It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Breakthrough Which Freed Me from Abrahamic Religious Enslavement

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
I have since come to find out that the deepest and most subtle level of abuse and enslavement is the individual ego/mind within each human being, which creates a bias bubble of suffering & illusion.

This is so true. When the bully and the victim that live inside the mind go away - there is peace. The constant uneasiness stops and life is easy. Also, when the bully and victim go, there is great compassion.
When the two become one.....

If there is an internal bully pushing and bossing you around all day, calling you names and judging you then life is torture.
edit on 25-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
My own experience teaches me that there is more to life than this world of the five senses.

Many people reject that world-view, because it has been passed on via 'religion' that is now seen as unsophisticated or downright evil because of the way it has been mis-used.

What interests me most are the paranormal phenomena, that cannot be explained by rational materialism. Some of the most important moments in life are paranormal in one way or another; but they don't exist, they aren't "real" because they don't "matter." They are quite literally "immaterial" to a materialist.

Most members of a religion are there to "get it right, one more time" and then go home for lunch.

But there is something more there, for those who are seeking more.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

There is only ever what is happening.
There is nothing existing except this apparent happening - which is always happening presently.

If there is a belief that there is more than the present happening - then that is the present happening.
The present is happening.
edit on 25-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
I think you've chosen to only look at one side of the coin, that of enslavement and abuse, something that is done in the name of EVERYTHING ......religion, gender, race, power, government, sex, drugs, gun, parenthood, relationships, and on and on and on......

So by that same argument, we can say that we reject gender, race, government, the army, parenthood, relationships, and so on because they all breed abuse and enslavement...... I know plenty of women who rejected me and went with abusive douche-baggy tattooed drill seargeant type bikers, who now abuse them emotionally, sexually, and physically ......and yet they stay with those men ......so according to your argument, we need to get rid of those type of men....

You are always free to exit any form of enslavement. That exiting is no indication of your disposition towards any other form of enslavement, nor are you compulsorily bound to stay in or exit an enslavement because it might appear to be inconsistent or consistent with your actions regarding other enslavements.

Fallacy of Composition (www.logicalfallacies.info...)

I had a religious instructor who used to say "It takes time for a truth to work its way from your head and into your heart." But I say, that truths begin in the heart and we have to convince our head to break the chains of deception and delusion which prevent this yearning from emerging.

As smart as the mind is, indeed it is the heart which becomes the fertile soil inside which a yearning for freedom first germinates. The mind is only the articulating agent which takes credit for this dawning ethic after the fact.

Liked your points overall though.

edit on 25-6-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
If there is an internal bully pushing and bossing you around all day, calling you names and judging you then life is torture.

That is exactly what the confluence chart portrays religion as, yes.
But it not only ends up hurting you; moreover, you are rendered useless in terms of helping those who really suffer.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEthicalSkeptic

But it not only ends up hurting you; moreover, you are rendered useless in terms of helping those who really suffer.

Helping those who really suffer? You mean people who are starving? Or people in prison? Or people who just lost everything in a tornado?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

Helping those who really suffer? You mean people who are starving? Or people in prison? Or people who just lost everything in a tornado?

Absolutely all of the above and more. Our internal religious struggles, I suspect with good probability, are nothing compared to what most of humanity struggles with on a daily basis.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar
What interests me most are the paranormal phenomena, that cannot be explained by rational materialism. Some of the most important moments in life are paranormal in one way or another; but they don't exist, they aren't "real" because they don't "matter." They are quite literally "immaterial" to a materialist.

Well said tovenar

I am open to considering, but do not accept at face value, a number of phenomena. Many which have not been fairly served with data, observation and necessity driving a problem formulation. Experts are often wrong, especially when they refuse to look at a postulate from the very start. After they die off, the next generation brings formerly verboten subjects into the fold of the acceptable. An entire generation of close minded folk are passing out of the scene even now.

Non-expert human observations, which then feed expert human observations, and are in significant enough number, independently constrained, warrant development of problem formulation and observational methods. Demands of 'proof' are a pseudo-intellectual game, played by those who pretend to grasp the scientific method.

I agree we have ample necessity to formulate a problem or hypothesis summary on a number of topics considered paranormal. I predict they will turn out to be fully normal, just having a footprint inside lesser understood aspects of our universe. It is this post-religious-fear and the incumbent un-articulated angry reaction to the abuse which is depicted in the graphic, which conditions mankind to hate this set of subjects from both the skeptical and the religious sides. The bookends of ignorance.

Those days of rule are coming to a bitter end for both the religious and the materialist dogmatist. Much screaming will be heard.

edit on 26-6-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I was hoping this would be an interesting thread, but all I've seen so far is back patting for regurgitating the same drivel presented in the OP's post.

I fear the problem here isn't religion, but rather the OP's and others unfounded ideas of what religion is or isn't. I was hoping to partake in this discussion in greater length, but honestly I have far better things to do then being in an ongoing thread of back pats and mindless nodding.

