join

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
You guys are missing the obvious... It's all about MAN BEAR PIG.... That is all

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
You guys are missing the obvious... It's all about MAN BEAR PIG.... That is all

Everyone should listen to you and heed the warning.
I am being super serial here!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
eek monster, www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Women are fascinated by mythical creatures like vampires, werewolves and men who are good listeners.

On the other hand, i do believe in "monsters". My belief that they are more on a spiritual side, but i won't discount that they walk the earth as some believe.

Legends date back 4,000 years when it comes to vampires (Lamashtu). Lamastu is closely associated with Lilith, a prominent figure in some Jewish texts. Some believe that Lilith was Adam's first, but Lilith refused to take a subservient position to Adam, and too disobeyed God after He sent 3 angels to have a talk with her. She refused and so He cursed her to walk earth for eternity(?)

I don't know the whole myth, bits & pieces only.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthontheloose
reply to post by Dominar

my computer shuts down every 10 to 15 minutes so i can not get them all at once
edit on 24-6-2013 by truthontheloose because: (no reason given)

Sounds like your pc is overheating when was the last time you gave it a good cleaning?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

reply to post by AthlonSavage

thank you nice to know somebody else put two and two together in the same way

IMO it is quite sad that multiple people can have a thought process that says "We don't know what it is, therefore I think monsters exist."

what is wrong with "We don't know what it is" as a complete statement - why do we have to fill in the gap with a fantasy??

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Stories of monsters, vampires, werewolves, etc., are fictional, designed to keep people away from the area where criminal activity is being conducted...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
the people of old had the intellect of todays child so I don't understand why we would still listen to the past about anything not based in the present fact. that includes religion or their thoughts on why the earth is... 2000 year old intellect serves no purpose but to admire that we came from it, finding answers there is just wrong.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
the people of old had the intellect of todays child .

rubbish - they were every bit as intelligent as today's folk.

they did not have the KNOWLEDGE that we have - but you should not mistake lack of knowledge for lack of intelligence.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

reply to post by AthlonSavage

thank you nice to know somebody else put two and two together in the same way

IMO it is quite sad that multiple people can have a thought process that says "We don't know what it is, therefore I think monsters exist."

what is wrong with "We don't know what it is" as a complete statement - why do we have to fill in the gap with a fantasy??

I would add "We don't know exactly what it is but it's far more likely to be a wild animal attack or a human psychopath than a mythical beast!"

I really, really don't understand why fantasists need to explain these things with otherwordly theories when the simplest of reasons is the most likely.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

where did you get that theory from watching scooby doo

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

people have always had the same level of intelligence their beliefs just change through the ages

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dominar

i did not say it was proof but i did say monsters are a valid theory

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by truthontheloose

In what way is "monsters" a "valid" theory?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

it was the one believed by billions of people for centuries

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by truthontheloose

How does that make it "valid"? Do you have a definition of "valid" that you can compare it to?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
While I love me some cryptid studies. To say that just because people centuries past believed in races of monsters so therefore that is proof, is a bit daft.

People in ages past did not have the scientific and medical knowledge we have today. Famous monsters of the past are being debunked with modern knowledge.

Zombies and vampires are looking to be either people accidently buried alive or the ignorance of how the body acts after death.

Werewolves are being attributed to people with hair growth anomalies or people with mental illness.

Sea serpents and other water monsters are turning out to be oarfish, sturgeons, and possibly colossal squid.

Chupacabra and other little pesky similar things are regular animals with mange.

With modern age comes the technology and insight to put many myths to rest.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

if every culture described all of these creatures in ruffly the same way independently of each other in they must have be on the something

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaoticborders
While I love me some cryptid studies. To say that just because people centuries past believed in races of monsters so therefore that is proof, is a bit daft.

People in ages past did not have the scientific and medical knowledge we have today. Famous monsters of the past are being debunked with modern knowledge.

Zombies and vampires are looking to be either people accidently buried alive or the ignorance of how the body acts after death.

Werewolves are being attributed to people with hair growth anomalies or people with mental illness.

Sea serpents and other water monsters are turning out to be oarfish, sturgeons, and possibly colossal squid.

Chupacabra and other little pesky similar things are regular animals with mange.

With modern age comes the technology and insight to put many myths to rest.

most of these explanations are half baked and don't explain most of attributes found in the folklore

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

if every culture described all of these creatures in ruffly the same way independently of each other in they must have be on the something

Human descriptions are not independent of each other - we are all the same species, and we all have similar imaginations, and our cultures all originated in the same place and we almost certainly have more recent connections in prehistory that are simply not known. Each "new" culture brings with it stories from whatever it "split off" from in the distant past

and not all monsters are described in similar ways at all except in the most general of terms - eg flying, or eating humans, or changelings, etc.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join