It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“We Destroyed Arab Villages To Create Our State” - Retired Israeli General

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
source

A retired Israeli military general told the Israeli Army Radio on his 100 birthday that the Israeli army destroyed and depopulated hundreds of Arab villages in order to establishment the state of Israel in 1948, and added that “he feels good about it.”

“I can sleep with clear mind”, Yitzhak Pondak, told the Israeli Army Radio (Galei Tzahal) last week, “otherwise the number of Arabs in Israel would have been a million more than their number now”.

Pondak headed Platoon #53 of the Givati Brigade, and served as Israel’s ambassador in Tanzania.

Now imagine a 99 year old former Nazi General saying the same thing about the Jews on mainstream German media.... that he felt good about what he did to the Jews and that he could sleep with a clear mind. What would you think of him? And why should it not apply to this guy? (Knowing the crowd here, I wouldn't be surprised if some posters try and justify General Pondak... or deflect the topic by bringing up an unrelated subject.)

With such statements... just how do the Israelis expect the world to feel sorry for the genocidal crimes that the Jews went through? No matter how you spin it, this mans words reveals a racist mindset regarding the very people he ruined to help create that illegitimate state he calls his "home". And we all know that he is not an exceptional case.

What a vile, callous excuse for a human being.

edit on 25-6-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Come on, you know the Israeli's are the good guys and can do nothing wrong........

That's as far as I can go with the sarcasm. I will now proceed to wash my mouth out with soap.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Yesterday evening on the TV we had a programme about the Jewish children who were shipped to the UK to get away from the Nazi's. One lady said to the camera she knew the Jews had been accused of milking it. I won't comment on the obvious but, I appreciate it is their history, however I don't wish to share in it as, I have my own history and there is a world of horrific histories out there. It has been manipulated that our school children must all be taught the holocaust and one little boy asked, which holocaust because there are lots all over the world.

It does get time to put this lot to bed. Although if you add up all the Palestinian and other peoples lives that the Jews have taken in order to protect their paranoia, it must add up to an awful lot of non Jewish lives. Something people either don't know or choose to forget is that Stalin was a Jew and how many did he have killed?

The trouble is that having flown the flag against Nazi's and prosecuting 90 year old man as they currently are, shouldn't this 100 year old be prosecuted for his racism and nazi-like comments. None of this will enamour Israel to the rest of the world and they will find themselves living a solitary life behind their ghettolike walls. The Jewish network abroad is going to have this comment rattling around when they fundraise for Israel and many Israeli's will not be comfortable with the hypocracy as well. His birthday wa a bad day for Judaism.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Stalin's Jewishness is highly disputable.

www.jewornotjew.com...

Can you provide some proof that he is in fact Jewish?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Ethnic cleansing is what it's called. It is actually a war crime, so this guy should be up before The Hague.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I find his comments deplorable and further evidence that a systematic process of displacement and elimination has been underway In Palestine.

And I find myself wondering how many share his beliefs and not voice it publicly.

When ever I look at this events or actions and try to find some rationale for it, I always come back to the adage: "one countries massacre is another countries campaign/liberation".

Is differing perspectives justification for these beliefs? In the west a lot of people are becoming painfully aware that their perspective on their governments actions are becoming intolerable, so why shouldn't this be same.

edit on 25-6-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Just another sick beastly excuse of a man...

How you can justify such treatment of other human beings is beyond me, he also thinks Israeli's should still give such treatment.

“Wars unite the ranks of the Jewish people”, he added, “after wars, Jews form parties and become divided”.

He also said that he is sorry for the death of 145 Israeli soldiers under his command throughout his years of service, and added that “should those soldiers miraculously come back to life now, and witness the current divisions in the Israeli Jewish society, they would run back to their graves”.

They say blood is thicker than water, well I say people are thicker than marmite it seems.

The sooner people come to realize just how zany Israel is and those who follow her the better.

People say it's going too far comparing the zionist's to the nazi's, all I can say is: Is it really?

Absolutely no reason for humans to treat fellow humans as if they are any less than them because they are not. Infact it's you who becomes the scum for not treating a fellow human being any less than what he is.... A human being

This man should be put up for war crimes and and yes that should go for anyone who has commited war crimes against humanity.... You cannot cherry pick who gets punished when it comes to ideals and laws about being humane.

The sad part is though this man will probably be seen as a hero, not a supporter of genocide and inhumane actions

I'd just like to add that this thread kind of puts it in perspective:
Daniel Somers-"I Am Sorry That It Has Come to This"

Can only a maniac be proud of doing things deemed not right? How sick do you need to be to sleep well at night knowing fine well what you done whilst also being proud about it?

edit on 25-6-2013 by RAY1990 because: comparison

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Funny how Israel screams never again and hunts down old Nazis to prosecute but this monster isn't charged with anything. When they finished the interview the reporter should have done the world a favor and put a bullet between that guys eyes.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Hopefully this mans opinion and way of thinking is left in the past were it belongs and newer enlightened viewpoints take precedence.

I certainly hope that his sentiment is not widely shared and promoted.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Hopefully this mans opinion and way of thinking is left in the past were it belongs and newer enlightened viewpoints take precedence.

I certainly hope that his sentiment is not widely shared and promoted.

