are the subjects of Justice Department inquiries, U.S. Federal grand juries, and foreign criminal probes.

Another explosive probe of Halliburton deals with the company's creation of a fictitious offshore subsidiary, to do business in Iran, in violation of a number of Federal statutes, including the Trading with the Enemy Act. In July 2004, after three years of investigation by the Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control, the case was referred to the Justice Department, which opened a criminal grand jury investigation in Houston, Texas.

Link to story

Well it doesn't look good for Dick. If these charges are bought forward, I don't like his chances of getting a fair trial.

Ignoring terror warnings, corporate crimes, bribing foriegn governments and dealing with the enemy! Man, I would not like to be in his shoes.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
God Willing, that fat porkchop sucking, war criminal will be put in prison where he belongs.

While there at it, why don't they do the world a favor, and start arresting some of those fanatics over at the Department of Defense?

They should be led out of the capital in a daisy chain of handcuffs, not in key government positions.

Criminals!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I'm wondering if the rumors of various Democratic speakers of "it's coming" is not something of this nature. There has been an deafening silence so far in the FBI investigation. I wish we could hear something one way or the other. But then again, it could turn out to have been another political move just right before the election. One can never tell. I'm curious to see some statements from either side on it (either side being the FBI or Halliburton).

Concerning the Iranian business, as far as I know there has been no impropriety found on Halliburton's part. Though some may not like that there are legal ways to have foreign-based affiliates do business in countries that are sanction from U.S.-based business, there is, and Halliburton isn't the only one doing it.

This is a very detailed response issued on the original inquiry into the Iranian issue by the NYC police pension fund administrators:

halliburton.com...

Note the following statement:

"The total revenues from Iran of all Halliburton affiliates represent approximately one-half of one percent of the revenue of Halliburton Company and do not appear to be material to the Company from a revenue or revenue risk perspective."

Back to waiting and watching on the latest investigation.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Oh, another excerpt from the press release concerning business in Iran:

"HPSL's activities are parallel to, and competitive with the activities of the foreign affiliates of Schlumberger, Baker-Hughes, Smith International; Weatherford; ABB Vetco Gray, FMC, Cooper-Cameron; as well as those of other U.S. and foreign competitors. "

So, it appears all the well-servicing companies are in - including Schlumberger, the French.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I sent it to all I could. We need to help this have legs, before they get cut off!!!
It sure was nice of ol OBL to jump to the forefront of the news that day, how convienent!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Heck yeah, I guess it's time for a lynch mob.

I don't suppose we could tar and feather Paul Wolfowitz while were at it?

Could we strip Karl Rove naked, and tie him to a horse blindfolded, too? Then we could set him loose somewhere in the Yukon....

Ah, to regress to the days of tribal justice.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki

Could we strip Karl Rove naked, and tie him to a horse blindfolded, too? Then we could set him loose somewhere in the Yukon....

Poor horse...

Ol Dick

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Schlumberger?
Aren't they tied to Zapata (Offshore) oil?( Bush family oil wealth)(here's the PDF www.gogulf.net...'s%20for%20Website/BushStory.pdf it is easier to read)

Pretty sure Zapata ties in with much of this stuff, including of course Halliburton.
Baker-Hughes?- joint owners of seismic - - - hmmm

Three geographic areas where folks are suspect regarding their viewpoints about crooked-oil are Oklahoma, Permian Basin (W. Texas/New Mexico) and the Gulf Coast. All three areas owe enormous amounts of jobs and livelihood to the oil-barons.
Don't forget little 0l Pennzoil fits in here also as does Citi-Bank.

Halliburton and the rest are tied together. They control virtually all of the oil exploration in the world. This goes back many, many years.

Bush (Karl Rove) is smarter than Nixon- there won't be any Watergate this time around.
Cheney will go the way of Spiro Agnew and be vilified then pardoned.
That's part of the costs.

This explains Hawaii (out of circulation) and the flak about Cheney's daughter- disinfo at its best.

Who will the Republicans boost into Speaker of the House?(say Gerald Ford 2) Whoever it is will most likely be the next presidential contender.
Dennis Hastert is the current Speaker. From Illinois (a state lost this time for the Republicans) he is replaceable by someone that delivered more. Not being a Republican I have no idea at the present who that might be.

Will Hastert step aside or take the poison pill? I think he'll take the V.P. role and then opt out in four years for an Ambassadorship. He has to be a decent sort- he is an ex-wrestler and coach. He was inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame in Stillwater, Oklahoma. (another oil-patch connection?)

*edit to add addendum-
addendum
look for Cheney to resign for 'health reasons' long before any heavy news comes out

[edit on 10/11/2004 by PublicGadfly]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
And what is the punishment for such a crime????

I hope this get's in the open soon.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Perhaps one day the good people of the United States of America will get the chance to play cards?

Just like they did with Iraq!

C'mon, i dare you to guess who's the ace of spades!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Heck yeah, I guess it's time for a lynch mob.

I don't suppose we could tar and feather Paul Wolfowitz while were at it?

Ah, to regress to the days of tribal justice.

Well, on the other hand, some on the conservative side are more than eager to tar and feather anything that's French or German, as seen pretty often on this board. Those people will probably say that the French are probing into American dirt to hide their own (and of course far graver) guilt.

I want justice rendered, whether it's regarding the corruption of Cheney and his cohorts of neocons, or corruption in the high levels of the Chirac presidency. But this is turning into a mudslinging match, at the international level no less...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
As much as I would like to see Cheney behind bars, or shot by the president on the White House lawn (haha), everybody knows pretty well that something is goin to happen, thats gonna result in him getting off with a slap on the hand.

Does anybody else agree?

Only in America.

[edit on 10-11-2004 by Peeder]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
(looking up at the top of this page)

You are viewing a thread in the Political Conspiracies Forum This forum is for the discussion of conspiracy and scandal topics as they related to political parties and politicians (example: voting fraud, Watergate, Iran Contra, etc.) without political mud slinging and name-calling. For discussion of politics in general, please use the Political Ideology Forum. Polite decorum will be enforced.
Let's control the rancor and stick to issues.... mmmm-kay?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Cheney is indicted?!

O.K. fine- what does this mean? Will he, as V.P., be brought to trial?

I just can't see this happening. If this Cheney thing grows any at all some health problems have got to arise. I am reminded of Spiro Agnew (another Darth Vader type from another administration). Agnew was the punching bag, the hit me guy. Then wham- indictment, resignation.
    He was elected as chief executive of Baltimore County in 1962 as a reformer and Republican outsider in a predominantly Democratic county. Democrats also helped elect him governor of Maryland in 1966 when the Democratic primary selected an opponent of integration as that Party's candidate. As governor, he backed tax and judicial reforms and projected an image of racial moderation during the riots that followed the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. His moderate image, immigrant background and successful political career in a traditionally Democratic state made him an attractive running mate for Nixon in 1968.(wikipedia)

I can remember Agnew attacking the press- even people that didn't like Agnew loved the press rants he unleashed. He played the bad guy for Rickard Nixon, then-
    On October 10, 1973, Agnew became the second Vice President to resign the office. Unlike John C. Calhoun, who resigned to take a seat in the Senate, Agnew resigned after pleading nolo contendere (no contest) to a criminal charge of tax evasion, part of a scheme where he allegedly accepted $29,500 in bribes during his tenure as governor of Maryland. Agnew was fined $10,000 and put on three years' probation. He was later disbarred by the State of Maryland.(wikipedia)

I think something similar will occur with Cheney.

top topics

join