It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revenge At Last! 1960s Current Government Hippies "Irony"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Isn't it Ironic that the 60s generation hippies that have taken over the government and screwed everything up will be ultimately destroyed by their children

Revenge is Soooo Sweet, Thanx Manning , Assange, And Snowden...let your courage be their children's guide to Justice

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SPECULUM

Yeah I see it as definitive proof of the long lasting effects of heavy drug use. In fact I would go so far as to say that a large majority of our elected officials went out on a drug induced trip many years ago and still haven't returned. It is ironic though that they were the "Make love not war" generation but now they are some of the most blood thirsty people on the planet.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Th 60s hippies didnt much land in the current goverment.
In fact i doubt if many landed at all

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Oh, God. Hippies and communists. Let it go man, its over: Obama was drinking milk in 4th grade when the then adult hippies were grooving out at woodstock. He was first looking at girls when the punk rock movement started. He was dating girls in college in the beginning of the 80s.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tridentblue

Oh, God. Hippies and communists. Let it go man, its over: Obama was drinking milk in 4th grade when the then adult hippies were grooving out at woodstock. He was first looking at girls when the punk rock movement started. He was dating girls in college in the beginning of the 80s.

Obama was a child of the 60s as was i and through our generational brainwashing we became the next generation of politicians... now our children will set things right

edit on 25-6-2013 by SPECULUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
So hippies who hated war, espoused free love and peace, who wanted transparency in all things... who hated "the man" and the rich elite...

are the problem Now and it's .. wait, what are the occupy crowd about again?

What is assange about? Wasn't snowden an active participant in "lets get your stuff secretly!" until he realised it was a bit more than he could handle?

"I used to beat slaves until I fell in love with one."

Ahha.. I'm confused..

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
So hippies who hated war, espoused free love and peace, who wanted transparency in all things... who hated "the man" and the rich elite...

are the problem Now and it's .. wait, what are the occupy crowd about again?

What is assange about? Wasn't snowden an active participant in "lets get your stuff secretly!" until he realised it was a bit more than he could handle?

"I used to beat slaves until I fell in love with one."

Ahha.. I'm confused..

Dont be, thats how irony works
for they know not what they do

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Honestly, I doubt many of them were hippies. Hippies wouldn't dress so uptight.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

The light of a lamp will never shine in you again. The happy voices of brides and grooms will never be heard in you again. For your merchants were the greatest in the world, and you deceived the nations with your sorceries. Revelation 18:23

"sorceries"
Transliteration: pharmakeia
5331 pharmakeía (from pharmakeuō, "administer drugs") – properly, drug-related sorcery, like the practice of magical-arts, etc.

Drug trips, channeling, astral traveling...most of the 'new age' writings were obtained via channeling whilst high as a kite.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I can typing! Hippies r bad!

You realize that hippies are/were mostly anti-establishment and that only a select few prominent in the various movements went on to politics right? 'Hippies' of yesteryear as well as today tend to support Manning, Assange, Snowden etc... What the hell do you think 'Fight the man' means?

What a strange out of the blue thread, lol.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
guess it depends on how broad/narrow your definition of 'hippie' is.
tons of 60's flower children protested the war and crusaded for drugs, free love, no nukes, businesses are evil etc.
what is the American left today espousing? legalize marijuana, easy abortion (so the free love has no strings attatched), and just last week Obama started talking nukes. and you know these people hate hate hate private industry, taking every opportunity to tax and restrict same.
lots of theses 60s college kids ended up getting their degrees and becoming educators and media types (Bill Ayers is the great example). they in turn have been indoctrinating successive generations of kids (Obama, the occupy crowd).
how many tv show characters have sex? almost all of them. how many are seen going to church? I can't remember any for decades (except maybe Waltons re-runs). reflect the hippie mentality much?
it is ironic how many leftists in the 60s and later were terrified of some Nixon/Reagan/Republican Big Brother, and they ended up implementing a Clinton/Obama Big Sister. (ask a tea party member about tax issues).
now that they are in power, they want control and information.
(remember the TV show The Prisoner? 'We want INFORMATION...')

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Wow, a witch hunt for old hippies. What you did 40-50 years ago is your noose for today, huh?
There's no difference in this and what it is supposed to be criticizing.

So, will old hippies be burned at the stake, shot at sunrise or buried alive in a dungeon?

Peace. (Ooops, my bad)
edit on 25-6-2013 by redoubt because: typo (please don't hurt me)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The young people of the 'hippie era' shut down the Vietnam War.

We have been at so called war for 10+ years and still going. The police state is growing. The kids should get going on those plans to save the country.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

Yeah I see it as definitive proof of the long lasting effects of heavy drug use. In fact I would go so far as to say that a large majority of our elected officials went out on a drug induced trip many years ago and still haven't returned. It is ironic though that they were the "Make love not war" generation but now they are some of the most blood thirsty people on the planet.

Or, it's simply that these people are not the ones controlling your government and making the decisions. Those hippies from the 60's undoubtedly also have a lot of secrets that they might not want to see out there in the world, and one call from someone in the NSA to remind them of what they got up to one night at a drug-addled party is enough to make them abandon their notions of peace and become just another obedient puppy for the cabal.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

I think people like you need to abandon this notion of left/right and wake the f up.

You're allowing your religious, social, personal morals to cloud the issue you should actually be worried about. Gay rights doesn't affect you, other people going to church is not your business, people having sex on TV is not affecting your life, your ambitions to control the actions of others and judge people based on your opinions is obscuring the fact that all of this is meaningless in the face of a totalitarian regime.

You really think they give a damn about whether some teen in LA can get a morning after pill? No, you care about that, and they know you do. That's why they use these little distractions to keep you bickering with the "liberals" while they pass another law to further entrench their control.

Some people will never wake up to this game

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPECULUM
Isn't it Ironic that the 60s generation hippies that have taken over the government and screwed everything up will be ultimately destroyed by their children

Revenge is Soooo Sweet, Thanx Manning , Assange, And Snowden...let your courage be their children's guide to Justice

Um, you do know that not everyone in the 60's was a hippie right? Just because they grew up in the 60's, doesn't mean that they were against the actions of government. You should really look up what a hippie is and stands for. The people running government, if they were hippies when they were younger, were just posers and just going along with the fad.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The hippies rallied against the establishment . They protested and went to Woodstock .They didn't become politicians afterwards .

They held anti Vietnam war protests and marched on campuses. They got arrested too so...I think you have hippies confused with mainstream fools of the time.
I think GWBush falls into that category . He wasn't ever a hippie .

edit on 6/25/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Totally assenine thread. Its nature is flawed right from first premise..........
Obviously the OP wasnt even alive then..........

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Totally assenine thread. Its nature is flawed right from first premise..........
Obviously the OP wasnt even alive then..........

I was born in 62 and lived and watched every moment to this very day, and seen the hippie generation transform into many things "mostly disturbing" it is however true that many hippies stayed true to their causes, the select few you now see in washington believed they could change things, and they did..."for the absolute worst"
but what you now see is their children who grew up in the technology era taking highly secretive position within the new found "Contractor" frame work preparing to crush their oppressors from the inside out as it should be

Now only waiting for the young secret service agents to do the right thing to bring balance to the force

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Are you talking about Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrnand their ilk??

Hardly representative of the 60s-70s hippies and that whole era

new topics

top topics

join