Sadly there are a good many people who think like him.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The Romans destroyed Jewish villages to create Syriac Palestina, it's called war, and when you lose a war you lose your stuff. Then they gave the land to the arabs after the jews had been displaced. Now the tables are turned. I'm not saying I agree with the destruction of peoples homes, but this has been a nonstop war that's been going on for decades, centuries, even millennia. These people will always find something to fight about it's in their blood and it's in their religion. Some of them want their land back, some of them couldn't give a sh*t. Some of them want to rebuild their temple, some of them don't give a sh*t. It's about what you believe and wether or not you're willing to die for your convictions.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Obviously OP knows Israel has been destroyed and retaken many times over yet he's focusing on the most recent. 600 million arab's to 6 million jews in middle east. Be satisfied.
edit on 25-6-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
The Romans destroyed Jewish villages to create Syriac Palestina, it's called war, and when you lose a war you lose your stuff. Then they gave the land to the arabs after the jews had been displaced. Now the tables are turned. I'm not saying I agree with the destruction of peoples homes, but this has been a nonstop war that's been going on for decades, centuries, even millennia. These people will always find something to fight about it's in their blood and it's in their religion. Some of them want their land back, some of them couldn't give a sh*t. Some of them want to rebuild their temple, some of them don't give a sh*t. It's about what you believe and wether or not you're willing to die for your convictions.

If you want to live like a primitive then that's your choice. The rest of the world has laws now laws which he and Israel broke and they need to answer for them. So just saying it happens during war doesn't cut it.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

If you want to live like a primitive then that's your choice. The rest of the world has laws now laws which he and Israel broke and they need to answer for them. So just saying it happens during war doesn't cut it.

Easy with the name calling. I didn't say we don't have laws, nor did I say he shouldn't pay for any crimes if he is convicted in the court of law.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Easy with the name calling. I didn't say we don't have laws, nor did I say he shouldn't pay for any crimes if he is convicted in the court of law.

And you sure didn't say he should be charged with anything either.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
He said villages not arabs.....
The two sides operated with equal ferocity.
The old guy is from another time....you wouldnt understand.............it was different then........
They were trying to kill Jews too......and did so with relish....but thats appropriate?
Nothing is held back in such wars.....barbarity is the norm.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It was a mistake for Jews to create the state of Israel in the first place. Israel's days are numbered. The Palestinians are reproducing faster than the Israelis. They are running out of places in which to displace the Palestinians. They are also running out of the ability to bully their neighbors. The Arab states and Iran are developing military capabilities that will eventually surpass that of Israel's. Israel is a small country. It cannot survive a nuclear attack. The other states in the region have much larger area and will survive losing cities to nuclear attacks. The Jews should have manufactured their state in Europe rather than the in Middle East.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adaluncatif
It was a mistake for Jews to create the state of Israel in the first place. Israel's days are numbered. The Palestinians are reproducing faster than the Israelis. They are running out of places in which to displace the Palestinians. They are also running out of the ability to bully their neighbors. The Arab states and Iran are developing military capabilities that will eventually surpass that of Israel's. Israel is a small country. It cannot survive a nuclear attack. The other states in the region have much larger area and will survive losing cities to nuclear attacks. The Jews should have manufactured their state in Europe rather than the in Middle East.

A real nuclear threat on Israel or any other nation that already has nuclear capabilities is not what anyone wants.

It won't be a case of 1 or 2 nukes it will be apocalypse, it's in everyone's interest for diplomatic approach now when it comes to any possible major conflict concerning Israel.

Lets just say Israel was faced with total destruction and in retaliation it decided to launch just 10% of it's suspected arsenal of nuclear weapons, that would be a possible 50 nuclear bombs detonating wherever it felt threatened it's survivability.... That equals game over for everybody.

Because I can guarantee that other nations will end up doing the same thing in an act of mutually assured destruction if such a thing was to happen. Fact is Israel as it is will remain unless someone wants to drag the whole of humanity down with it. The best we can do realistically is to shun them and demand they change the ways in which it operates... It's not just Israel though, plenty of nations have disgraceful humanitarian records and yet we do little about it.

The truth is nothing changes unless the people want it, how many people do you know that demanded change in the Congo or Zimbabwe? An end to the corruption in Latin America?

Governments won't change this unless you demand it... you don't cut the strings off the puppets that lines your pockets.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adaluncatif

Not Jews but rather Zionist. Jews were not the ones pushing for a Jewish state that was an ideal of Zionism Jews who hold true to their faith knows it's Gods place to lead them to Israel. As it is Iran can handle Israel simply due to the number of people it can put in the field. Also no Muslims nation would nuke Israel not because of America or other Israeli supporters but because of what the other Muslims would do to them. Nuking Israel would most certainly destroy the Dome of Rock but fallout could reach Mecca. If this were to happen what do think would happen when around a billion plus Muslims descend on their nation?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'm glad the general was so candid about what was done and how he feels about it. I think people should remember that 1948 was only three years after the bloodiest war in human history.

Seen in context, what happened in "Palestine" was very much of a piece with what had happened elsewhere.

Personally, I fear the demographics of the region are stacked hopelessly against the survival of Israel as anything but an apartheid fortress.

The UN created Israel as a legal entity. I accept that.

Diplomacy if properly applied in the circumstances by diplomats well schooled in the art of compromise and statesmen well schooled in the art of turning enemies into friends might have created Israel as a moral and ethical entity, but that hasn't happened yet. Only time will tell if it will happen.

It is not going to be easy, but I hope people of good will on all sides of the political issues prevail. Jordan may have a role to play in untying the Gordian knot of Palestinian/Israeli relations. the following linked article says that there has been some talking along the lines of a Palestinian/Jordanian confederation.

www.theatlantic.com...

If the Palestinians are finally stabilized and recompensed in some way for their suffering, maybe the region's old animosities will begin to fade.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join