It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dynamo the Illusionist 'levitates' beside a London bus - but how does he do it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I have always had a love of magic and illusions since I was a child. I have never wanted to know how they are done, just so that I don't ruin the magic in my heart, but on some occasions you would really love to know.....

But how do you think that this levitation illusion is done by Dynamo, the UK illusionist?

It has to be something to do with his right hand connected to the bus, I presume, but how does he hold himself upright?

video....

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I don't think I want to know how he does it. I'd rather just enjoy it.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
That's prettty good! I bet the arm on the bus is a fake with a rod in it that conneects to a harness or "yogi" seat. Or something along those lines. But that theory gets busted IF his float up and float down were just editing tricks for the video. Would like to see raw video of the floating up/down part.

S+F

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant
That's prettty good! I bet the arm on the bus is a fake with a rod in it that conneects to a harness or "yogi" seat. Or something along those lines. But that theory gets busted IF his float up and float down were just editing tricks for the video. Would like to see raw video of the floating up/down part.

S+F

It's quite obvious that he's only holding onto the bus so as to not float away into the stratosphere..

Peace

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have been a fan of Dynamo since his show started airing here in the UK. He has done some truely incredible things. Seriously amazing performer. There are one or two of his street tricks that I have seen blow by blow video explanations of, none of which were ever complete in their ability to dispel the mystery of how he achieves the totality of his tricks. As for this levitation trick... I havent even the foggiest idea. All I know is, if there are wires and harnesses involved, I totally missed them.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant

S+F

Exactly. I see a pepsi sponsored advert.

You only see his feet as he goes up or down. and then he's holding onto the bus, and his arm seems rather rigid during the ride.

These guys don't impress me. A real magician doesn't rely on camera tricks... and a pretend audience on the street to make the viewer at home go "Omg they all see him it must be real!"

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Agree with this. A lot of the new guys use camera angles mixed with an "audience" reacting to something completely different. I would much rather see some accomplished and crafted sleight of hand or well done up close misdirection with a locked off camera.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It must be a connection with the arm. In the lift off, the camera conveniently pans down and it does the same on his descent. I'm sure most have seen Chris Angels 'Building to Building' levitation revealed, but that doesn't apply here because there are obviously many people present as this is going down.

There has been videos floating around explaining the 'Monk Levitatio', where his cane is really the support for a hidden seat. I think that may be the answer here.

We do not see his arm on ascent, so it is quite possible that he pulls out the prosthetic 'support' arm and hides his real arm, underneath his garments. This seems more probable when considering the signs that point to a 'fake arm' levitation.

One other thing to take note of is the fact that he draws a lot of attention to his right arm after the trick. He immediately reaches for a soda in his pocket. He puts the soda in plain view and uses his right hand to open it. It seems as if he wants to make sure we all see his real right arm, to prove that it's real, therefore unable to be a 'support' arm.

I also feel like his effort to make sure we see him using his right arm after the trick is telling. Why else have a soda in your pocket and open it immediately after the trick, if not to point out your arm is real? In the end, the effort to prove his arm is real, immediately after the trick, may be what gives his method away.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Remove the hand from the bus.
Lets have camera's back and front.

If he wont do that then its just fooling people.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Thats possible, although this was an advert for such a beverage in the first place.

Just saying.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
We do not see his arm on ascent, so it is quite possible that he pulls out the prosthetic 'support' arm and hides his real arm, underneath his garments.

Yeah, thats all I'm seeing here. The "arm" connected to the bus is just some kind of fake support rod, while his real arm is just hiding under his jacket.

And this would be *blindingly obvious* to anyone standing around watching his ascent and descent, except that due to camera tricks and careful video editing, the TV audience wont see it. Thus, not impressed at all.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

If it is a paid advertisement, then I have no problem believing it to be a staged/scripted/edited show, instead of an impromptu demonstration of illusion. As a paid advertisement, I don't think they were so concerned with the magic of the illusion, but more so the shock value and attention it would generate.

reply to post by alfa1

Exactly!!

edit on 24-6-2013 by esteay812 because: udyshunol quontint

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Hi!! I love magic and illusions. I began helping my dad with magic/illusion shows when I was 15

It was so fun. And I still do illusion shows with a friend of mine. I am the eye candy
haha..jk. I am the assistant that just helps out here and there and I get split in half and I disappear and other fun stuff.

I know a lot of tricks, so the fun is sometimes gone for me. But the guy I do magic with, blows my mind sometimes with new tricks he learns, and some tricks he won't tell me how they work. I truly think that its more fun that way anyway. I like being blown away by magic still

Dynamo is really cool. His tricks are fun. I do know a few of the ones he does, but some I can't figure out. Thanks for sharing this ...magic is magical
haha

peace and love
~nat the blue eyed cat~

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
So the only public parts seem to be the ones after he is in position up top.

At the end at 1:46-1:48 you can see a wire pulling his shirt up underneath his jacket.
If you watch closely you can actually see it disconnect and his shirt drops down.

Afterwards you can also see some large structures in the front of his pants that would hold him in place. It looks to be a harness built into his pants and jacket that hooks onto his belt region.

(Added the red to show where the wire is)

(Picture of the front supports)
edit on 24-6-2013 by ohiwastedmylif because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I'd like to know.....all the cell phone footage from the public watching........why is it not all on youtube......you see them taking pics and videos....where is it all?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

That's prettty good! I bet the arm on the bus is a fake with a rod in it that conneects to a harness or "yogi" seat.

Yep, pretty much. Nice visual though, and great support arm not to have him bouncing all over the place. Well done illusion.

new topics

top topics

join