I will however say this, you (OP) claimed to have left an oppressive religion. Yet, you warmly walk into the hands of another belief system that is equally as callous as the religion you claim to detest.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom
I was hoping this would be an interesting thread, but all I've seen so far is back patting for regurgitating the same drivel presented in the OP's post.

Incorrect. You did not read the posts. People objected and disagreed in 2/3rds of the posts, but they bore better character than that which you indicate here you have the ability to wield or comprehend.

I fear the problem here isn't religion, but rather the OP's and others unfounded ideas of what religion is or isn't. I was hoping to partake in this discussion in greater length, but honestly I have far better things to do then being in an ongoing thread of back pats and mindless nodding.

This is exactly the core philosophy of the three facets of Abrahamic religions. I find that those who labor under its spell constantly spin excuses and fabricate attempts to deny it. But I know the religions too well. You cannot BS me. There are exceptions, but they are recent corrections and far between in frequency. You are just manufacturing things to complain about because you detest the conclusion. You are still under the burden. Sorry for you. Go do your far better things.

I will however say this, you (OP) claimed to have left an oppressive religion. Yet, you warmly walk into the hands of another belief system that is equally as callous as the religion you claim to detest.

I never shed any light onto the system I walked into, so how do you know my current beliefs? I never elicited them. Perhaps you have ESP?

edit on 26-6-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

"I have been tricked. No more."

Below I have outlined the core error and facets of abuse, which I had to reject in order to break free from my Abrahamic Religious prison. A prison into which I was innocently inserted at age 7.

I have to tell you it is addictive. Once you rigorously demand integrity in your thinking, you find that you cannot tolerate BS much any longer. Golf and football bore you to tears. A thirst and passion for the REAL story begin to overtake your soul. You find people with no fresh ideas, only possessing the ability to critique and correct, to be of the most common and useless order. No manner of derision nor correctness can dissuade you from your path.

I felt this as well in the last couple of years. One of the few things parents still seem to pass down is their religion (not teach, they let the religious organization do the teaching, like public school). Many many people in these Abrahamic religions just go with the flow from political or peer pressure.

Humans enjoy plenty of spiritualism, but today's organized religions are nothing more than a business to try and make people feel good for an hour a week, and pay their "tax" to the church because it's in their texts to do so. After that religious assembly where they try to act their best around their peers, they go about their life as usual.

Here is a pic that sticks out in my mind:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Continuing on this theme Philippines, I agree - and coincidentally I had heard this very same quip in a store today being exchanged between two men.

I think what we have done is what I call the 'Creation of the Proxy Agent.' The all powerful bad guy who gets man's control and abuse dirty work done for our controllers in the most convincing and just fashion.

I hesistate to call this Proxy Agent a 'god' for several reasons:

1. I do not know what a god is, and cannot find anyone with a suitable definition (despite ample claims to possession of one)

2. This Proxy Agent, and the god of the Bible, are enormously weak and cannot seem to influence even basic things on Earth like floods, and fruit eating, and wars, and sex, and famines, and sickness, etc. (immediately after creating the entire Cosmos like a champ)

3. The Proxy Agent relies upon terror to effect goals, delights in cruelty, is indifferent to the plight of man, and shifts all the blame for his handiwork to individual men like you and I.

I suppose if I was given enough resources and a space ship, I could fly around the cosmos and find a more suitably powerful, ethical and humane character to play this agent, than the one who is indicted in our holy writings,

... but would that creature then qualify as god? I have no idea. Hopefully he, she or it would be better than the Proxy Agent we concocted for the dastardly process outlined below; from which we all suffer.

edit on 27-6-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I hesistate to call this Proxy Agent a 'god' for several reasons:

1. I do not know what a god is, and cannot find anyone with a suitable definition (despite ample claims to possession of one)

2. This Proxy Agent, and the god of the Bible, are enormously weak and cannot seem to influence even basic things on Earth like floods, and fruit eating, and wars, and sex, and famines, and sickness, etc. (immediately after creating the entire Cosmos like a champ)

3. The Proxy Agent relies upon terror to effect goals, delights in cruelty, is indifferent to the plight of man, and shifts all the blame for his handiwork to individual men like you and I.

I suppose if I was given enough resources and a space ship, I could fly around the cosmos and find a more suitably powerful, ethical and humane character to play this agent, than the one who is indicted in our holy writings,

... but would that creature then qualify as god? I have no idea. Hopefully he, she or it would be better than the Proxy Agent we concocted for the dastardly process outlined below; from which we all suffer.

edit on 27-6-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

1. A god is a being without limits, unless those limits are self-imposed.

2. This would be a self-imposed limit.

3. A delight in cruelty is an unnecessary trait for survival. How did it ever evolve?

edit on 27-6-2013 by Snsoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah, Phage....You are a man of "Science", right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join